1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Here is my "hopefully" positive spin... I LOVE THIS SIM... for so many reasons. And, I am optimistic about the ongoing/upcoming changes. Just read what @Minolin and other Devs say.

In MP, I have experience the very high HIGHS and the very low lows. I mostly do not get upset anymore. I've decided, regardless of where I qualify to pull over very quickly at start of race, let everyone go... gently approach T1. Then, I see the fun in passing as many cars as possible through the race - don't really care my final finishing position. I'm just in the mode of "let's see if I can get this next guy". That is how I define and have fun right now - and it's pretty darn good considering how well the cars drive, sound, look, etc.

I'm being patient and enjoying each step of this journey. :)

pablito and R1-Limited like this.
  2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

While I have to admit that remaining calm and patient is hard... Let's see who has the laughs on the long run

Dookie, Arlo, manudouet and 5 others like this.
  3. kronosh17

kronosh17 Rookie

I love hearing these words!:p

4. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

On a serious note, I thought the rating system was supposed to quell the less talented until they qualify to run in the higher end races?
    I was understanding that the better your rating, car control, safety, etc all contribute to what you can join and cannot matching equal drivers?

Am I wrong or am I right and why is this occurring? Thinking more about this, this is probably why I was getting T-Boned in the starts of Monza and Paul Ricard.

those-bastards.jpg

alex bonner likes this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

Not fully implemented yet.

6. Minolin

Two different dimensions, actually 3 of them. You have performance ratings like PC, RC and CP, which tell how good you effectively are. Those would be (and actually are) used to match similar drivers.
    The other dimension is the safety rating SA - this tells how clean you are racing. While there is a strong correlation on the upper end (world class drivers usually have world class safety ratings), the low-profile drivers can either be slow but clean, or the worst troll wrecker on earth. (but also slow)
    ACC has a 3rd dimension in the driver ratings TR, CN, CC - those are more for yourself and won't find as much use in matching and server selection.

But if your question basically was "I thought the* rating system should take care of the clowns" - the systems are in place, but not yet linked to server restrictions.

*there is no "the rating system"

R. Iván, mms and Radfahrer like this.
  7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I didn't mean to come out as angry or anything (and know that the rating system is wip) and please, don't mind my exclamation marks. :oops:

I was thinking in terms of a kick/ban hotfix for server admins :p to deal with the problematic drivers, or maybe there's something preventing it?

8. Minolin

No no, it's myself who can't keep calm even reading about those guys. I totally understand why suddenly everyone is upset - those clowns indeed increase the blood pressure.

9. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I’m sure once the rating system kicks in, it will be alright.
    I’m currently racing in C in iRacing and its even nicer than in D, everyone has either got triple or VR or anyway track awareness and etiquette, and if someone makes a mistake they just apologise on the VoIP chat and all is well again.

10. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

There are plenty of single screen knobbers that understand giving a bit of room for racing. ;)

trutya likes this.
  11. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

Lol its just a running joke on the channel, if it was a proper race , proper qualifying, ranked i racing , SRS , league session or what have you then I don't park on the track.

Most of the time its because I have gone to get porridge or have been racing for 6+ hours for the 6th night in a row o_O or because a person has sent a crazy donation and I'm in shock lol.

As you pointed out If a game has no built-in consequence for something then people generally won't care, id welcome a penalty system that affects an equivalent of SR for sessions outside of practice.

I thought ACC was going to have matchmaking / some sort of hourly race system akin to iRacing ?

If ACC is simply going to have servers that limit who can join them based on there driver rating that will more likely than not be a total failure as it was in Project cars 2.

"Racing" simulators have to have something akin to iRacing , SRS and it needs to be promoted and pushed to the forefront of the given simulator so players are motivated to gain the prestige
    of being the highest rated player of that game , IE people get hooked on iRacing partly because they want to see there iRating increase and they want to keep there safety rating up.

Without that sort of iRacing or SRS and sense of structure / official races / clear E-Peen rating , casual people will just gravitate to public lobbies racing with friends and messing around and "serious" people will just gravitate to doing there own private hosted sessions.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwimXAAfAb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12zk4lt08d5fd

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    anthonylroy, warth0g, Thug and 3 others like this.
  12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Exactly what I posted on the second page of this thread and in some other thread months ago. Glad that a simracing "veteran" shares the same view. SRS-style mini leagues with points adding to a permanent ranking would be the real "daily" multiplayer, and we could leave public servers to driving schools, wreckers and whatnot. Of course there would also be the "big" e-sports events for the best of the best, but the SRS-style mini leagues should be the first step for serious simracing.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  13. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

So if there is no penalty is parking on the racing line something you will continue to do?

Racert46, Luis Branco and Kopiller like this.
  14. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Sometimes it’s really amazing to see how someone conceives the relation with other people just because they’re in their virtual world, in the “internet”.

To consider a running joke for the viewers of a youtube channel the disregard for the other persons interests, who happens to have the bad luck of being caught playing while there is a youtube transmission, is astounding.

But, hey, it’s youtube, the viewers must be entertained, after all.
    What does matter the other people if its the virtual world, just a game and its only a joke.

Skaven Zverov and Winston like this.
  15. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Am i the only one who drives with safe preset? :D I just can't drive JAG with agg setup, just impossible...For example, my PB on Monza is 1:48:8 and i can find probably around 0.5 secs less with perfect drive at every corner. Probably because my wheel suck, i can't drive aggressive ones, or my style is too aggressive for them... Oddly, my CC is only 20...and i am not wrecking or getting out from the tarmac that much. CN is 94.

tjr likes this.
  16. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Please, do something about those deliberate parking guys. Example, top 5 1st lap Monza, on 50-100 meters from entering parabolica, two guys reversed from start line and just parked there. Extremely annoying. deliberate crashers/wreckers and parkers should be punished as much as possible, so we can finally get the clean racing most of us want to have.

chksix likes this.
  17. Minolin

18. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I only use agg setup for quali sometimes, can get 0.2-1s quicker lap with it depending on track and conditions. Race always safe preset, because consistency is the key (can do laps with in 0.1-0.2s subsequently on safe). Maybe I have also a bit aggressive driving style, oversteer is big no no. That CC seems to fluctuate quite rapidly, with good laps it goes to 88-92, but on traffic with AI, can drop to ~75. If you are doing 48.8 at Monza, I think it should not be 20 :D

19. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

It is true, my PB is 48:8, and during race i am on 49:0 - 49:7 usually. Sometimes go under 49, slightly. But still, CC never gone over 30, maybe 40. CN is 94, RC is 71 i think :) I don't have much of a oversteer, couldn't control it while i used the base safe setup. I did tinker it a bit to suit my needs for consistent and fast laps. Just, on JAG, aggressive is too twitchy.

But again, i have horrible wheel ( some old Formula Force Ex ), so i guess it is time to upgrade it :D

20. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer