1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why this forum is so unfriendly?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Alwox, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

Yesterday I posted here suggestion about some game improvement ( https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/mileage-counter-for-cars.55246/ ). 3 minutes later post was locked without any information why. Maybe this question was already asked somewhere or devs mentioned it. Well ok, but I used the search option and found only a similar question for AC from 2013.. Maybe I missed it somewhere but this archaic forum is really hard to use. Anyway, it's not really hard to write ONE sentence or even just word like "duplicated". And I'm not the only one because I saw here many similar cases.

This block was almost immediate but on the other hand, when I asked about an issue making game completely unplayable for me there was only one response after few days from another player. The reason was that force feedback settings was changed and this wasn't mentioned in changelog.

I don't want to looks like only complaining and demanding. I'm also a developer and understand things like an issue with rewrite delay etc. I really appreciate your work on a game and I think it's amazing how progress looks like. What I just want to say is that you opened EA and if it's not only to get money faster and have free testers maybe it would be nice to at least answer sometimes to people spending their time to give you some feedback and suggestions. IMO if you start EA you could be a bit better prepared to connect with a community. Situations like described and archaic and hard to follow forum as an only place for communication with community feedback does not look too good :(

In addition, a small note to the rest of the community. I can see here some closed circle of a fanbase defending without any reflection (and sometimes even more rude) everything what mods say. I don't want to say you have to agree with me or other not fully satisfied people but please add just a bit of criticism for more objective opinions and remember everyone wants this game to be great (otherwise we wouldn't spend our time to join here) ;)

No offense, have fun in game!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room BHMS website and forum Mar 5, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where Are the AC forums? I don't have Competizione. Apr 13, 2023
    Chit Chat Room CSP forum? Dec 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room New Member - How can I post in the support forum? Mar 31, 2022
    Chit Chat Room There should be a FAQ about how to get privileges for posting in the forums that one want Mar 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PC Forums Mar 2, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Please let me ask in the other forumsssss Dec 8, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Which sub-forum for dedi server install issues? Oct 25, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected | NO STATS, SERVERS| THIS DID NOT WORK: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?th Jul 9, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Cant post in troubleshooting forum Jun 5, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Watched Forums Mar 23, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Suggestion for forum: Specific Tracks and Cars Threads. Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why can’t I post on PC FORUM Nov 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Forum download error – How to fix? Sep 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone have a painfully slow forum experiance? Say hello to Discourage mode. Aug 17, 2020

3. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

This forum intends to be friendly but it clearly says "Wishlists will be closed immediately" at the top, which is what you experienced. Like I said in another place, currently we are not looking for suggestions or wishlist threads, you can post in the generic discussion forums, we also follow those.

4. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

Ok, I understand but 1)
    I can't see that anywhere, for sure not in "before posting" what I read 2) still just posting copy paste replay like this would look much better. Instead when I just wanted to help and spent some time with giving feedback I got feeling like "fu** off". I do not feel offended, it's just my general opinion that imo there is still big problem with communication especially like for game with EA.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

It says so directly below the Forum title:
    upload_2019-3-7_15-32-56.png

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

i ve been in many forums since >20 years and have had own forums, forums together with friends, helped to administrate / customize etc. pp.
    and never i ve seen a forum that is so clean and well moderated as this one. sorry, but you are on the wrong track. :(

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Fully agree. Get ready for another Panky special :p

ANTI-BULLSH!T-SYSTEM

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  8. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

In my opinion the forum design could be worked on. We see "outdated" information like the big red AC related text above the text box, while current information, such as "no wishlists" is written with light grey and tiny font and yesterday I had to send some logs, asked the dev directly where to find it, he showed me a small screenshot of the forums saying where to find log files for ACC and I still haven't found it directly. AC Support has it in his signature, but that's all I could find. Maybe if the "big red text" - that is unavoidable to look at while posting - had these informations, less moderation and would be needed. Juuuust slightly.

9. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

You shouldn't see it like that as the whole team is extremly busy. Every answer here takes away valuable dev time ^^

10. Turk

Turk Alien

To be fair it would be easy enough to miss that.

