1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Been playing the latest build for a few days now, mainly MP.
    When a race rolling starts would it be possible for this to be automatic acceleration/braking until the green light? Or even a 'rubber band' effect where we all keep a similar distance but never collide or drop too far back?
    I am getting sick of it being a multi pile up before the game has even begun.

Also (just venting my frustration here), just had a great qualify which saw me in pole position. The race started and I was wiped out on the first corner ending up about 12th.
    No problems I thought, will just work my way up the track. On the straight before the last bend (Monza) I was side by side with someone (me on the inside), just edging forward (I knew I could beat him due to closing the gap over the last lap or so), as I turned in he side swipes the back of my car sending me spinning.
    I got kicked for unsporting behaviour.

Another game I was mid pack and as the light went green I had a great start and easily caught the 2 cars up ahead of me straight away. As I drew level with them both, the one on the left veered into me, sending me spinning. This was on the start straight so no need to move over, he did it intentionally to crash me out.

I am seriously hoping that the system weeds these people out, although I cant play as much as some people so not sure how that will effect my ratings. I may have to just play in leagues with people I know otherwise, which is no good for a quick race or a shift worker like me as I wont always be around to play them.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Disqualified for unsporting behaviour Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Behaviour while being lapped Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Physics Porsche Cup curb behaviour V1.8.4 Dec 2, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Reserved slots behaviour Mar 18, 2021
    ACC User Interface Pit menu behaviour Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Snetterton Mixed AI - Back Straight Behaviour Feb 10, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting weird engine behaviour after "go to pit" Feb 2, 2021
    ACC Physics Negative wheel travel + weird behaviour Dec 18, 2020
    ACC Gameplay ACC 1.6.3 Ai behaviour Nov 28, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Endurance AI Pit behaviour bug Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyre behaviour discussion. Aug 31, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Do Thrustmaster control panel settings impact console behaviour? Jun 29, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Strange CC rating behaviour Jun 13, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Car's behaviour changing a lot after driver swap May 10, 2020
    ACC Physics Nissan GT-R turbo boost behaviour at Suzuka Mar 27, 2020

3. steevee

steevee Racer

Unfortunately you'll get these kinda of people in public servers.... Unavoidable really.... :(

4. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

As a server owner, it frustrates me massively that *currently* there's not much I can do apart from pw my servers and only allow who I can trust in if I want to guarantee a incident free start.

As for the start procedure, I think there should be three options that can be set server side...

1: Automatic (everything under games control till flag start)

2:semi-automatic (just distance between cars game controlled till flag drop)

3: manual (everything player controlled)

Now, with these as a server option, at least we could have a choice to ensure the starts could be clean.

Tagging @Minolin for his opinion..

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  5. steevee

steevee Racer

Thats a very good idea, and one I'd welcome as a league admin....

Son likes this.
  6. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I saw last night "Rating testing" servers, that had rating requirements. So I guess some help is coming :)

Serge M likes this.
  7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

The AI controlled formation start is how it is in GTSport and works very well, but then iRacing has the complete player controlled formation behind the safety car, I think the main problem is some people are still in the set up screen when you are suppose to pull away, so some cars just crash into the back or go around you so everyone is just everywhere, lol Sure there is a lot of fixes to improve this a lot but for now, multiplayer is working at its core, and its still early access.

8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Some good ideas here, but I don't think the safety rating should be used right now as it's still not working right, I mean the SA rating just goes down all the time unless your in a actual race, if your just testing or doing some lapping on your own it just goes down and down and down.

9. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

The problem with the safety rating and starts is that if I get rear ended and that pushes me into the car in front, do I get penalised as the game 'may' think I rear ended them rather than being pushed into them.
    I think the only way to do it is for it to be semi automatic where an equal distance is automatically kept between cars until the green light.

10. doamf

doamf Racer

Look at the bright side...if some kind of damage model would be implemented (you know...realism) the servers would be empty :)

Thug likes this.
  11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

The problem there is if you are pushed off the track and into a barrier or other car, your game may be over without it ever being your fault.

12. doamf

doamf Racer

hence empty ..:)

13. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

I truly hope the automatic system will be enough to weed out the bad actors, but I fear it won't be enough.

14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Not on public servers, as always the best racing will always be with private organized servers..

15. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Yeah, but if there is safety, and/or some other rating requirement, those certain types of people would not be there to rear end you at the first place. At least I hope so :)

16. doamf

doamf Racer

Personally, I like this sim very much and have to say that the MP sessions were a bit of a "rude awakening" having played for over 400 hours in SP mode. It required a different mind set and it took me about 10 MP sessions to acclimatize in that environment. I realized quickly that in order to enjoy the experience as much as possible, was to not get frustrated with every punt, dive, rear-end, kamikaze, noob actions out there. At least that enabled me to relax and just drive to the best of my abilities and when **** happens...…rinse and repeat. Fundamentally different from the "serene environment" of SP sessions, but a good addition to further trying to develop my driving skills including awareness and adaptability depending on scenario.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    JVI57, jaxx_za, Max Doubt and 4 others like this.
  17. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Apologies for the stupid question, but don't you guys have the ability to kick and ban players or has that yet to be implemented?

18. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Nope, we can log in as admin and that's pretty much it right now as far as server commands while it's running.

Raklödder likes this.
  19. doamf

doamf Racer

@Raklödder: referring to Pablo? You were quite "verbal" about it.:)

20. TDS

TDS Alien

Yes it will clean 99% of the rotten apples, like MR ratings did, but it will be even better, because you can filter people joining with three variables at once, medals, sa and rc. Its gonna be great.

chksix likes this.
  21. TDS

TDS Alien

Kicks and bans will come soon im sure... For now you have next session and restart session as an admin afaik.
    /admin pwd
    /next
    /restart