1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CPU Usage Warning

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Eric D, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Eric D

Eric D Rookie

Since the 0.6.2 patch I downloaded this morning I'm constantly getting a "warning: CPU usage at 99%" flashing across the top of my screen. I know I don't have the best computer, but that message is super annoying. Is there a way to turn it off?

NoooN, Jacobs and tositatu like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU usage at 99% when playing Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL DD - Warning: CPU Usage > 99% Mar 20, 2022
    ACC User Interface Warning CPU usage message when leaving pits Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 99% CPU usage since last update Oct 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU Usage warning ONLY when Speedlink DRIFI O.Z. is used [subpar CPU & potential driver issue] Jun 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione CPU usage problem May 7, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server - CPU usage explained Jan 31, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU Usage 99% without FFB Wheel Sep 5, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU Usage 99% Aug 15, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC heavy CPU usage after update 1.5 Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer High CPU Usage with BIG (40+) MP Grids May 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU usage warning at Paul Ricard pits Sep 29, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server - Excessive CPU Usage (stable 1.0.7) Aug 9, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Abnormally high CPU usage Jul 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Optimisation for less CPU usage! Jun 4, 2019

3. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Lower your settings or play with fewer AI opponents. It is a message to alert you that your PC is not good enough for the settings you are using.

Andrex and Alistair McKinley like this.
  4. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Not the best solution to be honest. I can manage to have 80+fps after race start and that message is still flashing. Isn't that enough?

Arpadian and tositatu like this.
  5. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

It might be a good idea to have the option to either turn it off or make it less obtrusive. I can have a perfectly playable session at 60 fps with admittedly high CPU usage, but the warning message constantly appears to the point where it becomes a distraction.

Arpadian and tositatu like this.
  6. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

happens on MP with full server or with few cars

and i get 50-60 fps during the race without stuttering, silk smooth with all settings on high and foliage on low
    FX 6300 / GTX 950 amp

@edit
    To test your solution, even lowering the settings everything to low and 1280x720 the message still flashes

7. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I like this new message because I have a very weak CPU.
    For me it's the perfect indicator when to reduce AI opponents.

@Arpadian : Which CPU do you have? I have an i5-3550 3.3 Ghz (It's only just enough to play ACC. :) )
    I can race with 12 AI opponents without CPU warning (good weather/day).
    If I race with 16 AI opponents I get the warning some times and if I race with more than 18 AI opponents I get the warning constantly.

8. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

i posted my rig above your post and i don't play with AI, i don't like it, i bought ACC for the MP only, even on AC didn't even play the "career" mode
    but testing the AI, i can race with 10 before getting the warning still this shouldn't happen on MP since the CPU doesn't have to calculate 10 AI witch is very heavy cpu usage

9. yes it is very unusual if it happens in MP. How about SP alone on the track? Do you see the warning as well?
    Can you post your logs so we can have a look?

EDIT: also the steering wheel model pls.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I suggest you place your pc specs in your signature.

11. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I'm sorry - I somehow overlooked it.
    I just found out that your CPU is from Q4 2012. Maybe it's getting too old - like mine. :-(
    But it's great that Stefano want to take a look at your logs. Hopefully, he finds something that can help you.

12. saurohd

saurohd Racer

same issue, before the last version did not happen. Now with lower settings I always have the warning

13. that's because the warning was added in this version. Before you had the slow motion but you did not notice, and that's why having the warning is so important.

14. Gary Munson

Gary Munson Racer

yes, I also have this warning since the small update, i5 7600K 1080Ti GPU ...settings on high, also micro stutters now, same graphics settings prior to the update with around 19 AI ....now I have these symptoms

15. reduce AI cars and it should go away

16. trutya

trutya Simracer

and the fun also goes away :)
    i have it too, but i got used to it and don't look at it :p

17. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Is this CPU Usage Warning visible in VR? As I don't see it when I get my Stutters.

18. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Or try reducing opponent visibility.

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Will that help? The CPU surely still has to calculate what the AI is doing, even if the GPU isn't rendering them?

20. nope, it won't help. The message is all about the physics.. physics is still calculated even if you don't see them :)

21. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Right now AI ammount is raised to 30 i belive.. First try the update with previous AI ammount witch was 20 and see the performance and then increase untill you notice problem :)