1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

No crash for me. But even before 6.0, it's was very rare.

2. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

3. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Here was your 2nd post as described after my response to your requested elaboration -

"The aspect ratio in his screenshot is fine. The Nissan logo is round, the rain light square. If there's anything looking off to the edges of the screen or in the distance I presume it would be related to FoV. "
    (Dismissive of the observation being discussed / blindly defensive without any fair assessment I thought)

"This faintly reminds me of people trying to prove that AC cars had the wrong scale... "
    (Somewhat condescending I thought)

Yes I read the initial quote and fully understood, however you misquoted me as having said part of it.

"As I said, make a thread about it (if no one has yet) - help getting it fixed or clarified how to adjust your view. If not, then that's fine too. Don't know where you're getting from that I'm having an argument with you."

The following was the response after my discourse with others which lead me to believe you were argumentative -
    "If you think this is an important issue (and not related to FoV) then why have you not associated your Steam account and opened a thread about it? And if possible with describing the issue with something other than "looking arcade-like", which is meaningless."
    (Asking a rhetorical question about my intentions which again you had misunderstood anyway, then either misquoting me or having a dig at R1limited for a "meaningless" description. After a constructive conversation which had been completed with others, this all seemed unnecessary and therefore only argumentative to me).

I think that covers your three queries without addressing your fresh incorrect assertion of my not reading properly. I don't mean to argue with you but I think your approach requires further consideration.
    I accept that pointing out what I saw wrong with your responses may have been uncalled for also.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Winston likes this.
  4. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

I've done a couple of races on Kunos official servers this evening, Monza in the dry and Missano in the wet. Don't think I saw anyone purposely being an idiot and even saw drivers who'd gone off waiting for the track to clear before rejoining :) And I didn't see any weirdness with cars lagging or crabbing around corners etc.... When the rest of the features get implemented - happy days!

P.S. the wet race at Missano was especially fun. You can really slide these cars around in the wet and the TC/SC systems are so advanced that you have to really be taking liberties before you'll spin out.

5. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Hi PLebre, yes this concluded the discussion for me thanks again to garyjpeterson;

6. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Is it normal for the ferrari,or the Lamborghini to be as fast as the nissan or the bmw in a straight line? is there a way to know the strengths and weaknesses of each car?

7. Adastros

Adastros Racer

double sorry

8. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I think the BMW has OP acceleration, I had a online race at Nurburgring in the GTR, he came round the last corner behind me and he pulled past me to about a car length ahead before the braking (He didnt have slip stream because he was too close and pulled out early) and I didnt make a mistake on the exit, so I duno would like to hear other peoples thoughts.

Edit: Quite a good example

9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

The good news is that a reinstall has seemingly fixed my performance problems. I’m back at the same level of performance as I was in 0.5.

The bad news is that I can’t reassign any of my controls. I have a Mclaren Fanatec wheel and there is a preset for it. Before I was able to assign brake bias etc to the various switches on the wheel but now I cannot.

Sigh. Love this sim, and appreciate that it’s EA but it’s one step forward and one step back. Any ideas please?

alec benfield likes this.
  10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Not sure if same but when I click advanced it just hanged when trying to map so restarted and just clicked clear and then in the area other then advanced and hit button to map and worked. Another I ran into is when a button is already mapped and wouldn’t overide it so needed to find what wheel button it was using and cleared it and then mapped it like above.

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Same here , I had 2 or 3 instances where the sky suddenly went black and my car was like hit by lightning , bam!:eek:

Raklödder likes this.
  12. Keithb23

Keithb23 Rookie

Really frustrated with the AI at Monza quick race. I would work my way up the pack and then get punted at the first chicane after start/finish. AI are extremely slow through there. I had aggressiveness set at 75% and skill at 85%. I'll try with higher/lower skill/aggressiveness levels to see if that makes a difference. I lost track of how many times I would out-brake the AI into the first chicane and then get turned around half way through the turn from someone behind. :mad:

Like many others I am loving the Nissan 2018! Great work!:) Question about the different displays available for the in-car dash of the 2018 Nissan GTR3, should there not be a race mode? I see practice and qualifying modes, but no race mode?

I was getting between 70-100 fps on my rig with 27 opponents and everything at high or ultra. I have an i7, 32 GB ram, GTX 1070 6 GB running an Acer Predator 32 inch ultrawide monitor at 2560 x 1080. I will try the delete and reinstall to see if that makes a difference in single player.

Keep up the great work Kunos!!!:D

13. 0.6.3? Guys have some sleep stop working :p

D.Jankovic likes this.
  14. Seth C.

Seth C. Gamer

Yep.

Ace Pumpkin and Coanda like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'm glad the 11% debate over vehicle scaling has come to an end. Kunos are professionals, not amateurs!

[​IMG]

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I got to give a spin to the Lambo now.. i did have massive issues with it sliding all the time since latest update, maybe this aero fix will sort it out.

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  17. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I suggested at the time that the original poster had a point and that although I didn't believe the cars or track were incorrectly proportioned, the mere sugestion that something didn't llook quite right was dismissed out of hand. I thimk the portrait images prove there is a lot more to it than just size

18. Balroque

Balroque Rookie

issue with tree and car texture after 0.6.2 or 0.6.3
    Have to go to video settings and adjust opponents visibility to 1 and then back to all, sometimes even this won't help

Attached Files:

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What are your GPU specs? Looks like your out of memory.

20. what @Coanda said.. plus, can you also check your video settings and report what you have?