1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. jpeixe

jpeixe Gamer

Yeah know the cpu its not great :\

Whats Bloom and volumetric fog?

2. arjit.c

arjit.c Rookie

Just curious, what does "Features: Live Special Events" mean? I see a few new events under the Special Events menu, is it that?

3. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Bloom is when you come out from darkness and the light blinds you for a second AFAK.
    Volumetric fog creates atmosphere to the track. Without that everything is somewhat too sterile in my opinion.

4. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

How to swap drivers to AI (if possible), because after first qualy session cannot start the next one. Engine is now running while automatic engine starting is enabled. However I tried to start manually, but only starting noise...and engine doesn't start.
    Or is this a bug?
    AFAK driver swapping is a mandatory.

5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Well, i'm pretty disappointed. I had really high hopes that we'd see some serious performance improvements with the CPU optimization but i'm actually getting worse performance on the same track with my settings. I have a high end PC and this sim has a long ways to go.

The biggest let down for me continues to be the graphics. They're still blurry (particularly in VR), the frame rates are terrible (60FPS with triple screens on hotlap by myself at most tracks). The AA is not great. I get lots of shadow pop-in unless i crank up the shadows but that kills performance and the mirrors are consuming far too much processing power.

The ups for me are the sounds and tracks. The sounds are some of the best i've heard and the tracks are very detailed and well done.

At this point, i'd rather spend my time in iRacing and the original AC due to the clarity of the graphics. Still in beta, so there's time but it doesn't look promising to me right now.

6. jpeixe

jpeixe Gamer

ok Thanks!!!

7. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Good to know I'm not the only one. Didn't test that much so far but I'm extremely disappointed with performance.

8. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Keyboard arrows!

9. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

OK, please tell me. When I lost my grip, my wheel (T300RS) does literally N.O.T.H.I.N.G. !!!! I can see how the car is sliding, but the wheel....nothing !! it is the wheel settings or the game?
    I hope the first...

earlyapex likes this.
  10. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for hard work over past months.

Drove Nissan around Monza few laps, drives really nice. I can't see my self driving the AC nissan GT3 ever again. It not even same car worlds apart.

I have to say one thing sadly.

Performance has gone down again.

As is stands right now the minimum requirements to run ACC feels like cpu/gpu i7 9700k and 2080ti.

Gonna wait for 1.0 but my hopes are very low that anything will be done about fps.

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Those with performance issues.
    First of all I recommend wiping AC2 and Assetto Corsa Competizione folders in AppData/Local and documents, respectively.
    Then I'd even recommend a full reinstall, especially with VR. I know it's inconvenient but we had a major graphics settings overhaul and it is to be expected in an early access phase.
    Then, Mirrors Resolution is extremely heavy, I personally don't recommend going over MID. Temporal Upsampling and Volumetric Fog are to be disabled in VR, make sure you do that too. In VR, people are reporting issues with using mirrors at all, so I recommend trying to turn it off in the meantime, we'll investigate this.

Thank you all

Pheebau, trucidatio, rauf00 and 28 others like this.
  12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Even though I am not at my rig until tmrw this will be done first thing. Makes sense. Thanks Aris

13. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

14. Alberto Otero

Alberto Otero Rookie

Lots of shadow pop-in over here too. It's very annoying to see shadows appear as you're going over the track, appearing barely 30-50 meters away of the car. This is the biggest error I've seen. The other one is the general graphics, even at high settings it blurs and kinda blink the far zone of the track and the fences. Also the white road lines appear with kinda aliasing, not continuous on the far zones. Multiplayer is ok now and the game is amazing, but have much things to fix... (I have a i5-9600K and RTX2060)

And the last contra but no less important:

We're still not getting 3 monitors support. You can't make a simulator and get the pro simracers without it. It's almost offensive. I know Unreal have not native support but there are games who did his own code for it, and I consider this is a priority.

tlsmikey likes this.
  15. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Reading these comments I knew a new installation would be required.
    I add these kind of problem on an earlier release, a full reinstall did the job for me (with VR).

16. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Full new install? Do i only erase from steam my game? From properties and uninstall

17. How to get rid of the blue tint/fog/haze? The blue everything pretty much ruins the entire experience for me, nothing next gen about it at all.

--------------
    First impressions after a half dozen laps at Monza:
    Sounds: Awesome, wonderful, terrific
    Graphics: Everything maxed at (sharpness at 100%) at 1080p = 60+ fps while hotlapping alone in clear daytime conditions. Will quite likely have to lower several settings once I add AI, night, rain...
    FFB: Feels good enough for me, will know more once I start overdriving the cars.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  18. M96

M96 Racer

Tried multiplayer, imho the disqualification is too strict as of now ... Wet weather, slow guy strolling on the racing line (like, really strolling), I bumped him from behind, but nothing major as I could not avoid him and got disqualified from the race :/ I understand it was still my fault but a disqualification seems quite excessive to be honest..

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

My guess is it's the post processing. You should reduce it to high or medium at least.
    There is also a new setting for the fog, maybe that ?

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Bumps don't cause DSQ, only severe cutting (and possibly false positives from teleporting). With this in mind, can you re-describe what went wrong?