1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

IMHO, you would feel even more if you lower your road effects to something like 20-30% At first it might feel a bit too "quite" in straights, but you'll gain far more clarity on kerbs, turns, grip etc. Give it a try

tabis, morpwr69, pablito and 3 others like this.
  2. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

No need, I know where the door is.

Good luck with your endeavours.

ctnich, jaxx_za, LATE4APEX and 7 others like this.
  3. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Can we expect something more advanced in terms of radio communications in terms of :
    - engineer giving indication of when /where to push based on race dynamics ( track conditions,weather conditions,)
    Abs , tc , brake balance values
    - suggestions on when to pit based on other teams strategies
    - advices on how to improve pace based on current drive style?

Arlo, ShredatorFIN, manudouet and 2 others like this.
  4. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

I feel emptyness flooding my heart

jaxx_za and LATE4APEX like this.
  5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

lol
    …"the expert"…

When the people will think with their brain rather than with someone other/Mr. Noone's brain it will be always too late.

6. Like @Aristotelis said adding 70% pur noise is not the way to go. Same wheel here and don't like the FFB feel in ACC. Driving by visuals and knowledge in the most cases.
    Maybe interesting: While I'm driving I can see the FFB of the HUD "pulsate" but I can't feel this at the wheel.

7. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

This is something I've been thinking about as well. The CrewChief app adds at lot of atmosphere to races in AC with gaps to opponents etc and it would be great to see something similar in ACC.

Arlo, ShredatorFIN, LukFry and 3 others like this.
  8. pablito

pablito Rookie

I try but I went from 10-15% road effects to this and now (for me ofc) it feels best. I like when I feel every "hole" on the track, yep prolly it little mute some effects but its comfortable for me ;)
    I dont have expierience how it feels in real GT3 car but im using similar seetings from long time in RaceRoom, AC, PC2 with exception in RaceRoom you can exaggerate curbs feeling even more.

But point is I feel the car, feel front wheels on my rim and I know when my car loose grip exactly thats why I very much like FFB in ACC, its more natural feeling than in RR3 where FFB i really good but more artificial. (for me)

9. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

You'll find that not all of use are "over defensive" or sucking up to devs, but generally want the game to improve; hence why we report bugs and issues, but you seem to be stuck on repeat.

10. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

It is incomprehensible that we have such different opinionso_O, personally the FFB feels very good in my t300. The only car with which I do not feel like it is with the jaguar.

For me the game feels wonderful at this moment in terms of Physics, FFB, Sound, Artificial Intelligence ...

My only complaint in this element may be related to the graphics that I think have a lot of room for improvement, in addition to the need for optimization to be able to use in VR.

my congratulations to the developers!

Freddie Seng likes this.
  11. pablito

pablito Rookie

Exactly...my only complain is about CPU usage (and yes there is room for improvement my PC wich right now is laptop...but...) this is first sim where i cant play with full grid...i got this CPU usage warning even with 10 cars on track and max i can play is 15 but then i can see some stuttering and freezing even with 75fps stable.
    Compared to RaceRoom where i can race with 30+ cars all visible buttery smooth. I understand engine physics etc. but this is really weird...and I blame Unreal engine for this because every single game I play on that engine got big problems.

But...I love GT3, I love Blancpain...so..I play with what i got ;) 10 opponents is still better then 5 or 0 :p

D.Jankovic likes this.
  12. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

I completely agree with you, in turns is like turning an elastic wheel without any road info. I am on csl elite. I have found that if you raise the fei in my wheel to 80 and stay with 0 dinamic damping, it goes better. After that i tried the "old" AC and is like day and night. AC for me in terms of ffb works way better.I hope they can improve this aspect of the game.

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

And here we go again...

[​IMG]

14. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

Spamming is not good, i agree, you are working hard and hope you will have another great succes like AC. Please help me understand how to fix my problem: i am on csl elite ps4 and in turns is like twisting an elastic wheel without any road info (bump or vibration from the road). Doing lots of experiments i have found that raising fei to 80 andlowering the dinamic dampening to 0 it goes better with 78 gain (this in order to avoid clipping). The strange feeling is that there is a little window in wich you can feel the road and the wheel but is easy to miss it. Do you have any tips on how to set the correct ffb?!?
    Ps after a long session of ACC i went to AC and was surprised on how much feeling and details you gain...Now i am confused because i do not know what should i feel through the wheel.

15. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

What kind of wheel you are using?!?

16. pablito

pablito Rookie

btw. You are right 30% feels a lot better right now. Thank You.

Aristotelis likes this.
  17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

What is “fei”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. epsylonB

epsylonB Gamer

can you tell me what is your opinion for road effects on csw 2.5? thx :)))

19. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

Aristotelis likes this.
  20. based on that description I fail to see why anybody would use anything but 000.
    Why hardware makers have to make things so complicated really is beyond me.
    It's one number ffs... receive the number, translate to voltage, send to the motor.. job done, go home and let us game dev take care of the rest.

#justodwhatthesoftwaretellsyoutodo

Instead no.. we are here left wondering what crazy thing the hardware driver will choose to do this time to mess up with the signal I am actually sending... it's so damn frustrating.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019