1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Update 0.6 - MP & Ratings Rebooted

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ah yes, I remember that one session I did 20387 years ago. I was very committed and managed to pull off 16,896 laps but it took a while. lolol.png

LeDude83, LeiF, Jack0 and 6 others like this.
  2. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

3. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Nice. True simracing veteran :D Anyway ratings are borked. In online racing i'm loosing 1 safety per lap no matter if i drive on my own or with other guys. Only way to gain it's racing AI. BTW. how much total rating to be promoted to silver etc.?

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Sa disabled in multiplayer in new 0.6.2

5. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

Hi all, on this screen, I just clic on Rating, return (echap) and clic on rating x4. every time something different :(recovery does not work
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Changelog stating that there WILL be ratings reset not that it's done.

Minolin and MathMilitary like this.
  7. hunt3r972

hunt3r972 Rookie

Can I know why I get safety penalty without touching anyone ? or when a f****** AI drives into my car ? if I should avoid any contact AI should be programmed to avoid doing it too ...

8. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

No, but if this happens I need to know. Once the MP is stable, my attention will turn to what is necessary to upgrade the MP in terms of gameplay, and the SA rating is a major part here.

I can assure you, it is programmed to avoid you. Actually I'd say most of the AI code is about handling humans :D
    Usually I ask for a video example, when it's posted 15 persons point out where the human mistake was

Dookie, tjr and MathMilitary like this.
  9. hunt3r972

hunt3r972 Rookie

Well maybe I'm the one doing the mistake when they drive into me ...

Yesterday I was in zolder and an accident happened in the second chicane (in solo playing). A traffic jam happened because an AI did an accident. I just waited and stopped my car. When I passed the accident I received SA penalty for touching 3 cars. I checked the replay and I didn't touch ANY car.

Minolin likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What does BWP stand for in the SA rating?

11. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...acc-rating-system-part-ii-long-version.51975/

"Secondly, the Safety Rating is implemented in a way to consider clean and good racing versus the number of incidents caused. I used to call this "accidents per opportunity to do so", which translates in "Trust" and "Online Behavioural Warning Points" (short OBWP, derived from the BWP used in the Blancpain GT series). You earn Trust while being in dangerous situations, close to other cars. The hotter the race action is, the more Trust drivers gain. It obviously peaks out if you drive bumper-tobumper or even side-by-side; but take care: you also need to have your car under control and must avoid accidents. You will gain gradually less Trust for less dangerous situations, and none when you are driving outside a certain range of other cars. This means you also rely on the basics: knowing the track is vital, you need consistency to stick with other cars, you need to have your car under control, and of course a certain race pace is required. Yes, this is exactly the order of the previous Ratings: TR, CN, CC, PC. You see how everything comes together here.

Contacts and accidents will score OBWPs, based on the severity of the outcome of a contact. Therefore you won't see Online Behavioural Warning Points for a short bump which doesn't even impair the other car, while the amount of OBWPs gradually increases for pushing the other car out of control, out of the track, into a different car and so on. Full points are assigned when the other car is going far off the track, spins out or crashes into another car.

The third aspect of the Safety Rating is that it is prepared to analyse accident situations. To be very clear up front: the core reason is not to distribute OBWPs according to guilt. The primary reason is to understand when the driver made a mistake and being able to give him appropriate feedback: what went wrong, what rule was violated, how to avoid such accidents. This is going to make for a better simracing experience for everyone, not just try to protect the good and experienced guys from getting too many points.

We do understand that it is frustrating to be "rewarded" with points for accidents where you are not considered guilty, but it is getting really complicated here. I will keep this short: the system is designed in a way that you will obviously have OBWPs even as a clean gentleman racer, I mean it is racing after all. If you are good, you will also have earned so much Trust that a few OBWPs won't hurt your Safety Rating, and it is entirely possible to have a 100% SA rating with significant OBWPs, if you also have earned significant Trust."

Freddie Seng and Coanda like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you. So there is no way to redeem yourself and lower the score overtime. I racked up 10+ points against the Ai in a handful of races and I consider myself a clean racer :(

13. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Hard come, easy go.
    Gained SA from 59 to 70 after several laps, then AI crashes and spun me and others crashed into me since I was a sitting duck on track in the middle of the turn with stalled engine. Then my SA went down to 65...not too funny I can assure you.
    I think that racing with AI can be really fun but I also think there should be more variables.
    Now the AI is way too much predictable. On Hungaroring for example I know that I have to pass them in turn one, and turn two. Than in turn 12. All cars - no matter what kinda model or who's the driver - does exactly the same mistakes going too slow in certain points of the track.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  14. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Are any of you getting a connection?

Is there here on the forum a SERVER STATUS info page we can check if the server is up and running?

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

16. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

As I understand it, it will be another rating reset coming soon? Only asking as I have a CC of 82 but PC is not unlocked for me?

D.Jankovic likes this.
  17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Do you by any chance have the rating option from the HUD options menu set to display CC?

18. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

I re-installed ACC this week due to HD problems. Never changed that option but you where right it was set to CC.

Thanks for reminding me about that option.....:)

19. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Thread has always been marked as working on it.. but you can check first post and see status.. and it is usually for the backend servers working or not.

So for example your hotlap does not register or you cant see any servers on the list.. as for the rankings and ui showing your sessions and it is bugged that is different problem

Atak_Kat and Oblit0r like this.