1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

ssssssssssssss

Florian Boswell likes this.
  2. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Porsche or riot?

3. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

This doesn't worry me at all. Of corse I would like to get a reliable 1.0 better today than tomorow. But I am very confident that Kunos will provide a more than decent result soon. And when it will take a few weeks more - so what. I don't seen anything compared to this on the market for the time being.

Look at the progress this sim has gone through the last few days (and I know that 0.5 wasn't a huge step forward and 0.6 should have been available a bit earlier). As I already said once, they are on track now and almost every day we got more and more improvements to look on.
    I just would like to get their next achievements day to day as well. I think then we wont have any discussions about roadmaps or deadlines any more in here.

Even if 1.0 will take until autumn - but I currently don't think it will...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  4. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

My guess would be they would want the full game out by the time the season starts which is April, but were see :) If it takes longer then nothing we can do.

carlossanchez97, Arlo and D.Jankovic like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Did something just happen to MP? All of a sudden no servers are showing in the list.

6. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

So, Wreckfest 2 has been released.
    Joined the official server #1 in Monza few minutes ago....well, was impossible to make 2 clear laps in a row during pratice and qualy, then started the race.....guess what appened in the first chicane after the race start......
    Really frustrating at the moment, i'll whait till the rating system will be working

7. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Guys, if you have some time, go watch this. It´s a "documentary film" about the 24h of Spa from last year.

https://www.insight.tv/video/staying-out-of-trouble

They are 3 videos and the first one is free. To watch the other 2, a suscription is necessary.

bgil66, nfsw55 and D.Jankovic like this.
  8. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

I've just come off this server and MP is a joke as it stands. I've spent the last couple of days finally giving ACC a shot and, although I'm not a fan of GT racing, I was pleasantly surprised by ACC...… until I decided to try MP. You gotta long way to go @Minolin.

Sadly the talk from the "wreckers" and plain idiots is that if they are restricted in MP they can just spend a bit of time grinding in SP before causing chaos again. I hope this isn't true.....

See you in V1.0.... maybe :(

9. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Your name suits here as it seems you overslept the fact that none of the safety ratings are implemented yet and they are working on it, so you can't expect anything other than public server madness from MP right now. See you in v 1.0.. maybe? :D

Rolz and jaxx_za like this.
  10. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Dear Minolin, as it stands right now (servers have no rating restriction and consiquently bad and clean drivers are all together) it would make sense to sort this out. Once it is done, you will be able to at least make some logical conclusions about personal ratings. If you don't do it then all data that you get from essentially "dirty" servers is next to useless. In my view above mentioned approach would divide your job in less complicated chunks.
    P.S. Thanks to all dev. team for your labour of love that ACC is. To all of us who is waiting, more patience. It is big and extremely complicated project and to make it right takes time, dedication and some Italian love flavour (no idea what that means, lol).

David Bertholom likes this.
  11. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yesterday in MP in Monza at the very start of the race I see some guys going intentionally left and right to push other cars off track... It ruins the race from the beginning.

Florian Boswell and luxxx797 like this.
  12. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

That's not fair, awesome first part and now I also want to see the remaining two:D

D.Jankovic likes this.
  13. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

14. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

It´s a shame because it´s a very good documentary film.

15. Sleeper Service

Hopefully not chump.

Your attitude seems to fit that of the plebs I'm talking about perfectly. It's not V1.0 yet so we'll just go out there and ruin it for those that actually have the right idea and there's no need to worry when V1.0 comes along as we can get around that quite easily.

I'm fully aware that the ratings aren't applied yet and I'm fully aware of what Minorating did for AC.

It'd be nice if the internets wasn't full of selfish pillocks……. :rolleyes:

Ignored

16. Yes, the MP is now better and we can really play !
    But there are lots of idiots... Could we have Safety restrictions ?
    I think it's now needed.
    Thanks a lot, Kunos for the great work ! AC is becoming what i hoped !!! Thanks so much !

mikendrix likes this.
  17. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

My attitude is just mirroring yours, buddy. :) I consider my self to be a clean racer and I always try to race clean. Of course I am not saying I never do mistakes, but I try to as best as I can. And I would wish for clean & fair racing in every server, but I understand that its early access, its not supposed to be perfect yet. I am glad that I can start the race without fatal crash and cars dropping from the sky. Yes, I get rammed, yes its sucks, but I just get on with it and that's it. Would I like to be fully working already? Of course!

I really don't understand the point of coming here and crying about the same thing over and over.. Do you really think "THATS IT, ITS PROBABLY HOW ITS GOING TO BE SO I NEED TO GO AND TELL DEVELOPERS WHAT TO ADD"? Its EARLY ACCESS, just chill and let it come. Say "its ****" after v1.0 hits. If you can't cope with things not being perfect, I suggest you wait for v1.1 or 1.2 at least. There's always something to iron out..

Freddie Seng, bondyboy, doamf and 4 others like this.
  18. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

will there be a possibility to add his Steam friends to go see in the leaderboard and be able to compare them?

19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just to be very clear: The requirement settings are there, but not active. I just demonstrated that - despite my usual stance of not talking about future things - the rating requirements for servers are considered fundamental.

"Ratings not implemented" is not entirely true; The TR rating (and it's medals per track) is working well, SA and RC are also in place. The list is long, but the immediate step (actually what I'm coding right now) is to introduce the concept of "rating requirement" and apply it to the Track Medals. Steps 3 and 4 are to turn back attention to the SA and RC ratings, iron out bugs so they can be easily added to the requirements. That may take a bit more time, but I'm confident that using the track medals alone will make a difference; looking back it should possibly equal to MR ABC servers: By far not perfect, but at significantly improving the chances to have some good times.

3/3 medals equals the ability to do 4 consecutive clean laps - no problem at all, but will for sure exclude what we used to know as W drivers. And that's only the beginning, but also please remember that this weekend our 0.6 release finally got into some good shape - the instant switch in topics and pushing for cleaner racing is both surprising and predictable :D

20. Sleeper Service

That's good to hear @Minolin, it's just a shame that the idea of going out racing doesn't seem to be as attractive as going out and causing havoc ;)