1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Others have posted videos detailing this in past patches since the AI were released, but I shall endeavour to do it myself for this update, hopefully this weekend, I'll tag you, thanks :)

stefanoCasillo and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  2. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I tend to agree. I think the AI is actually quite superb, if you dont drive like a total kamakaze and think a bit like if you were in a real car.
    In my opinion, the AI is better than RLI (real-life-intelligence you might see in some multiplayer servers...)

But... i still find the famous 'pit manoever' occurring. Even if it is me that was overly agressive, there's still this thing where the AI behind you seems to keep it's nose on the rear of your car, and continue to push you and you cannot really get out of it. It's not a bump that then unsettles the rear of your car. Its like a continuous contact where they keep pushing your rear end sideways. I would think that even in a situation like that, the AI might make contact, but then brake or back off, or steer away from you, or something.

stefanoCasillo and dek like this.
  3. yep.. still happens but still too rarely to allow me to do real work with it.

AurusCE, GRFOCO and Atak_Kat like this.
  4. Balroque

Balroque Rookie

GOT IT! I had to accidentally change settings in advance "Foliage Lod Quality"! at same time as new patch was coming OMG I reinstalled windows with Macrium twice and completely deleted and reinstalled ACC once

Thanks Coanda and Kunos :)

Coanda likes this.
  5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Do you guys never sleep? I was surprised to see that I had received a 3rd hotfix this week! However I'm still not seeing any release notes, but no matter, the day is still young.

carlossanchez97 and dodge33cymru like this.
  6. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

As someone already mentioned can´t see any MP servers since 0.6.3 .

Something went wrong with latest update?

7. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

Check the server status in the according forum post. They are working on the server.

8. trutya

trutya Simracer

i guess it's under restorement.
    my ratings are now all 23- even if i didn't unlock :D, and can't connect

9. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Speaking for myself I can say I don‘t see the slightest problem with singleplayer collisions. Have done many races vs AI recently including several door to door or hood to tail fights and there wasn‘t even one moment that I thought „damn how unrealistic“.

And now back to racing! :)

anthony galmiche likes this.
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Do we still have working pitstops?? I've been in during a race when pits open and all I get is locked control message and thats it.

11. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Where did you find the changelog?

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Endurance races and pit stop disabled since 0.6 untill they work it out with penalities and other stuff

Read me file in ACC instal folder

Gopher04, Madsen and carlossanchez97 like this.
  13. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks ;)

14. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Anyone else find themselves diqualified for "unsportman like behaviour"?

First time I didnt even read the message, but thought it was some kind of bug that teleported me back to the garage. This time around I was on the outside of the exit of parabolica with a Jaguar on the inside. He had fishtailed so he had a bad entry, but still made the exit where I took the outside line. There was no touching involved and no blocking either.

Maybe the point system simply needs fine-tuning since we're still in EA...? I really cant think of anything that would warrant a warning or DQ in either of these two situations.

15. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

- Fixed windshield water effects turning off with LOW and MED Effects settings.
    - Fixed EF Jaguar G3 missing hydraulic compressor sound.
    - Lamborghini Huracán GT3 aero correction.
    - Fixed "locked controls" message invisible in VR.
    - Fixed missing pause mode in shared memory causing unwanted shaking in motion rigs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2019
    MK_BrainKiller and Raklödder like this.
  16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I keep forgetting there's a changelog in the game directory, but I'm glad they fixed the effect settings, because I much rather have those 10fps and keep the rain on my windshield.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2019
    sissydriver likes this.
  17. tw1st

tw1st Racer

What was wrong exactly?

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, awesome! I never saw this issue commented by the devs so i thought it's as designed. Having windshield rain with low and medium effects settings will be great for FPS performance! I have it on high but will try medium and check for visual and FPS difference.

19. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

I finaly just found time to try ACC 0.63 in VR, and i have to say, i´m surprised in a very positiv way. with some tweaking it´s even possible to race with 25 Opoonents in night and rain. (tried a quick race on nuerburgring). I admit, i didn´t think that this would be possible. I upgraded my system to a 8-core 9700k @5 GHz and i have to say, that a ACC seems to make very good use of it.
    First starts looked terrible, until i found out, that "mid" antialiasing is enough for my monitor, but not for the oculus. once i set it to epic, flickering was almost completely gone. Of course i dialed down the mirrors. Pixel density is at 140% at the moment, will try a little bit later, as i practiced at 180% before, and that looked as good as it gets with the CV1.

Respect to kunos, 0.6 is a huge step forward and feels very right.

rpm likes this.
  20. rpm

rpm Racer

You can see by the numbers on the servers, 0.6.x is clearly a huge success. There is some serious fun to be had. Magnificent progress. It was worth the wait.

Karolinis and elchshooter like this.