1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic TS-PC VS CSL ELITE

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Ciccina2016, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Hello

I have been thinking to buy one of these steering wheels
    I really like CSL elite but I am a little bit worried about the rattling noise.
    I own a G29 and I really would like a less noisy wheel.
    What is your experience on that?

Also the FFB strenght between the 2 is similar or is the CSL so ahead of TS-PC ?

My idea would be to buy TS-PC and mount it on a wheel stand pro and the Fanatec Brake LC unless the rattling of the CSL elite has been fixed.

@jaxx_za your input would be great.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions TS-PC Racer or CSL Elite wheel? Jan 5, 2017
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Bug with TS-PC Racer advanced mode Jul 28, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No rev leds with Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari 488 in version 1.8 [Resolved by Advanced Mode] Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Using thrustmaster ts-pc wheel with logitech G27 pedal (not wheel) Jan 10, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TS-PC or Fanatec Wheelbase 2.5 Jun 13, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC crashes at start with 2 wheels plugged in (TM TS-PC + Fanatec DD1) Apr 29, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does Heusinkveld pedal Pro/2 Pedal and Thrustmaster TS-PC works with Wheel Stand Pro? Jan 8, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TS-PC racer set up Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TS-PC Racer Ferrari Led Lights to bright Aug 10, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with Fanatec Pedals? Jul 25, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TS-PC wheel FFB feedback Jun 17, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TS-PC Ferrari 488 LEDs work in "Normal" mode but not in "Advanced" Mode Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TM TS-PC not recognized May 31, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T300RS with Open Wheel from TS-PC Racer Apr 6, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Problem Brake TS-PC Apr 1, 2019

3. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Hi Ciccina2016,
    I think the sound you hear is unique to the CSL Elite XBOX
    I have a csl compatible PS4 is I can assure you that it does
    no nasty noise.
    I find it very well, remember that it does not use the same technology of force feedback, to have tested both, compatible (XBOX and PS4) I find the PS4 widely above
    XBOX.
    After I have never tested the TS-PC but I can assure you that it is a very good steering wheel.
    the choice you belong to one as the other you will explode !!!

4. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

PS4 version is noisy too. There is an option in the wheel base settings though called FEI which they introduced to help keep the noises down but it also kind of numbs the ffb feeling if used.

5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Is it not depending also on thr game? For example is the rattling strong in Ac and ACC?

6. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

No idea how it is in acc, dont have that wheelbase anymore. Also the rattling wasnt really a problem for me as I use headphones pretty much always when driving but definitely can be for some.. :)

7. anthony galmiche

and it's been 18 months now that I have my CSL PS4 and I never heard any noise and even with the EIF at 80 I do not hear much, as always in this kind of debate there is for and others against.

and the EIF has nothing to do with noise it's a general effects amplifier (sen, ff, for ...)

good flying not too expensive

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  8. I read a lot of reviews and watched a few reviews on YouTube, I ended up buying a a TS-PC racer and I am very pleased with it, I think that the Fanatec has better add on wheels, but again I really like the formula style wheel with the ts-pc racer, I play in VR so I am not concerned about how it looks but how it feels. The thing that decided it for me was that I saw at least one YouTube video that I think mentioned the Fanatec wheel being strange at centre, it was Inside sim racing, a well known review site, but I am sure that either wheel would be a great update from the Logitech. I also use the Fanatec CSL Elite lc pedals, good pedals for the money.

9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

ok.. i will buy both..

10. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Those 2 seem very close in terms of overall FFB.

Deciding factor in this case shifts to:
    Which one is cheaper?
    Do you intend to remain on "the family" of this brand?

11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

This looks really scary..

12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Also guys, I have just realized that the CSL has 2 versions ??
    One if for XBOX and the other is for PS4?
    My understanding is that the PS4 is a better evolution of the CSL elite XBOX.

So when it comes to compared it to TS-PC which version should we pick?
    I am very confused.

13. anthony galmiche

on the video you posted it is a CSL PS4 but in my opinion to make such a noise the EIF must be set very strong 80/100
    and the FFB too = ~ 100
    so it is obvious that rolling in the grass with a formula X
    and a strong EIF can only induce similar effects.
    it's a very smooth steering wheel with an FFB that can be very strong if it's set high.
    you can look at this to see the different steering wheel settings: https: //www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/561/finding-the-right-force-feedback-settings-on-ps4
    after as I said before, the choice belong to you,but this one is fine.

14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Thanks for the link dude..

15. aaaape

aaaape Racer

I've got a csw 2.5 and it will basically do the same thing If i have FEI set to 100. I usually keep it set to 70 or less.
    Also I owned the original TS-PC( which is PC only. the TS-XW supports xbox and pc ) I went through the same thing as you in deciding to go fanatec or ts-pc. I found the TC-PC F/GT style rim it comes with very uncomfortable for my hands after a while of driving so I got the 599xx evo. nice feel but it has alot of flex in it and i could always hear the plastic creaking while using it all the while I kept seeing the ads for fantec wheel rims lol. always envious( yes I had wheel envy :) ) so I broke down, sold the thrustmaster and got the fanatec. Love it and really glad I switched. so many amazing rims to choose from that choosing is the hardest part. Plus that fact that I couldn't buy either of thrustmasters 2 best rims without buying another friggin entire wheelbase! thrustmaster just sucks like that... If your interested in fanatec at all just buy that, or else you will always wonder and wished you went with them like i did.

just an fyi though. stay away from the Mclaren Rim. it seems they are still having issues with up shifting ( it will intermittently not shift up or double shift) in some after a couple of weeks. i just had to return mine last month

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I will go for the TS-PC I think ,maybe I will take the 488 edition .
    I could not find anyone complaning about the rattling sound and youtuber as Javer and Ortner use it as main wheel. So I guess it is not so bad.

I use a wheel stand pro and by having that rattling sound , my entire room will vibrate and in UK floors are really ****. I can imagine downstairs complaning about it.

Yes, it seems like the FEI would reduce it but then you need to spend time on tweacking the FFB.

I just want something that I plug in and works.

the 2.5 would be another level but it costs much more.

17. aaaape

aaaape Racer

yeah hopefully it doesn't have the flex and creaking of the 599xx evo alcantara but other than the lights they look the same

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  18. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Actually Romain Monti uses the TS-PC? This is quite cool

Have you noticed the TS-PC advertisements all over the place within the game?

Subliminal messages here :)

19. aaaape

aaaape Racer

I notice those parts of the track don't perform as well as the fanatec ones