1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

As a matter of fact they are not. Here are the groups

BOP A : Monza
    BOP B: Paul Ricard, Spa, Barcelona (Spa might get an update after Paul Ricard race)
    BOP C: Nurburgring, Silverstone
    BOP D: Brands Hatch, Budapest, Misano, Zolder

Arlo, Freddie Seng, ivann_11 and 19 others like this.
  2. Makes a lot more sense, Monza and Barcalona seem quite opposite to me, aero setup at one certainly won't work too well at the other.

3. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

I wondered aswell but found my numbers in the offical SRO sporting regulations, apologies for the wrong information:oops:

trucidatio likes this.
  4. Aristotelis

No worries m8, probably some old categorization

nfsw55 likes this.
  5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Could I ask how the setups are arrived at?

The reason I ask is that I have the impression default setups in many other racing sims are randomly thrown together (based on how the handle). Seeing we have 'Safe' and 'Aggressive' setups they are clearly not just random settings.

6. Aristotelis

Since AC1 we always try to have the actual setups of the real cars. Road cars had their actual road car values in AC. Race cars have real race setups on most occasions.
    In ACC in particular they are based on their "base setup" of the manufacturer, taken from the actual technical manuals, or from race engineers setup sheets on each circuit.
    Whenever we can't have access on precise data, we will start from the base setup and try to get hints from the drivers and race engineers to create a "probable setup" for the car/track combination.

Certainly no "fantasy" with absurd numbers. What you see can be from "close to reality" to "spot on we use that".

EDIT: I could go as far to say that some setups for some real cars, have been tested on special dev versions of ACC and "worked" on the real track... but I won't say that because I can't bring proof neither I'm allowed to do so

Jebus, LeDude83, Arlo and 25 others like this.
  7. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

what a great job thank you very much

8. mms

mms Alien

I don't know what you mean by "offline mode", but in single player if you disable/disconnect your network the ratings do not update (at least some of them).

9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Okay, thanks.

That raises all sorts of questions about changing the defaults and then finding lap-time.

For instance:
    If I change the setup and reduce my lap-time have I inadvertently created an ultimately slower setup but one which I can drive more consistently?

This is rhetorical, just thinking out loud. :)

10. Aristotelis

As I said, those are either base tech manual setups, or race setups, or a close guess. There are different teams using the same car, and obviously they don't use the same setup. Also obviously I don't believe all teams gave us their beloved "best evah" setup to share with the world.

A couple of very important things you should know.
    - The setup must be shared with 3 drivers. It is usually the best compromise for all three
    - The setup is for the exact ambient/circuit conditions and should be adeguate if those conditions change a bit. Not for our always perfect hotlap world
    - The setup is for the car to start with full fuel load and do at least 1 hour stint. Qualifying is also done in the same way, the cars are loaded with fuel for 2 sessions of half an hour and are not allowed to refill... (this is VERY important and I don't know how many of you are aware. Also explains in part the around 1-1.5 second difference of laptimes between hotlap and real qual)
    - The setup must work with fresh tyres and consumed tyres.
    - The setup must go over kerbs without the risk of losing bits of splitters and diffusers everytime
    - We create a base car, but same car from different teams might have slight differences that we don't know

As you can see, there are many reasons of why you could feel better or worse with a different than default setup.
    Still, almost alien laptimes can be achieved with aggressive setups, so it's more in the driving style I guess

11. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

@Schnipp

12. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I know that Kunos is working overtime on million of features and fixes, but I picked up the game again after some months of "letting it grow" and I still have the same feeling of broken FFB with a G29, like it is half second delayed from what's actually happening, so self-align forces are meaningless since they are always late, same feeling of floating cars, of front wheels that behave more like a shoping cart than what I expect from a million dollar grip monster.

I tried all FFB settings in the world.

Just out of desperation I set 0% force feedback and... I can drive EXACTLY the same, from eyes and ears (instead of hands), and I guess it makes sense since FFB at the moment is giving me zero information.

No information of the car understerring.
    No information of the car oversteering.
    No information of the suspensions being loaded.
    No information of the car being upset after an aggresive curb.
    No information of anything, zero, nada, just "decoration", bumps, car speed, etc...

What's even the point of FFB in this game?

And don't tell me G29 has no torque enough to do proper self alignment, because Dirt Rally 1 and 2 would say hello.

I sincerely hope this game takes another year of development, because if it releases like it is now it will be DoA for anyone without a direct wheel, or maybe not even that.

I'm not mad, just a bit disappointed, and I wanted to share it, feel free to disagree.

Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  13. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Thank you Kunos for the hard work and for latest hotfix.

sissydriver likes this.
  14. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Also from my side a big applause to Kunos for the latest hotfix. AI is so much fun to race against now, they are really really challenging, keep trying to overtake, spin each other at times, and most importantly for me personally: they now keep a much closer pack from 1st place to last place during e.g. a 30 minutes race. There are the real life aliens like e.g. a Bortolotti or (if he would drive Blancpain series) a Fred Mako that also in ACC gain some margin over the rest, but the rest of the field keeps quite close together. Congrats guys!

sissydriver likes this.
  15. Pani De Pani

Pani De Pani Gamer

I use a g-27 and the ffb is very nice and can make very decent lap times with it.

pons, sissydriver and D.Jankovic like this.
  16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Sounds more like input lag issues or something like that. V-Sync on by any chance?

sissydriver and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  17. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

I'm surprised by what you said, but did you have to watch if your steering wheel was connected to an electrical outlet?_:D

sissydriver and Kopiller like this.
  18. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

No vsync, freesync in a 144hz monitor, g29 works perfectly in other games.

The problem is ACC, and by checking the world outside this forums ACC FFB seems to be "meh" for a significant amount of people.

But we can keep going as if it is not a problem, blaming users instead.

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Blaming? Why you feel so attacked? I'm just speculating what the issue might be in order to increase your enjoyment of this game...
    The reason why I asked it was because you said: " like it is half second delayed from what's actually happening"
    This makes it seem there's an issue on your end, not so much with the game.

LeDude83, mms, ▣ HiTzz and 4 others like this.
  20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Thats strange. Here best FFB in sim racing so far. I am with a T500 rs.

Jebus, jaxx_za, Son and 1 other person like this.