1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please have a look at the WriteString() method in the sample, you'll need an equivalent for both prefixing the size and converting to UTF8.

2. leosntone

leosntone Rookie

Code:
    public static void writeByte(ByteArrayOutputStream os , String s) throws Exception{
            byte[] temp = s.getBytes("utf-8");
            os.write((short)temp.length);
            os.write(temp);
        }
    java no unsigned integer. only short is 2 byte but signed.

3. Minolin

If you are sure your value is > 0, you can pass the signed one.

There are for sure correct bit shifting solutuions out there, but this makes me think of moving everything to int32. There are no big pakets anymore, size won't hurt

4. leosntone

leosntone Rookie

REGISTER_COMMAND_APPLICATION = 1
    BROADCASTING_PROTOCOL_VERSION =2
    displayName = name
    connectionPassword=12345
    msRealtimeUpdateInterval=100
    commandPassword=12345

byte[] = [1, 2, 4, 110, 97, 109, 101, 5, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 100, 5, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53]

5. Minolin

right.. it should be

1, 2, 4, 0, 110, 97, 109, 101, 5, 0, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 100, 0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53

So for some reason your string size descriptor is 1 byte instead of a short (I absolutely don't see why).
    And the os.write(100); seems to write a byte instead of int32 as well. Given the surprising platform difficulties I'd like to add this is expected in little endian.

6. leosntone

leosntone Rookie

thank you for reply me.

java byte[] result is [1, 2, 4, 110, 97, 109, 101, 5, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 100, 5, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53]
    C# is 1,2,4,0,110,97,109,101,5,0,49,50,51,52,53,100,0,0,0,5,0,49,50,51,52,53,
    so
    Code:
    ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
            os.write((byte)1);
            os.write((byte)2);
            writeByte(os,"name");
            writeByte(os,"12345");
            os.write(100);
            os.write(0);
            os.write(0);
            os.write(0);
            writeByte(os,"12345");
            byte[] bytes = os.toByteArray();
    Code:
    public static void writeByte(ByteArrayOutputStream os , String s) throws Exception{
            byte[] temp = s.getBytes("utf-8");
            os.write((short)temp.length);
            os.write(0);
            os.write(temp);
        }
    it works. i can receive data. :p

7. Minolin

ya but that won't help much, I figure you'll see the same mismatches on the receiving side.
    *very* surprised about java here, in multiple perspectives

8. leosntone

leosntone Rookie

just like, int16 is 2 byte, so br.write(ushort) needs two positions , it is [4, 0] if bw.Write(Convert.ToUInt16(bytes.Length));
    bw.Write(100), int32 is 4 byte, so it is [100,0,0,0] .
    Very strange. :p

9. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Finally i'm back to code, i figured out how to connect and receive data with UE4, the strange thing is that i can't get the "local" socket port until i send data at least once, i supposed that once you have created a socket you was ok on gather the port, btw the solution it's pretty easy and i get it after the first time i send data with the "request connection" like this:

Code:
    SenderSocket->SendTo(Message.GetData(), Message.Num(), BytesSent, *RemoteAddr);

SenderLocalPort = SenderSocket->GetPortNo();

now i can start write all the structures and all the remaining stuff.

TDS likes this.
  10. ZioYuri78

Now i can read and write strings (from FString to UTF8 and viceversa), now the road is all downhill (or at least until the next bug) :)
    Code Snippets below (class, variables and functions names are subject to change..maybe..) :

Code:
    void AUDPSenderReceiver::WriteString(FArrayWriter &Buffer, const FString &String)
    {
        int16 SLength = String.Len();
        ANSICHAR *UTF8String = TCHAR_TO_UTF8(*String);

Buffer << SLength;
        for (char *p = UTF8String; p < UTF8String + SLength; ++p)
        {
            Buffer << *p;
        }
    }

Code:
    void AUDPSenderReceiver::ReadString(const FArrayReaderPtr &Buffer, FString &String)
    {
        int16 SLength = 0;
        uint8 SChar = 0;

*Buffer << SLength;

for (int i = 0; i < SLength; ++i)
        {
            *Buffer << SChar;
            String.AppendChar(SChar);
        }
    }

TDS likes this.
  11. ZioYuri78

Hey @Minolin , which is the correct way to unregister/disconnect a client? I tried send a request with the UNREGISTER_COMMAND_APPLICATION and BROADCAST_PROTOCOL_VERSION like this (UE4 C++)
    Code:
    void AUDPSenderReceiver::ACCDRequestDisconnection()
    {
        FArrayWriter Message;
        uint8 CommandType = (uint8)EOutboundMessageTypes::UNREGISTER_COMMAND_APPLICATION;
        uint8 ProtocolVersion = (uint8)EBNProtocol::BROADCAST_PROTOCOL_VERSION;

Message << CommandType;
        Message << ProtocolVersion;

int32 BytesSent = 0;
        SenderSocket->SendTo(Message.GetData(), Message.Num(), BytesSent, *RemoteAddr);

CheckByteSent(BytesSent);

}

but it doesn't work, maybe i need to also send the ConnectionId?

TDS likes this.
  12. leosntone

leosntone Rookie

now it does not work at 0.6 ???

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Check the changelog:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/update-0-6-mp-ratings-rebooted.55050/

14. leosntone

leosntone Rookie

now, 1.0 released. but when i connected game, it show this error massege "Your broadcasting control app is outdated".
    I use source code compilation which in release game.

15. ZioYuri78

Yeah, is still the old client.

16. leosntone

leosntone Rookie

but i use Testclient/ksBroadcastingTestClient.exe it works fine. o_O

17. ZioYuri78

Maybe @Minolin uploaded the right compiled client but the old source code :D

18. Minolin

ya looks like that, sorry :-/ let me fish the first 200 tasks on my list and I'll try to upload the current sources

19. Can someone provide an overview of the changes of the udp interface with the new update (1.1)?

20. Minolin

no changes, C# sample in the steam folder should be up to date

Ensi Ferrum likes this.