1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Visual damage

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastranario

pastranario Racer

I have not found information about the production of visual damage in cars. Is something to be implemented soon?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual damage windshield problem in VR Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 0.7 Visual Damage Effects Apr 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Hardcore racing expirience(visual and mechanical damage) POLL Mar 9, 2018
    ACC General Discussions More abusive damage system (not visual) Mar 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is there a way to disable visual damage in replay? Nov 4, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Evora S2 no visual damages Apr 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Visual damage vs. mechanical damage? Feb 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Turn visual damage off? Oct 27, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Visuals physics damages, it is for a futur update? May 10, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Breve domanda riguardo visuale ps4 Oct 10, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire rotation visuals at slow speeds be like Jul 17, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Rain spray visuals Mar 14, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual Problem at Indy Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Can't launch AC: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic,... Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Physics Toe car bug (visual or calculation). Jan 23, 2022

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

WIP. Not released yet.

4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Maybe never going to come.
    Or if it does it will be minimal, or so have heard.

5. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I also read somewhere that the visual damage is gonna be as minimal as in AC1. However, I think that a better visual damage model than in AC1 would especially help to estimate how fast someone can go or why someone is slow atm as a driver but also as a streamer/commentator. It doesn't have to be very detailed but just so you can get enough information.

mikendrix likes this.
  6. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

IMHO a full damage model (physical & visual) would be very welcome in Assetto Corsa Competizione.
    The simple reason is this: In Real Life Blancpain Races usually a noticeable amount of damage occurs, and just plays a role into the race itself.
    I do hope Devs are going to work in this area, I think ACC would be almost perfect with damage and more "life" on track during race (for example: moving marbles, dust raising from track when a car goes off the ideal line, some exhaust smoke, detached flying parts..... or at least some "nuance" of the aforementioned items......)
    Please Lord Kunos, I am too old to wait for the Assetto Corsa Competizione sequel.... ;-)

mikendrix, pigsy, David alba and 4 others like this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

It has been said by the devs long time ago...(stuff could be changed tho)

But they said do not expect anything big...there will not be flying parts etc. What can you expect is damage like in AC and suspension damage will be new thing... Tire punctures are also gonna be the ting if yiu abuse the tires on curbs etc. (You can already puncture the tire now in game.) By over heating tires

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

That BMW is a lying bastard :p

Wolf WolfZ, jaxx_za, R. Iván and 4 others like this.
  10. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

Pseudoadmin here :) in every single topic!You not get tired?

11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I just get tired of reading same **** on forums since game got announced and people not using Search function.. But dont you worry that is why you got me... :D

[​IMG]

But why the hell not i will just create another one right?

Also since everybody posts on forums hoping for developer to reply specifically to their thread and quesion i am always glad to help out and just reply because i know the answer

12. guly69

guly69 Rookie

Could not agree more sir, it just adds to the sim experience.
    [​IMG]

cr4wl3r0 and R. Iván like this.
  13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Damage wasn't exactly ACs strong point to begin with, I think lots of people expected an improvement (especially considering the very limited amount of cars), at least not a step backwards (as it is in the current state)

Hopefully it's coming... Having damage would discourage reckless driving in MP also. On top of rating system. But it's part of real endurance racing so not simulating it at all would be a pretty big omission. And considering the limited amount of cars, IMO hoping for some "scripted" predetermined parts coming off like in Automobilista and Pcars 2 (latter having something like around 200 cars) isn't an unreasonable request

I know the game is WIP and damage might come later, even after 1.0 drops. But asking for some improved visual damage (the way I described) isn't imo "asking for the moon from the sky". Actually I thought it would be a given, considering how limited the car roster will be. But now I've adjusted my original expectations, seeing that there is still no damage

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    cr4wl3r0 likes this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't know where this theory is coming from. Damage would change behaviour for a fraction of the people, and those aren't the real problem.
    From all what I've observed and experienced, recklessness (that may be reduced by having damage) is so insignificant over just being bad at driving, up to good driver simply misjuding a brakepoint once a week (sadly this sums up having 20+ cars around). So I don't see the situation improved a lot.

