1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Suspension and Spart... setups, I mean setups!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Borbor

Borbor Racer

You can't take that flat unless the track is rubbered in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Well, you can. The track temp + fuel amount + tyre pressure is key. For sure it won't be doable at 38 degrees track temp... Try a session in 11 pm for example and see.

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats more a line issue at t2 I think, if you come out too wide then you cant make t3 flat. If you get t2 correct then 3 is pretty easy flat and is flat from t2 apex. You dont even need too much apex curb at 3 if you are wide enough (left side) on entry, but from mid track theres no hope and needs a big lift or you go very wide.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In the 30 min hotstint its not as rubbered and with the correct exit at 2 it was flat every lap. Less grip then that probably not but you will need to adjust pressures to meet track conditions.

5. fabT

fabT Alien

I agree, with a proper line no issue in doing T3 flat out.
    Take a slightly late apex at T2 ( non necessary, but makes it easier ) and tighten your line to its inner curb.
    "Copy" it, use the "rubbered" part of the curb as a reference.

Don't abuse the T3 inner curb, you don't need that.
    Kiss it eventually, don't cross it.

Freddie Seng and Schnipp like this.
  6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

http://www.simracingmania.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-setup-for-dummies.376/

This is exactly how our diff preload works, because it feels like this exactly. Amiright?

Cheers
    Robin

7. will a plug in be inserted to use telemetry?

8. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Hi @Aristotelis
    will there be an option to add or remove fuel explicitly without any automatic adjustments? To setup the car with half fuel perfectly and to be able to take these exact settings into the race just with full fuel?

pr0racer, menos | M6 and Epistolarius like this.
  9. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

It would be soooo cool if this could be accomplished as it is in real life:

While setting up your car it should be physically in the actual pit with the mechanics and race engineer surrounding it doing all the setup work and particularly the alignment with all given values from the setup screen (including the fuel load specified for the SETUP).

When you finish your setup the car would be moved out of the pit on roller boards, set to the ground and FUELED to session spec.

So we should be able to set a wanted fuel load for setup+alignment and a fuel load for the actual session it is fueled to.

Is this a logic that could be doable with the current setup of ACC @Aristotelis ?

10. HoneybadgerF1

HoneybadgerF1 Rookie

Hey guys I picked up ACC early access a few months ago but only started playing again once I finally got my wheel from Fanatec ... just curious if it's possible to be competitive on baseline setups or if it's necessary to tinker ... I know in iRacing it's essentially mandatory to find a custom setup in most series. Thanks!

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You can be extremely competitive in the aggressive setup. Even many aliens use setups with slight differences from the aggressive ones.

Tim Meuris, LeDude83, david m and 3 others like this.
  12. ignission

ignission Simracer

The default setups are very good. You can certainly be competitive with them, particularly the default aggressives.

Edit: Ninja'd by the set up master :)

13. Si.

Si. Simracer

I really appreciate how good the setups are in ACC, in other games it feels as if they’re intentionally poor so you have to fiddle with them whereas in ACC even the Standard Setup is competitive.

Luca Zari, chksix and david m like this.
  14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you, greatly appreciated.

When we had most of the features of the ACC physics engine running, it was immediately clear to us that the cars, exactly as their real counterparts, had very narrow window of operation. It became imperative to me, that i had to provide good presets to let the people enjoy the sim and for the most adventurous ones, good bases to work with and explore.

It might be difficult to understand what a performance window is, but I'll try to visualize it for you with a simple example.
    The following text diagram is the whole setup values limits variation fo a car. Means you can change all values from a minimum to a maximum and all combinations between them.
    |----------------------------------------------------------------------|

Now in AC1 you had a range that could make the car work and somewhere there it would be also fast for you. It would be something like the following
    |---------------(_______working range______)--------------|

In reality you certainly have heard how hard it is to bring the cars into their operating window. The more advance is the car, the worst it is. A GT4 car is easier to make it work, a GT3 is harder, an LMP1 even more and F1 even more than that.
    So in ACC now we have something like that
    |-------(_____)-----------------------(_________)------------|

So this is the situation. Obviously the ranges are not fixed nor they are exactly as I show. They change depending on the car/track combination, weather conditions and more. If you go outside that window operation, both higher or lower, the rules of thumb of setup making, stop to work. For example you might know that making the rear antiroll bar softer it should give more traction and grip, but if you go outside the window, then a lower value might make the rear end move too much, unbalance the aero platform and make you lose traction and grip. This also changes from car to car.

Because of all of that, I really wanted to provide you good base setups. Hopefully we delivered and if needed we will update in the future.

15. ignission

ignission Simracer

Over delivered if you ask me. It's clear that the amount of work put into the base setups for each car/track combo has been significant.

sissydriver and LeDude83 like this.
  16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

You certainly did so far and I really appreciate it. Building a setup on my own in AC1 was a nightmare for me since I had to put a lot of time in it which I didn't really have. So the actual racing too often was just a very small part of my driving experience. I'm very happy this is gonna change now. :)

sissydriver likes this.
  17. HoneybadgerF1

HoneybadgerF1 Rookie

Thanks guys! You're right the stock setup is awesome. Also I may be a complete idiot but I have a few newbie questions:

(1) Can someone explain the process of starting the car in manual mode? I hit the engine start button and the ignition button but wasn't able to start the car and had to go back to automatic mode..... trying to learn how to run the game on pro mode. Do i need to assign a clutch pedal?

(2) Does anyone have one of the Fanatec F1 steering wheels and can help me with button mapping? Just curious what menus I'll need to access during gameplay. Thanks!

(3) Are there any plans to make an ACC discord server?

18. I can answer to your first question.
    First you need to set a button for the mfd menu you can find in settings, controls, interface buttons.
    then when you are in game on track, push that mfd button until you find the controls menu in place of the standings one.
    once you are in the control menu just go to ignition and press right arrow from the wheel.
    at last go to start engine, just below, e right arrow again. that's it m8.
    I hope I was helpfull

19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

(1) You have to first press the Ingnition button (once) and after that press and hold start engine button until the engine is running. Haven't done it in a while, but best to have the car in neutral for the peocedure.

(2) I don't have a Fanatec wheel, but during gameplay you can't change key/button mappings on the fly.
    Only way to change binds is to exit an active session and go into settings for controls.

20. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I found that doing laps with safe setup with Jag ( tweaked it a bit, bit oversteer-y to my liking ) is much better suited for me than aggressive setup, doing much faster laps. Not sure why.

But yeah, safe setups are really really good, awesome work, love to have my own setups and not taking them off the net, and good base setup is golden.

sissydriver and david m like this.