1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Yes the files are saved in your Documents/ Asetto Corsa Competizione /Mo TeC folder

2. 2k17gt

2k17gt Rookie

^This is Exhibit A for why I finally made the jump from console to PC recently, so I could dive in deeper and learn to become a competent sim racer. Thank you Kunos for bringing the MoTec telemetry and workspace to the sim, this is really impressive stuff.

Cheers!
    Chris

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Very cool. But as Aris said, this is just the beginning. Actually making sense of this data and making meaningful setup changes as a result is not easy. I look forward to more tutorials.

2k17gt and anthony galmiche like this.
  4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Here's an extension of the base ACC workspace that adds the classic traction circle, that shows your lateral and longitudinal G forces as a scatter plot.

Unzip base_ACC_wally.zip into Documents\Motec\i2\Workspaces, and open a telemetry file in that workspace.

TractionCircle.jpg

Attached Files:

Brado23 and 2k17gt like this.
  5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Is possible to have in the same page,

this:
    [​IMG]

and this?
    [​IMG]

Obviously, changing dimensions and what is necessary.
    But i'd like to have the "track report" always visible, so in every page.

Daniel Monteiro likes this.
  6. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I have a question about the Suspension travel values
    If i am sitting in the pits not moving Mo Tec tells me that both L & R front are at 16mm and both L & R Rear art at 21mm
    my question is what is the link to the setup values on the garage setup screen because i cant connect to 2 is it a direct relation to dampers or ride height
    My ride height is set to F 55mm R 65mm.
    Also what does the suspension travel measure if i am not moving should it not be reading 0 then as the suspension compresses then the value should increase and as it extends it should read a - value.
    Confusing i must say :confused::confused:

WallyM likes this.
  7. Yes, it's possible, you only have to resize the graph to change its size and then right click on the empty space you can add anything new

8. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

YES just press the V key you will get a variation of the track display and all of the readouts :):)

Arlo and GRFOCO like this.
  9. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

This is what you get
    [​IMG]

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Paul Sutton - Yes. Resize your Time/Distance Graph --> Add --> Track Report --> Resize/Move Track Report.

In older versions of motec you used to be able to add multiple overlays which you can also still do however the one major difference is as soon as you click on the Time/Distance graph the overlays will be hidden behind it. Its a real pain and I have not been able to figure out a way around this. I'd like to add some overlay gauges however they are always lost in the background.

motec_tr.jpg

zeva and GRFOCO like this.
  11. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

:rolleyes:

12. Arlo

Arlo Racer

Do I need to remove the data sheets when used? Because yesterday i did a race on Zolder but in the track map display it gave the monza track from the day before.

13. @Arlo @Aristotelis It's not needed, the problem is that the telemetry files have incorrect venue field value, right now it has the car name when it should be the circuit name. That's the correct value for venue so the motec software can assign a previously generated track map to a new telemetry file. While this is not corrected you can edit manually this field in the motec software, once you have opened a telemtry file click on the details icon (or use Ctrl+d) and in the new windows click on the edit button at the bottom, then you can edit the details and you should change the venue field to the name of the circuit (or copy the cotent of the Event field) and then close the details window. This way you only have to generate the track map the first time for that venue but you have to edit every telemetry file.

JanR, Brado23 and 2k17gt like this.
  14. Arlo

Arlo Racer

@Fernando Cerviño Thank you for your explanation. I will try that out when i am done at the office. Have a nice (race)Weekend.

15. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Hello, how to create concentric maps of a given circuit for comparison purposes? thank you

16. chikiwaki

chikiwaki Rookie

Hello All, First of all, thank you for ACC, I love it, with all its temporary drawbacks.
    I've read a post where a fellow driver couldn't find the files that in theory, and the rest of you show proof, ACC should generate for MoTeC. In my case it is the same.
    I followed the instructions, I have the lastest MoTeC software, the Assetto Corsa Competicione/MoTeC folder, the MoTeC /i2 folder, copied the Workspace folder in MoTeC/i2/Workspaces, which shows me the Workspaces created by Ari, set 9 laps to generate on Electronics, run several stints with different cars in different circuits, 90% valid laps, but The MoTeC folder under Assetto Corsa Competicione folders is completely empty bar the Workspaces folder, so I cannot copy any files nor open them in MoTeC.
    Anyone can help me on this?

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Did you copy the Workspace folder into Documents/MoTec/i2/Workspaces?
    I just tried and it works for me. You have to exit from the session for it to save tho.

chikiwaki likes this.
  18. chikiwaki

chikiwaki Rookie

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did it. And also I tried it yesterday and today. Copying it manually and also double click on base_ACC.i2wsp-archive.
    I have closed ACC, and returned back.

19. 2k17gt

2k17gt Rookie

Not in front of my PC at the moment, but just a couple of quick suggestions in case they help:

• After you set your number of laps in Electronics and leave the Setup menus, go back to your current setup menu and make sure that the lap selection stuck.
    • If you're not already doing so, save your setup with the desired laps so that at the beginning of each race session, you can load it up.
    • To clarify what @CoproManiac said, you need to quit each race session back to the game menu (don't just quit ACC from the race session) for the telemetry file to save.
    • You installed the Pro version of the MoTec application right?
    • If nothing is working, you can always try uninstalling and reinstalling the MoTec app if you haven't already.
    Good luck! Sorry I can't help more at the moment.
    Chris

chikiwaki likes this.
  20. chikiwaki

chikiwaki Rookie

Chris, thank you, I'll do all those things tomorrow, I've been playing ACC for 4 hours now and I am tired.
    Though,
    • I'll check that the laps in telemetry set remain even if I return to the Setup menus
    • I'll double check that the laps in telemetry set are saved onto my current setup
    • Yes, I did that, but no telemetry on the D:\Víctor M\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\MoTeC
    • i2 (x64) 1.1.4.0454 (Ari's link to download MoTeC)
    • After checking all your suggestions, if none works satisfactorily, I'll do this last bullet.
    I appreciate your help and suggestions and @CoproManiac ones too.
    I do really need to update my game, I'm 3 seconds of the top list, so I hope MoTeC helps me understanding the set-up options.
    Let's burn rubber