1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Update 0.6 - MP & Ratings Rebooted

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Minolin - A question regarding SA. I just joined a MP server at the Nurburgring which is 2hr+ FP1. It was great because I never driven on a rubbered track like that, there were no fools and I did a PB which was high 55's with gpad. Here I am extremely happy with myself however I am watching my SA rating go down from 50+ to 40's & now 27.. Why is that? I was minding my own business on the track lapping around by myself. Can you please explain it to me when you have 5 seconds to breath?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    manuel_rendo likes this.
  2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

the SA going down is a kind of known issue, which I can now attack (as we finally fixed the server bug).
    I can see that Trust is simply decaying, and there are two possibilities: Either a problem in the math, or it's because we still sit on bad data from the 0.6.0 relase (didn't find the timeslot to do the reset yet).

In a way I think it's the 2nd issue, as I did test the reset and I my trust seems stable - but that can also have a different cause. Pretty confident we can solve this via backend updates only, so not a huge priority for current builds

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

All good pal, thanks for the explanation ;)

4. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

My SA dropping a lot only when i drive alone,(Hot stint,Hot lap)when i drive quick race it seems to work pretty normally.

5. Hi @Minolin

the random weather stopped working on my server after version 0.6.3. Even using the manual version 0.6.3 hotfix did not work again.

Has it been turned off on purpose or is it bugged?

6. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

MP seems to be fine, but in SP I sometimes get the bottom message "collission with car #xx, both cars recieve a warning..." without touching this car at all. We had this bug before, but with v 0.4 or 0.5 I had the impression that this was fixed:oops:

7. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Look, it looks i like somethings with ratings are not working as intended. I have a 94 to 95 consistency rating and was stuck for multiple hours driving carefully and thoughtfully to improve the CC rating, nothing happened, stuck for 66 for hours with no logical reason.
    Its superb Kunos is incorporating all these things with a small development team, but rest assured the ratings are wrong.
    Every time i go to the ratings page, they change, for Pace , Safety , RC . Its almost a fact that for some reason, be it server side i guess, for some players the ratings dont change anymore, albeit because of some unknown origin or a bit too many game crashes as of laTe after 6.1. or 6.2 / 6.3.
    I know it maybe not a priority and i appreciate the effort to fix everything, but its almost certain the ratings somewhere in your system are very very off for some of your userbase. I can drive multiple times Paul Ricard 20 minutes special event races, which i finally got first in last night, but nothing changes at least not in CC.
    If i set the practice info screen on CC i visually can see im driving clean, but sinces the first 2 days after build 6, all stopped to change. Im sure u will find it out soon, much blessings and keep up the good work!

andrea.chiovato likes this.
  8. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Hi Minolin.
    My news feed told me you might now be able to work on the rating. I had no internet connection for the last three months.
    So to test my new provider i downloaded Acc again and wiped Ac2 and acc in docs. Fresh install on 0.6.3.

●What i noticed was, when i tried to get track medals on Nürburg, Monza, Zolder, Hungaro all worked nicely. (Paul Ricard untested)
    On Misano i did exactly the same controlled, clean stint but the game did see a cut in one of the last corners. Crew chief did not say anything other than:
    Well done, PB. But the TR 4/4laps kept resetting, so i got only two of three medals.

●Another thing i noticed was, under options/hud/rating practice info, when i selected "track competence" it showed only TR rating during special events.

●Under driver profile/rating/Safety:
    ...racing is much more about cooperation and respecting rules than you might think...
    Great choise of words, however i wondered how is the noob player supposed to know, what rules you are talking about.
    No, i wont stop asking for it. ;)

●You demand quite a bit from the noobs and you did a fine job of taking them by the hand and show them around in the simworld via you little rating messages and useful text in the rating tab! Useful and motivating, a little bit addictive, well done!

●It took some time to find out how to turn off the ghost car in hotlap, i expected to find the option under main menu/options/assists where the ideal line is listed. I mention it, only because it distracted me a bit from learning the new tracks.( I found myself following my ghost instead of scanning for reference points/ usefull markers. ) Maybe enable it after player has all track medals on that track?

I am very impressed by the game so far.
    Ffb, feeling while driving, performance, grafix options, audio, enormous feature list, rating, multi, ui, rain, night...something about this whole package makes it addictive to drive those GT3's and you know how much i drove them in AC.
    When you (KS) wrap it up at the end / filling the blanks (matchmaking) it will be a very strong competitor in the sim market.
    Dont forget to charge your batteries, all devs are posting here like there is no normal day/night cycle in your cave.

9. Minolin

Thanks, your words mean a lot to me. For everybody not knowing this guy with forum id 582 - meeting him in one of my very first AC multiplayer sessions was a tipping point in my simracing career - which even ended up to change my professional careeer.

Yap, and that's good like that. Though I have to admit this will take longer than both of us would like

!

Yep I fully understand how big the compliment is you hand out here. Thanks a lot, hope to see and race your potatoe from time to time.

I didn't understand any of those words, sry

10. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

^ He means you're all working 24/7 so don't forget to take a break every now and then!

11. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

I think what he was saying: You are working off your ***. Day and night.

Hagen, D.Jankovic and sissydriver like this.
  12. pons

pons Simracer

I think Minolin just forgot to add a smily ;)

sissydriver likes this.
  13. Minolin

no time for that!

And actually I thought you guys would understand me in the meantime :D

14. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

@Minolin , did u fix the ratings issue today? Its all working again on this side. :D Dunno what happened but im glad its fixed !

15. Minolin

Let me put it a bit more careful: I fixed the rating profile issue that lead to weird data, or sometimes even a crash. Looks good to me now, but for sure we need more testing and feedback here.

16. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Thats good to hear, i had alot of those fatal crashes when going in and out of the Ratings page. Ill keep an active eye on it and will post feedback on future findings. Thanks again! .

17. bullet800

bullet800 Gamer

My rating earned, but, hell, for three days SA rating was lowered because I was waiting for vipe and rammed bots))). Thank you! A time to gather stones)))

Raklödder likes this.
  18. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Is it possible to add additional profile to the game?
    My sister wants to try it but I don't want her to ruin my ratings.

19. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Ratings page looks alright now, ratings match whats shown in sessions and it didn't crash when trying to access the page over and over like before.

GroteBakkes and Minolin like this.
  20. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Yeah, rating is good now.
    My only problem is when I'm rammed and I have nothing to do with the incident, sometimes my SA is going down.
    And one wuestion?
    When will the rammers and blockers be banned?
    Currently the MP is pathetic because of some guys who is unfamiliar with blue flag and brake pedal.