1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Naer

Naer Gamer

Edit: Wrong post, sorry

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Karsten Beoulve likes this.
  3. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

So... After waiting for the much anticipated 0.6 release, I have to say i'm a little bit concerned with the state of the game. Don't get me wrong, i'm hoping for the best, just fearing the worst.

I haven't spent too much time since release, but here's the most bothersome aspects for me.

Seems you can still enter races midway through. I mean, really!?
    There is still no penalty system in place for track excursions, speeding in the pits etc.
    Now I get zero audible warning of yellow flags. We all know it was bad before, but one extreme to the other.
    Performance seems to be worse for me (Oculus rift). Game now stutters quite a bit in places. I've downgraded settings, but maybe I need fresh install?
    HUD still clips through car interior (static hud) Would be nice if you could alter the vertical position of the hud on screen, as lowering it would be good for me.
    No sense of race ending, no chequered flag, results screen, unceremoniously dumped, quite literally, back to the pits. I've been overtaken on the cooldown laps(s??) and lost places....
    My online/safety rating doesn't appear to be updating. Don't really care, but if it will lock me out of servers, that will be bad. Either that or it's just getting so trashed by people not understanding that you have to brake a bit earlier into turn one this lap, and there are other cars right alongside...
    This isn't necessarily my Personal Best, maybe my session best!? ;)

There may be server settings which could address some of the above, but I know nothing of these things.

I'm sure there's a few others, and I really do hope all these things are being addressed. I've tried to be one of the more positive early access users, and haven't lost all hope just yet, but 0.6, for me, is disappointing.

I still love the driving experience but the game needs some serious work to feel like it has some soul and a sense of purpose, if that makes sense?

There are good things, like more graphical options and better seat positioning tools, the game is more stable (had one crash) and the multiplayer is smoother overall. Though there was a random phantom Ferrari that passed right through me in one race at Monza...

Anyway, i'm off to get side swiped by some random who's just joined the race partway through... :confused:

4. OBTable

OBTable Gamer

Thanks Kunos, finally I felt the physics to the full. And as FFB became clear even on Logitech )

The only thing is that when after Nissan you sit down, for example, on a Jaguar or a BMW, then you would like to add FFB, which is too easy for them.

P.S. Do not change the physics )

5. trutya

trutya Simracer

online races are messy that's true, but man, driving in the wet... crazy! max immersion. awesome.
    i'm sure these annoying things will be sorted out. it's hard to go back to any old sim after ACC.

6. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I have just done the official race on wet Monza, the rain on the windshield when somebody splashes on puddles before us is amazing. The dynamic rain drops really makes the difference graphically (even more in VR I would say).

Son, LeDude83, jaxx_za and 1 other person like this.
  7. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

When are we gong to get rabbits splat and pigeon bounces? You want to make it real drop a pigion on a windshield or have a rabbit run across the track. Thats freaking racin, happens all the time in 24hrs of Lemons :) Them rabbitas are slick

NoobJunglerGG and Son like this.
  8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I will just quote you and developers post for replies to similar questions and comments

NoobJunglerGG, Dookie, Son and 5 others like this.
  9. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

We might be in 0.6 content wise but in 0.3 feature wise. Nonetheless its already super addictive. I just spent 6 hours racing online and to be honest I don't remember when was the last time I was hooked so strongly. :)

Yes there are annoyances, a lot of small little details, but now I feel the base is so good that its hard to not expect awesome things in the hopefully near future. Now, if only devs added a pace car.. :D

Freddie Seng, Son, trutya and 7 others like this.
  10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I switched to the 'helmet cam' (?) for the first time last night and it was awesome. I am on a single 21:9 display 29'' with FOV at 30 and it's perfect for that, because it gives me more visibility of the corner apexes. Also the forward/backward head movement is very cool , I felt a bit dizzy at the start but then I was ok. I found out that even in that view I can adjust the FOV so it's.. VR without VR ! Great job @Minolin I guess ?
    Only gripe is not having the virtual mirror but with radar and map I can cope.

trutya, LeDude83 and Max Doubt like this.
  11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I haven't been following the forum for the past two months, so can someone tell if the full release has been postponed? I mean, it was supposed to come this month, but it seems unlikely with the whole "redo the code and postpone build 6" thing.

12. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Your responses demonstrate a misunderstanding of the point being made, and they are dismissive, defensive and somewhat condescending without consideration that there may be something worth contributing. I noticed this issue as I seem unable to achieve my preferred width aspect without the top and bottom of the screen showing too much roof or dash. Also the road looked thin vs other games, I could see more sky and the car felt tall from within.
    I have googled the following image and compared to R1s screenshot to investigate. Screenshot_20190308-101203.png Screenshot_20190308-101246.png

If these were matching then the red car in the screenshot ought to have a slightly wider aspect ratio due to the angle of the camera being from above vs directly behind for the real car. The difference however is so pronounced that the opposite is true.
    Taking measurements from identical points on the car gives the following horizontal:vertical ratios;
    Google image of car (white) - 2.545 : 1
    In game image (red) - 2.286 : 1

This is more than a 11% variation, which would be even greater were the chase cam level with the car as in the other shot.

This is very important in a racing game as the horizontal aspect is the main consideration (ie. cars turn left/right not up/down). Any reduction in this ratio reduces the 'sensitivity' of the perception for the most important vector of movement when cornering.
    Thanks again to all staff, I really like this game and hope this can be of help with the development.

13. Balroque

Balroque Rookie

Has anybody else noticed
    - cars in virtual mirror seems much far behind your car then in the other mirrors?
    - when you are following the car in front of you, especially in warming lap, it seems that there is no bonnet at all on your car, you can go as close as literally to almost touch your windscreen

Son and D.Jankovic like this.
  14. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Haven’t had the chance to play too much yet, but I’m afraid that performance has definitely dropped for me. I’m scaling the back the settings bit by bit to get a smooth game. While I was pretty much maxed on Epic for almost everything on 0.5, on 0.6 I’m now on high or mud for most settings. I also get very bad stutters if I hit a curb or similar (but that was usually the case with 0.6 too). Shame, 0.5 was phenomenal for me.

15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Not sure if I understand your point. My first (dumb?) observation is that you cannot compare the two pictures because you cannot only consider the angle of the camera being from above. You also have to consider the focal length of the camera. A chase cam uses a very wide angle (short focal length) to put as much stuff as possible into the screen. Of course that distorts the image. I am not sure if you have already done this, but a good way to measure should be to first use a view where you can adjust the FOV, then calculate the ideal FOV for your screen, then choose an object and then finally compare that with a picture of the same object.

16. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

Hi all, my Rating work in race, but that does not work in the profile. he marks numbers like 124 SA, the next minute he is different. it does not update. change every minute weirdly

17. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Doesn't the horizontal/vertical ratio remain the same regardless of FOV? Otherwise would it not distort due to any such changes? And anyway thats the point, that it is distorted.
    In regard to the camera angle, yes but the difference should be the other way as viewing in 2D from above shows less vertical size not more (90° maximises the exposed surface visible). Therefore the object would be even taller if the camera angle was the same, as I said.

18. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

If you want the wheel to feel more heavy you can change the caster value. Increasing (or shall i say reducing because the number is negative, i think; e.g. from -9 to -10) the value should make the wheel heavy.

trutya likes this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Just as good on a classic monitor, believe me ;-)

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Must be a bug - maybe reinstall? Performance on the GPU has pretty much remained the same, CPU performance has been improved.

warth0g likes this.