1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CPU Usage Warning

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Eric D, Mar 8, 2019.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Maxing out RAM speed of even buying faster RAM will probably help. 8GB is enough, though.

2. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

KUNOS : Could you not use the GPU to perform physics Calculations rather than the CPU, for instance using the internal cpu graphics processor on many cpus ?? that is usually redundant, when an additional card has been added, or even allow the addition of a cheaper GPU just for physics calculations ?

3. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

That would be great

Many thanks
    Baz

4. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Another question

When I run a 10 car race I pretty much get 60fps (only dips to 58/59 for milliseconds) but my FPS counter never goes above 60. I have in game frame limit off but is there a steam setting somewhere that is limiting the FPS? I have no start up commands set in steam that I can see

Thanks in advance
    Baz

5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Apologies for maybe a silly question, but is you monitor 60Htz? That will set the limit. Alternatively it could be limited in Nvidia's software on your machine.

6. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

Disable Vsync from in game
    and if you have tearing problem use Fast Vsync from Nvidia control panel

LATE4APEX likes this.
  7. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Thanks for replies I will try that

Arpadian likes this.
  8. I don't think different RAM helps at all.
    Last year before changing CPU since I had spare RAM i tried to increase to 16GB with better clocks and timing. Not improved at all

And I know the wallet pain changing the whole CPU RAM and mobo, but it was definitely worth after 9 years :D

9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

23 AI, 98% aggro and ability.
    Don't pay much attention to FPS on the first lap, framerate is pretty low because the AI is cramped up together. Will increase lap 2-ish, when AI spreads out.

Had to sacrifice some settings to maintain a 60/70+ framerate, but I'm quite happy with the result. Pretty sure you can increase a lot of settings, my videocard only has 2 gigs of VRAM.
    I will very occasionally get the CPU usage warning (although it's not my CPU that's at 99%, but my GPU).
    Lost a couple of frames due to recording. Also keep in mind that quality on YouTube is a little bit worse than when playing the game.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  10. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

@Akbalder faster RAM won't do you much if you're still being bottlenecked by your CPU, but in the meantime (while we wait) try lowering your mirror settings and AI count.

11. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Many thanks for doing this. Looks good. I will try tomorrow evening

Thanks again
    Baz

Oblit0r likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, it does - RAM speed in ACC makes a big difference. @f_deutsch showed it on an aged system (i5 2500 DDR3) and I reproduced it on a fairly modern system (i7 7600k DDR4).

You can read it up on this forum, I posted the link earlier in this thread.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Why do you just say that? Any sources?

IMO The RAM/CPU can be considered as a unit. When you increase the RAM speed, the unit will bottleneck less. So what you say is wrong.

I'm not just saying that - I actually tested it in ACC and I'm referring to those results, many times. So if you disagree, you should consider running some tests of your own instead of just claiming it.

f_deutsch likes this.
  14. Considering a ~5% gain in SOME scenarios is in fact a better results. But a gain of 1 FPS in the min fps in general use it is not an improvement at all
    Since you already did a good job testing it I don't need to refute you with others, I only had to read your results to have a confirmation

Should I advise a 8 years old CPU user to improve RAM size and clock?
    I'll answer yes, if a friend of their has a RAM leftover after changing component for FREE
    Having to spend money for that? Hell NO

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

First, the min. value isn't really the proper one to look for IMO but the AVG.

Second, if RAM upgrade is worth it depends entirely on how much his system will benefit from that change - you can't take my results and just copy/paste the numbers.

Instead of doing such "crystal ball assessment", the proper way to go would be for that user to downclock the RAM and see how much the performance depreciates. If he then decides that an upgrade might be worth a try, he could order 8 GB of very quick DDR3 RAM, which in my country costs about 50 €. At least here, it's no problem to return RAM after trying it so it's an investigation well worth the try.
    Put those 50 € into relation with an entire system upgrade of at least 500 €.

People just need to learn how to properly investigate and that investigation needs to take place directly on the target system. Results from other systems can give indication but shouldn't be used for black/white statements that, sadly, are so very popular.

f_deutsch likes this.
  16. flihp

flihp Racer

seeing the message as well, not too frequent but enough to distract, so i decided to run afterburner and recorded it and then screenshot when it happens, my cpu usage gets to around 70% but still get this message., the game runs fine for me with 23AI at the moment.
    cpu.JPG

Raklödder likes this.
  17. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I see it flashing all the time (Single Screen, have tried in VR but can't see it at all) but my CPU usage is nowhere near 100% and the each individual Core is nowhere near 100%, I'm not entirely sure why it Flashes then? Gameplay is smooth and good (Single Screen), no AI lagging or anything, it's more of a distraction so I'm guessing it's not working properly just yet...or if it is I hope there's a way to Turn Off the Warning in future!

alec benfield and tositatu like this.
  18. RWa

RWa Simracer

I have this cpu warning as well. But this is only after update to version 0.6.2 or 0.6.3. I had this not before with my current settings and number of AI cars (19 AI + me + 20 in total) Please have a look at my specs. Is my cpu the bottle neck? Yesterday it was there and later that day it was gone. Today it is very annoying. It is there very race.....grrrrrrr. I created this video yesterday and all went fine but now it is unplayable.

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hard to say if your CPU is bottleneck...it's a decent CPU and IMO should run ACC, well. "Well" is a matter of perspective: 19 AI isn't exactly peanuts. I get the warning occasionally starting from 21 AI.

I just think this message comes too soon?!? AFAIK it's tied to the PHY_LATE parameter and maybe more entries than now can be allowed before message pops up. Apparently, the sim seems to be running alright although the warning shows.