1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Worst MP experience ever - turns out it's not.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by toold, Mar 13, 2019.

1. toold

toold Gamer

IMHO it's not worth to use MP. The official servers are full of wreckers, who ram you out at the corners on purpose. Till there isn't an admin function like in AC, where you can kick and ban, or there are systems in function like kmr, the MP is no fun to drive. The driving behaviour feature like minorating isn't enough. We need the chance to keep wreckers away from our servers.
    I know it's early stage, so I hope this will be become better over the time.

DiRTMark likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are Bentley Drivers the worst? May 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Favourite & Worst track Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer SA is worst/better than ever before Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars V.1 worst graphic, more ram Jun 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Best and worst looking race tracks maps Nov 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Worst problem of every online game ? Oct 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room His 12 best cars, his 6 worst cars Dec 17, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Worst Optimization in this 1.9.1 Oct 27, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mercedes AMG GT3 still the worst GT3 car! Apr 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Worst racing game you've recently bought? May 26, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues The worst ai Feb 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Worst game with the worst site ever Sep 5, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Best and worst FFB per car Apr 22, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Drive for Experience | Leaderboards & Ranking Aug 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone have experienced the same glitch? Apr 27, 2022

3. When you avoid the Monza servers you can have a lot of fun in ACC mp already imo.
    Just go for Zolder, Misano in the rain or Nürbrugring in the rain.

Timberwind likes this.
  4. Balamacab

Balamacab Rookie

Hello,
    Totaly agree whit you, some nights ago decide to play some MPand was awfull... ther was not one single rolling start where drivers start wrecking each other. ther are no rules in place. Players take shortcuts and the gama allow them to continue breaking havoc
    Like the inclusion of the radar, I hope is not optional but could be forced for some events.

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Rent your own server lock it down and have time of your life. Easy

Edit:
    realise that whole game is WORK IN PROGRES ,Early Access. Is that so hard to get? Ranking does not work right now..if you dont like multiplayer like i said above..rent a server and you will have time of your life.

DiRTMark likes this.
  6. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

So much this. I had good races for 20-40 minutes on those tracks. ACC MP is an amazing experience when it works. Unfortunately too many servers are Monza focused. Barely can find a Hungaroring server with enough players in it. However I get a huge slowdown in the transition between evening and night. Perhaps volumetric fog caused these problems.

7. toold

toold Gamer

If you would have taken the time to read the post entirely, you would have realised, that I mentioned the WORK IN PROCESS.
    Renting an own server isn't a solution, because of the lag of admin tools so far. And if I have to lock down my own server, I don't need to use MP, than I can race against AI.
    Apart of that I don't have to rent a server, I own a dedicated server.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    alex bonner and mms like this.
  8. Adastros

Adastros Racer

:p:p troll or?

9. toold

toold Gamer

whats your point?:eek::eek::eek:

10. Sure is not enough (and will never be enough unless you want to spend thousand of hours doing race director stuff, every race, in every server :D)

But at least wait untill the ratings are active on the servers :p

11. toold

toold Gamer

This post wasn't meant to criticize Kunos in first line, I have target more the drivers using it.
    But some Kuno fan boys don't get it ;);).
    We have (had) in AC some very good tools (Minorating, KMR, stracker) to manage the servers. I hope we will get something similar as well in ACC, but this time as a full integration into the project and not as added mods with all their problems.
    The driving behaviour model is something, which is a good approach to filter drivers in the beginning, but not during their presence at the server.
    There has to come more.

alex bonner and chksix like this.
  12. Balamacab

Balamacab Rookie

I see that ratings are in deed desperate needed for drive safety and the inclusion of some servers that use them and other server that do not use them (so everyone can have their fun).... or let people grind for safety rating with the AI using local play.
    I'll do as recommended to no play in the Monza track, but it's quite hard to find another track with someone on it....
    ... is it posible to have a server that rotate tracks every event in MP so one do not end up playing the same track over and over again?
    Thank you and looking forward for future updates.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I like when the server just has one long practice session. Less egos and d!ckheads and you can still link up for a little battle from time to time.

tjr and toold like this.
  14. Yeah. Let's hope that the guy from Minorating will be part of the dev team at some point, that would help a bit :rolleyes:

Timberwind, chksix and sissydriver like this.
  15. toold

toold Gamer

Yes I believe you can use the event.json file to configure more than one track, if not yet, I'm sure it will be possible in future.

16. toold

toold Gamer

I believe, yes he is part of the team right now and responsible for the integration of a new kind of minorating.

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I just did amazing race on Kunos Zolder server. i belive 13 people smooth T1 not a single crash 4 guys fighting for P1 so much fun.. maybe you just chose wrong server? Dont do Monza unless you are sure :D

Coanda and toold like this.
  18. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Well.....I did 3 or 4 races on monza servers tonight and i thought the people there were absolutely superb. Not perfect and I'm sure a couple of times I also made a mistake but I was very impressed that even in positions 15th and lower the racers were very fair....and human

So I appreciate the op comment and strive for great racing which I assume will come when the ratings classifications might be implemented. But for me I was very impressed. And had quite a lot of fun.

toold likes this.
  19. Well if you already knew it I have lost you, for good.
    You said something Minorating is not enough, but you want a system like that to be implemented
    Wait at least to be implemented (and tuned after that!!) on the MP servers

The windows, good or bad they are, have arrived and they are being polished. Wait for them to be placed before comlaining that it's drafty

20. toold

toold Gamer

So it seems, that I have to wait, till the kids are in their bed :D:D:D:D

21. thecures

thecures Gamer

easy,is a plubic server.....like assetto corsa..full of:confused::mad::(...try private server:):)