1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

if you havent already, try turning down rear view resolution (not only quality). Made quite a difference for me.

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Because it has also with TAA on Epic. I still see it sometimes in replays and when i choose the behind the car camera.

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I am not an expert so take my answer with a pinch of salt, but a FOV higher than the "ideal" one stretches the 3D space in front of you to let you see more things on the sides. If you have a window the size of your display and you look outside, you can see a slice that is, for example, 30-degree wide. If you want to see, for example, 90 degrees in that window, in reality you get closer to the window. When driving a car, though, you are at a fixed distance from the windscreen. In the game, the only way to see 90 degrees is by "bending" the space in front of you. You are not bending a 2D photo, though, you are stretching 3d objects and making them slimmer (and longer) so they can leave room for the stuff on the sides. A side effect of this is that an object will appear farther than it actually is. Like in rearview mirrors:
    [​IMG]

About the "90 degrees maximises the exposed surface visible" etc., my impression is that is only true if the surface you are seeing is perpendicular to the floor. Which is not the case for the back of the Nissan. Which is also not flat. So if you go up with the camera you may see more surface. Here:
    upload_2019-3-8_16-1-1.png

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  4. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

Well, there is in chase, mostly. But for cockpit, replays and AI the difference between Epic and High is enormous. On High the wiper, mirror, A pillar have ghosting, as well as AI cars. On Epic, not really noticable.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  5. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I reckon watching this footage two things:

1) The spray could be a bit more grey-ish ingame in general (starts 1:49 min) and it seems the spray fountain shoots more up from the middle of the diffusor, does not spread so much to the left and right but collects in the middle.
    2) I want that GT3 car

6. trutya

trutya Simracer

wow, so the new Aston has the same engine as the AMG GT3?
    in the Merc, it feels for me it sounds better...

7. It's turbocharged in the Aston and N/A in the merc. That's why the merc sounds better.

Freddie Seng and trutya like this.
  8. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I saw it at VLN last year and it didn't sound bad at all in my opinion. Quite enjoyed it.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  9. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Have you tried removing the Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione and AppData/Local/AC2 folders and reinstalling the game? This was posted by a developer and has worked for a number of users (including myself) who are experiencing poor performance with 0.6.

10. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Sure this all makes sense. My question however was;
    Does the fov adjustment affect only the horizontal or also the vertical to retain the relative dimensions?
    And of the screenshots I posted, considering the tapered angle of the rear end(good point btw), do you think the shot from directly behind is closer to the perpendicular(90° to the rear surface) than the angle of the chase Cam? If so my assertion remains, or if they are even similar there is still around 11% variation between the game model and the google image shown.

11. Echo_

Echo_ Gamer

I think the Aston sounds great for a Turboed car, Bentley still wins for me though :)

12. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

That was the first advice given by pankykapus, but he corrected himself yesterday. The new and current advice is to have Sharpen on default (80) or lower when advanced sharpening is enabled.

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Hmm ok, you meant 90 degrees to the surface. Still, not being it a flat surface it is not said that you see less surface when you go up. For the rest I expect the FOV change to work like a wideangle lens, that is circular. But just because I love examples: here is a guy (not me!) that takes three shots with three different lenses and at three different real distances but keeping more or less the same "virtual" size. I am not sure if this answers your question, in any case I wouldn't expect correct proportions in a high FOV image.
    [​IMG]

Having said that, I hope someone from Kunos checks if there is any error in the proportions so we are good. Peace out.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  14. Yeah its all to do with the fov and camera position - no stretching of aspect ratio required, and the model proportions are just fine.

Check for yourself with the new F7 cam, its very easy. You can set up the view to match both the super wide and high angle chase cam, and also that low FOV cam mimicking the white GTR on the previous page - nothing but position and FOV has changed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coanda, LeiF, Freddie Seng and 4 others like this.
  15. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I’ve turned everything down (inc mirrors) but I haven’t done the reinstall. I guess that will be be my next step. Thanks

16. Turk

Turk Alien

FOV shouldn't have any effect on dimensions. Increasing the FOV is just cramming more information into the same space. There's no magnification involved, you're just introducing or removing extra information at the sides into or out of the frame. If you take a wide angle lens like an 18mm and zoom in on the middle it will look exactly like a 50mm, just with less resolution. I doubt Kunos have put in the extra work to make this not the case.

17. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Damn, I get involved in these lenghty debates about FOV every single time :(
    @Turk no , it will look different because of the lens aberration but yes, FOV is not about size. It's about.. how you use it :D

Coanda and Winston like this.
  18. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Thanks for this, using same reference points I get 2.5:1 ratio from the similar view. Much closer to the google image used.
    mmm,

19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I think we see more spray in the middle because of the big red light. It should spray in every direction.

20. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

After all @Max Doubt may have a point, the point being that he feels the chase cam uses an angle and a FOV that are excessive.
    This is a reasonable complaint, I guess.