1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Petition] make lapped cars ( including stuck ones ) ghosts / trigger no collision

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by fabT, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabT

fabT Alien

Yesterday i did some MP racing on different public server.
    Honestly it got annoying fast.

Two of the biggest MP problems imho are the cars intentionally or accidentally stuck on track, as well as the typical lapped guy not giving road and causing accidents. Deliberately or not.

So -if it's techically feasible- i'd ask to make the lapped cars behave as "ghost" cars and not triggering collisions ( configurable in server settings ).

That would help quite a lot dealing with connection issues, careless guys and wreckers.

Would you agree ?

chksix likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI Behaviour while being lapped Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Gameplay The fast ai train behind lapped ai car is back Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Lapped after Formation lap Feb 8, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.1.2] 2018 endurance champ @ Paul Ricard 6hr, winning AI car lapped 3rd place Nov 5, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controls are processed overlapped while in the pits Jul 17, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Lapped AI Cars Fighting for Position Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Lapped AI Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Blue flag waved a bit to late for lapped cars? Apr 5, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues "You`re being lapped" & blue flag issue Nov 22, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI overlapped not giving position May 26, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Lapped drivers dont know about race finish Jan 13, 2016
    Suggestions Something to signal that i am lapped Oct 27, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Lapped driver get no checkered flag Aug 2, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Suggestion: no colissions with lapped cars (optional) Sep 20, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Results with lapped cars Jan 18, 2014

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

i belive i read somewhere minolin saying they are working on some system for people who are parked and not driving etc.

As for the blue flag guys just be patiend untill we get the penalities.. it is part of racing tbh just handle it properlly

Vitxu, Ace Pumpkin, jaxx_za and 5 others like this.
  4. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I personally like the challenge of lapping cars, especially if we are to properly try and recreate long races, like Spa 24h. The best compromise I could see is just an option to turn it on and off for server admins, so if you're in public lobbies, it can be easily disabled, but if you're in a league with proper racers, then having it on is probably better.

mESCx, jaxx_za, manudouet and 3 others like this.
  5. gabrynet83

gabrynet83 Gamer

Hi, I I could agree for stuck cars but I would not to be like ghost. It a simulation theoretically. I would rather introduce a timer for stuck cars removal, I don’t think safety car is doable in a short while.
    The lapped one ... well they are real car and should move aside.

I hope that the rating system when it will work 100% will “fix” all these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSR2KX likes this.
  6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I think we should wait until multiplayer is complete or at least near complete before suggesting fixes for things they probably have in hand.

fnegroni and Oblit0r like this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Lapped cars are part of the game, I would miss them. In regular public MP, yes they're annoying, but if you're driving on a rated server or in a league, obviously they have to be there.
    Stuck cars or no input for some time, teleport to pits.

8. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I believe ghosting of lapped cars should be an option to custom community servers or maybe low ranked multiplayer races. Then again I advocate for more FFB options to the end user while Kunos devs want a more streamlined approach. :D

9. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

No. I don't think this is how they solve the immediate problem and it would annihilate all serious racing and I can't imagine myself ever wanting to lap ghosts.

Also while we're on the topic of server admins and settings; not being able to kick/ban players makes for poor public racing and more or less gives griefers free reign online,

but I'm sure the devs will come around once they've gather enough data for their key systems, which I hope will include all of the above and a "votekick" system to remove a few bad apples.

10. westbum77

westbum77 Gamer

I'm against Ghost cars, it's not real. No need to turn this game into an arcade.

mikendrix, mESCx and Pulley like this.
  11. Blue flag in GT races doesn't mean you have to move in the next 0.2 second, giving all the space in the world or get banned for life.

And personally I'm more into trying to improve person(s) awareness rather than pulling arcade tricks, even if some people will always act their way
    Maybe with a penalty if the blue flag stays out too much?

For the parked cars teleporting out I'm ok if it happens at the race start because could be a technical problem.
    But if it's during a session, personally I will start to remove SA points increasing the drain rate the more you are parked. And enjoy your 0 points SA :p

12. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

This. Now in most cases people don't even know if the flags are waving for them and if they are fighting for position or what.

13. gabrynet83

gabrynet83 Gamer

As it is right now, blue flag showed by Marshalls, I think is what happen in real life. Isn’t it?

14. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Also in real life you wouldn't be allowed to race without that knowledge which is not the case in a sim. I think spotter would say if there is faster car behind you anyway. So yeah. Better indication of flags would be good.

15. Maybe a team radio would be good in this case...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    mikendrix, TDS, ShredatorFIN and 2 others like this.
  16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

A blue flag popping up on your screen after you've had the blue flag for 30-60 seconds but didn't act accordingly would be a solution maybe?

TDS likes this.
  17. gabrynet83

gabrynet83 Gamer

Sweet! Would be awesome. At least for the game purpose would be super efficient. Don’t know if the radio is allowed in the real life but I wouldn’t care this kind of detail.l and would make the MP better with this suggest

TDS likes this.
  18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

it's simple and the devs are probably working on it. Throw full course yellow for stuck/crashed cars and the marshalls and tow truck/flatbed comes out and removes them and then the green is thrown again:p

TDS and mms like this.
  19. TDS

TDS Alien

ghosting? please NO ...:cool:

Ace Pumpkin and mikendrix like this.
  20. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

No, I think that dealing with slower cars is just part of the deal. It goes both ways, they have to deal with faster cars coming past them. That's life.

Ace Pumpkin, mikendrix and TDS like this.
  21. I'm fine with them becoming ghosts if they don't maintain a set minimum pace for a few laps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.