1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Straight line speed at Monza (MoTeC i2)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by JnJ | Rayleigh, Mar 9, 2019.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Hey guys,

I did a little experiment to see which car seemingly is the fastest on a straight line. Therefore I did 4 laps (including the outlap so I got 3 values) with every car at Monza with the aggressive setup and 15 liters of fuel with no fuel consumption and no tyre wear. Then I used MoTeC i2 to figure out my highest and highest average straight line speed. I chose my breaking point around the 150m sign and never did I over- nor undershoot significantly.
    These are the results:

First value: highest speed, second value = average highest speed of all 4 laps, both in km/h

• Lambo Huracan: 278,9; 278,8
    • Bentley: 271,1; 270,6
    • BMW M6: 274,3; 273,9
    • Ferrari 488: 271,6; 271,4
    • Jaguar: 278,9; 278,6
    • Nissan GT-R (old): 275,7; 275,3
    • Nissan GT-R (new): 275,0; 274,8

Now I'm interested in what you guys experienced concerning the straight line speed. How fast could you get at the Monza start/finish straight with which car with which setup and so on? :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [CSW 2.5] Wheel buzzing in straight lines [fanatec driver issue] Jul 28, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 Not going in a straight line Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Physics oscillating driving in a straight line Dec 18, 2019
    Console Lounge Straight line track May 31, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 918 Spyder: straight line braking Apr 28, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues 918 Spyder is probably too fast in straight line Feb 20, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues GT3 RS straight line performance Nov 23, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS straight line violent wobble Sep 4, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Fastest car you have ever created? (Straight Line) Jan 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Soft tyres overheating in straight lines in audi r8 lms ultra and scg 003c Jan 19, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues straight line bug Mar 22, 2014
    ACC Gameplay [Nords] AI weaves all over start finish straight. Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Please prevent going straight on Monza May 8, 2023
    ACC Physics Zero / extremely light FFB when driving straight ACC v1.9.0 Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Straightforward question about server creation Apr 15, 2023

3. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Would be interesting to compare curves of how speed increases. As I think some of the cars are more aerodynamically efficient and thus have more restricted engine. So at first some accelerate more rapidly but on top end flat out sooner

4. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Wow that’s interesting, thanks for doing the science. The difference between the Lambo and the Bentley is huge!

5. Keep in mind that the aggressive setups are far from ideal (while still being decent) and definitely too understeery. Those numbers can give an idea, but they might still hide the actual top speed of each car.

6. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I tried testing all of them in multiplayer, and the Ferrari and Bentley, kinda disappointed with Bentley really. What I didn't expect was to see the Lambo doing so well. I also thought the BMW had better top end because of how fast I felt it was, but maybe it has a very good acceleration instead.

7. Adastros

Adastros Racer

try the test on paul richard please

8. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

That was actually my intention. There are too many variables to exactly compare it. Thats why I asked for more experiences :)

I might do that ;)

9. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Great test and very interesting! Thank you for the work!

Have only one question: Why is the Huracan so incredibly fast on Monza while on Zolder it's so easy to overtake it?

10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Probably due to BoP

tw1st likes this.
  11. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Well Zolder's longest straight is a lot shorter than the one at Monza for one and additionally I think the pre-setup is also quite different.

The test also only shows the top speed and doesn't take into account acceleration in let's say gear 2-5. Maybe the Lambo excells in gear 6 but is kinda weak for gears 2-5 etc etc ;)

tw1st likes this.
  12. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Thanks for the answear guys!

13. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

And both tracks have different BOP afaik.

But I‘ve visited Zolder by myself last year and I explicitly asked for the quickest car on the straight line in Zolder. They told me the Grassers are the fastest in practice.

14. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Great numbers, would be interested to see the acceleration differences of the cars. :)

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The Lambo and the Audi have low drag and decent engine. They always manage to do quite high top speeds
    The "big cars" (Nissan, Bentley, BMW etc) have a very big frontal area and for that the BoP let them have more power. This way they manage to power through air and achieve decent to good top speeds.
    Some older cars that are lacking technical solutions, lower CoGs and downforce, are also allowed to have higher power, like the Jaguar. Great on a straight line, fun in the turns, but not that efficient in the end.
    Ferrari is a special case. It has very high downforce and very advanced chassis and suspension, so it had to be very penalized by the BOP. Very low power. Still the advanced aerodynamics let her accelerate slowly to a good top speed. It has high drag but manages to lower it after a certain speed... won't share details :D I've found an error in the Ferrari's Monza BoP which should be corrected in the next hotfix, so expect it to gain 3-4kmh, or so.

All in all, the numbers are 3-5kmh close to the real top speed of the cars in the Monza weekend. Considering the slipstream (those cars rarely gain more than 5kmh from slipstream) and the almost ideal temperature in that weekend (24°C ambient), I'd say we're pretty good :)

Arckeron, Robin_NL, Arlo and 21 others like this.
  16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

It's a girl. That is sweet^^

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    dajdosta likes this.
  17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Of course you are. ;)
    But in ACC the slipstream seems not to be that efficient yet.

18. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Yesterday I took Bentley for a spin in Monza MP. Felt slow so tried to minimize down force. With wing in the back on 0 I manage to get 272kph on speedo before braking. Btw, I brake a bit earlier than 150 mark, maybe less grip in MP, or maybe just trying to keep closer to the right in first corner for better exit.

Anyway, I tried to push for even less resistance by lowering the back of the car, but strangely lowering it showed to move the Aero balance back.. I wonder is it because less rake produces much less downforce in the front? @Aristotelis, is it supposed to be like that? :)

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hehehe in greek all cool car brands are female and unknown or less noble brands are neutral
    In italian, all cars are female

Well actually we might even be a bit too efficient to be honest. These cars don't really gain too much speed. They gain, but relatively modest gains.

Yes of course this is exactly what happens. Ride height is THE most important setup parameter to adjust the handling of the car. Always move 1 to 2 clicks at a time, without anything else. It can make tons of difference.

menos | M6, chksix and JnJ | Rayleigh like this.
  20. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

So the Bentley being kinda slow is actually correct, damn that's sad. It's not a car people usually pick, and being slow at straights is going to make it even worse lol. I was watching the last COTA race and the 2019 Bentey looks so much cooler, I hope it's good!

I think the slipstream could be changed a little bit. Right now once you get really close to the car ahead, you gain speed way too fast. It's not a bad thing because it promotes good battles(like Gran Turismo Sport). The slipstream effect could be reduced a little bit when really close to the car ahead, while increasing it slightly when you aren't so close but still in range. Maybe it would feel more natural?

21. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

But it is the way it is natural - the closer you are, the less drag you experience so your car accelerates faster.