1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I see the release of Brainwarp for the Pimax is happening now. Will be interesting to hear impressions.

2. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

If there was a wireless kit for Pimax I'd place an order right now.

3. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Just a heads up , I had been having issues trying to get 90 FPS with my i7-6700 and 1060 3Gb card.

I updated to a RTX 2060 card at the weekend and was still having the same issues in AC (made a big boost to FPS in ACC and PCars2 though)

I started messing around and disabled the Substanding and ProTyres apps which caused it to instantly jump up to 90 FPS with the same video settings. (still running sidekick ,delta, SOL , Custom shader)
    I was then able to add medium shadows/reflections/PP and increase SS to 1.4 still keep the 90 FPS in an offline race with AI.

I need to do some more testing to see how much I can push the settings for both offline/online on different tracks and see what race position app I can run but for anybody that's struggling to get 90FPS with decent hardware I would suggest disabling apps that you are running as a test..

Cote Dazur and paul_wev like this.
  4. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Im getting 45 fps now, on my own, with PP disabled.....whats going on, there was a windows update?

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

If you are using Shader Mod, enable fonts optimization, that will help with apps rendering in VR, they smoke CPU otherwise.

6. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Cheers Andrew_WOT , Yeah I'm using the shader mod, will have a look around for this setting .

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

upload_2019-2-13_10-29-13.png

Kaktus10 and boabmatic like this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Is there any way to increase the FOV and brightness of the mirror when racing in VR? When recording some racing the view position looks too far forward and it always looks a lot darker than it did in VR. I guess I could increase brightness afterwards but I would much rather just make the mirror brighter. It would look nicer with a higher FOV also IMO, at the moment I'm having to temporarily move the driver seat backwards so there is some of the dash in view.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

If any USA HTC Vive Pro users could tell me the voltage ratings of the power adapter that would be great. I plan to import one from the US however I first want to make sure it will be ok. Where I live its 220~240v @ 50hz.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Any HTC vive pro users? How would the image quality compare to a 1080p monitor?

11. kosh

kosh Racer

Does anyone know , if AC will work with the rift s?

12. Wizzard 1969

Wizzard 1969 Gamer

Good question

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

yes. it will.

14. almarm

almarm Racer

How many cars are you able to add before loose the 90 fps?

Thanks.

15. Authense

Authense Gamer

I have done a major system update. With that I can run SOL PP, shader patch, AC all max settings, 20 cars on the grid and get 90 FPS all the way. It is amazing, how much faster the combination of i9900k with RTX 2080ti is over my previous i7700k with 1080ti.

16. Authense

Authense Gamer

When I run AC (or any game) on my 4K TV, I get a crystal clear image in ultra settings with 200-400 FPS. But since I have been using VR for over a year now, I find 2D boring and I am significantly slower. VR is all about immersion and that is unbeatable if you ask me. So, based on my experience and the option to compare gaming on a 4K TV, VR is better than any monitor...

jaxx_za, Cote Dazur and paul_wev like this.
  17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Your sig, it's i9-9900K, not i7.

18. Authense

Authense Gamer

well spotted:rolleyes:

19. Authense

Authense Gamer

Been there, done that. It is SOL or any PP filter with any GPU lower than RTX 2080ti. SOL is fantastic but it puts a huge toll on FPS. My previous 1080ti wasn't able to deal with that either. If you are not all about open wheelers like myself I understand why you want SOL though, at least for brake lights.

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's CPU mostly, 1080Ti handles SOL and CSP just fine. Used to be a problem but Ilja and gang done a hell of a job optimizing it.
    Odyssey+, pretty much everything on max, MIPMAP LOD BIAS -1, and SS 210%. 90fps all way through.
    This is with i9-9900K @5GHz, before that it was i7-5930K and that was quite a struggle to keep up.
    Did you have issues with i9-9900k and 1080Ti, or CPU was different?

BTW, why roll eyes?