The problem Alwox is that you came at a particularly tense time. We were on the verge of burning down the observatory if we didn't see an update soon, Kunos were desperately trying to get the update out so couldn't give the answers people wanted. It's all cool now we got our ACC fix. :D

There can be a lot of giving out on the forum. Although for some reason forum posts always seem to be read as someone screaming rather than just asking a question. I would be one of the people that would try and talk people down, I try not to be aggressive about it, most of us are here because we have ACC in common.

11. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

I find it very friendly around here and quite informative. I don't post much, but read and find answers to my questions daily.
    This sim is going to be tremendous I am loving it.
    So, about wishlists while they are frowned upon I have one. One wish.

I want the spotter to swear.
    Instead of saying "Alright this lap will be invalidated", I want him to really beat me up.
    "You really fuxxed up that didn't you"
    "Where are you going, get back on track stop fu**ing around!"

I always enjoyed this with crew chief.

Arlo, Freddie Seng and pankykapus like this.
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Only if he unintentionally switches languages when he gets mad and swears at me in Italian :)

Ducati likes this.
  13. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

I'm not saying I'm for sure right, after discussion I'm able to say I was wrong. I'm just saying my feeling and you can take it as some feedback. For example this info is really hard to noticed, also even if it's somewhere written it doesn't sond fair to close treads with friendly suggestions without even word (on forum for EA game). All I want to say are suggestions what could be improved because lack of good communication (and information) is source of all bigger problems.

It's truly awesome that we can talk with devs directly but lets be honest, it shouldn't be part of their responsibilities.

thanks that you gave me instant example of friendly and helpful people ;)

To sum up maybe good advise will be just to update "before posting" topic and write there exactly what you want for us and what is not welcome.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Please lighten up. If you had enough hours around here you would know that I am both friendly and helpful. You haven't really asked anything of the the community that we can help you with, then your quick to label us as rude and unfriendly and instruct us on what to do. You need to relax mate ;)

btw my joke picture was not aimed directly at you. It was aimed at this thread being closed because I know it will get out of hand. It is a provocative and bold title.

Your previous thread got closed. Move on pal.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    sps_for_race likes this.
  15. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

I'm chilled and didn't write anything on you, just replied to what you wrote here. Sorry I didn't took whole your forum history into account. Just joking, have a good evening guys ;)

16. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

Kunos is still a small team, I doubt they have the ressources to hire someone that takes care of the Forum exclusively.

17. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

We have an angry Dutchman, be glad you haven't met him. :D

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well I'm pretty confident we could just raise a hand and say "ok guys, we won't look at the forums anymore, please find somebody to tell people things like "awesome, thanky you man! I will directly forward this to the developers! Have a nice day!", and it would immediately happen.

The point is that we fight hard to somehow get along with all of this, and keep up the current way how things work here. @Alwox is right, it's cool to be in touch (for both sides). And imo actually important.
    Yes, sometimes this means users won't get the answer they are looking for (or factually deserve) - and we really can't explain everything. For the wishlists, we have a looooong history, and you'd need to be around any community like this to understand the reaction (the so called "fanboys blindly defending anything" maybe just are reading forums like this for years, and have a different view on wishlists). I see this is not fair, but "fair" sadly is not always on the table.

19. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Great post, as someone new too KS games, I would argue that the "strong opinions " we have as sim racers are not specific to ACC, AC, or any other sim. It's something that the community needs to work on as a whole, were all here to have fun, and perhaps learn something about car dynamics as well. I think everyone is passionate about sim racing and its created a culture which can be polarizing, look at the Sim Racing Subreddit its full of people bashing "Insert Simulator Name Here". I think KS has done a great job, but by no means is it a forum problem but more of a sim racing as a whole problem.

20. Alwox

Alwox Gamer

Thank you @Minolin, that's the honest and valuable answer that convinced me. Sorry if it sound attacking or something like that, I wasn't my intention. Maybe I was a bit too irate but just wanted to leave my opinion about that feeling.

tjr, Radfahrer, Whitestar and 4 others like this.
  21. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

I am offended, those are hate words, I am triggered by them and you are a RACEest

:)
    Just joking and making lite of it. I have found you can ask the mod or admin that locked it and they will give you a very reasonable explanation. IMO the site is extremely helpful and polite other than some sites that peopl eget butt hurt and go all alpha screaming for mods to ban you for saying they suck