But that damage will also apply to the innocent party, which is going to be even more frustrating. I mean I can handle getting spun braking into the first turn, recover and see a race similar to starting from behind. But if this means my car is heavily damaged, idk. Makes me wanna quit.

(Disclaimer: just a driver's perspective)

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It would be an additional thing, I didn't mean it would necessarily have huge effect on reducing collisions. It was just a side thing. Now both parties get punished by rating (guilty and innocent), with damage both parties get punished more. Main reason I think it should be in (in some form, not necessarily as punishing as it would be IRL) is realism. I don't think Automobilista or iRacing included the damage, so that people would quit.

I can see the upside of having forgiving damage (when it wasn't your fault, it will be less frustrating) but still I think there is a justified reason why iRacing puts all that effort into the damage model, after all these years.

16. I would actually argue that a spectacular visual damage modelling will actually encourage wreckers because they'll receive a bigger payoff for their action. :)

Having said that, I don't think anybody will actually support the idea that not having damage is better than have it.

17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I agree but a proper rating system might enable us to keep the wreckers in their own league. I think decent visual damage should definitely be part of this sim as well to make it 100% (at least a bit more than in AC1 regarding the damage).

18. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I think that damage off is what attract people from gaming/consoles/reckless. They don't what to race against other people they fun with a new title. But soon they understand it isn't arcade and that it's a sim, half go way and other half become good simmers.
    I don't expect a detail visual damage model, something like AC will be fine, or maybe a little more elaborated.

19. guly69

guly69 Rookie

First of all, I would like to thank the feedback that everyone gave, especially the dev team for the time that they spent reading and replying to this "feature request" .
    Unfortunately it is something that is simply part of any kind of race, given that this may cause frustration to the innocent party, mistakes happen and could result in backlash to someone unintentionally.

However I believe there are ways to get around the issue.
    First I would like to separate the various types of damage so that the message I am trying to pass is better understood.

Types of damage: (vary depending on the impact force, calculated by the variables of the impact velocity of the car that caused the contact and the varying speed of the receiving car.)

Low damage - Low comestic damage / low bodywork damage from light impacts. This type of damage does not impact the mechanical performance in the car in any way.
    Medium damage - Medium bodywork damage / suspension damage. (Slightly affects performance, like the handling of the car.)
    Heavy damage - Punctures (caused by heavy hits to the wheels section or simply by running reclessly of track at high speed ex:. cutting the second chicane on monza, hitting the speed limiters at high speed.
    Heavy impact ex:. purposely not making any effort to make the corner and using the ahead driver as a "pillow".
    Terminal damage- Mechanical failures ??? (out of ideas for terminal damage, since it might not be a good idea to include such a thing?.)

First and easiest solution for casual gamers: non-competitive servers - disable damage / enable low damage, as these do not impact the performance of the car.

For competitive servers:
    Use a ranking system that can separate a reckless driver from a prudent driver and we can start from there.
    With prudent drivers the probability of medium or high impacts would be significantly reduced, resulting in no impact on performance for all partys.

Of course this is all very easy to say, the hardest part is to make this all work, but I'm confident in the Assetto Corsa team, they will continue to provide and improve the racing Sim that I and many others love.
    Just giving my 45€ and 2 cents here. :D

mikendrix, Pablo leal and D.Jankovic like this.
  20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

My 2 cents

Firstly wreckers should be eliminated by the ratings system.
    Regarding damage, there is also and argument that if a wrecker had to sit the session out in the pits due to heavy damage I doubt they would have the patience and would soon get bored.
    Also there are the 'tap to pass' merchants. If light damaged caused an aero deficit that would be a deterrent.
    But as I say hopefully the rating system will negate the need for any punitive measures

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  21. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

I am still waiting for the 'no damage, no buy' comment :p

Derrellbiffle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.