1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CPU Usage Warning

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Eric D, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

tbh and with all due respect, is up to you ( kunos ), i would like to test it without mousetovjoy, but since i only drive with mouse steering and in game MS is still broken i cant

i do have a wheel but is a cheap one and doesn't work properly ( bad deadzone in the center ) i could try keyboard only

2. yes please... just to remove an element from the picture. It would really help.

Arpadian likes this.
  3. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

Done sir, keyboard only, still CPU warning with 15 ai+me

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I still can't get my head around why I get a 40-60 FPS hit in SP Sprint race when running 20 Ai compared to 10 Ai or a Practice session when my CPU is not maxed out (<60%), my ram memory is not maxed out, pagefile is fine and the Ai are off in the distance not even being rendered. My 1080ti GPU in all three scenarios always runs at 95-100% usage with plenty of vram left.

I have an open thread here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...s-drop-in-sprint-race-practice-session.55003/

My graphic settings have changed a little since then however the performance impact is still rather heavy. v0.6+ brought a little improvement in this scenario however it still can be a big FPS hit particularly in the lambo. I have done a fresh install after v0.6. I dont understand...

Current settings:- 120-140 FPS practice Nurburgring

20190309232244_1.jpg
    20190309232246_1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  5. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Done a few more testes today and got no warning messages or slowdowns at all, I really don't know what's up with this game sometimes lol.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

But my system isn't low spec.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  8. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I actually saw that CPU warning pop up for a moment during my full 24/24 player online race in the rain at Misano, but that was while I was recording and I know that I'm living on the edge (let's be honest) with my old i5-7600K.

However I will get one of those 7nm Ryzen CPUs when they arrive and in the meantime I will bump my poor 4.2GHz stock clocks to 4.7GHz (which is what I usually run) and the only reason why I went back to "stock" was to troubleshoot.

Stiggy Nugslitt likes this.
  9. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

I've been using a Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9ghz since they released, I game/stream on the one pc and its been absolutely rock solid for me, like yourself I'm looking forward to the next gen Ryzen as if it carries on like the original has then you'd thrown everything plus the kitchen sink at it and it'll ask for more!

Not personally run into any cpu usage warning myself, so I think I'll go hug those cores before firing up ACC after breakfast.

10. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

im getting a healthy use on all 12 threads of my ryzen 2600, certainly nice to see a game use a lot of threads

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Is it right that the Warning only considers the usage of the physics thread? I ran an initial test with 29 AI and my system performed quite well - 56 FPS AVG. The Warning popped up all the time, though. It kept popping up as I reduced the number of visible opponents to 5 but the AVG FPS went up to 70.

The reason for the FPS drop was NOT the GPU. In the first run, it was working at only 70 %. The rendering of the other cars caused the CPU to bottleneck the GPU.

I'll open a dedicated thread on this as it's not (directly) related to the CPU occupancy warning.

But I need to give another compliment...before 0.6 my system already went into 40 FPS regions with 20 AI. Now I could run 29 AI with 56 AVG FPS...at night with heavy rain. The CPU optimizations have really worked out, very well.

12. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

I fell the optimisation have come at the cost of graphic quality though, lots of shimmering and shadows drawing very late.

13. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

I thought I have a decent system but to play stutter free and get 60fps steady I have had to turn settings down and can only race against 9 AI. This confuses me as I see people getting fps in the 80’s, 90’s and even 120’s

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Rendering AI cars hits CPU a lot. This is a shame and shouldn't be the case IMO - physics taking a big toll on CPU is logical in a sim. But the fact that 9 AIs already cause your CPU to bottleneck because of rendering (!) is...well, very unfortunate for a sim. I really hope this can be improved.

It's important to understand that this is not a sim issue - it's just a graphics optimization issue that every game will have to deal with.

15. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

What is best to improve my system as I’m not very computer minded. Would an i7 processor make a big difference? Graphics cards are mega expensive for me

Thanks in adv
    Baz

16. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

I have the CPU warning message too. It almost dispears when I reduce the number of opponents to 14.

But 15 cars isn't great for a game focused on race instead of hot laps. :(

My PC is a i5 3570K, 8Go Ram, Geforce GTX 970 4Go. With how many cars should I be able to play. Would adding more memory allow me to race against more cars?

17. ram won't do much I am afriad, the problem is really the CPU.
    But the fight is not over yet.. we finally steered ACC in the right direction with 0.6 regarding the stability of the software which frees up some time to look into performance optimizations.

18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

What I did to have 70-80 fps (with sometimes dips in the high 50s) and race with about 25 AI in the rain, is lower down my resolution to 1600x900. This way I can put some settings to Epic, which makes the game look even better than I could run on 1920x1080.
    I will do a race and record it so I can show you. My hardware is below yours, aside from RAM maybe. I run an i7 4770k with a gtx770 and 16 gigs of 1333mhz ram.

19. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

I have Acc installed into a pc and a laptop.
    The pc has a very capable Cpu i7 8700..at has no problem whatsoever to move Acc update after update. Not even 49% of use (I check it with fps in vr).the problem is the Gpu. Gtx 1070 can not deliver more than 45 fps settings med-high ppd 160 20 ai cars..in Vr,,(97% use)...but quite stable fps since last update.
    A friend of mine has same cpu but a gtx 1080 and has similar r results.
    However the laptop has a weak i3 /gtx 850 and since last update I see the message /warning regarding cpu..and no improvement in performance (of course not vr) with settings medium all.probably due to the CPU shortage.
    (All equipo have 16 gb ram) that apparently makes no difference...
    What makes me think that Acc is too demanding both for CPU and GPU..probably more than expected from Kunos..
    Rgds

20. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

Thanks for the answer.

Changing my CPU may be very expensive if I also have to change the motherboard and the memory.

Good luck for the optimizations! ;)