1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Petition] make lapped cars ( including stuck ones ) ghosts / trigger no collision

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by fabT, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I am against it as it would just make racing easier. I mean what if your having a ding dong battle with the car behind you and you come up behind a lapped car if you managed to get passed the slower car and the driver behind you cant make the pass this would give you an advantage and a chance to get clear of him/her especially if it was for a podium place this happens all the time in NR2003 i use the slower cars to give myself a break and get some distance between me and the cars behind.
    Or it could work against you and give the others a chance to get on you tail if you get stuck behind the lapped car. :D.
    Just makes for a better racing experience i think.

Ace Pumpkin and TDS like this.
  2. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The problem here is that the lapped cars won't obey the rules. Instead they deliberately block and try to race you. If you manage to pass they revenge wreck you at the next corner. That's where ghosting is a great solution.

3. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Well yeah thats true but wont the rating's stop that and weed out the losers and wreckers.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  4. Ay! A lot will be skimmed with that.

Also consider that now people can join the race after its start.
    The majority are in the "who gives a hoot" mood because they are not really into the race and their behaviour is not yet punished.

5. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I'm heavily against "Ghost Cars" for lapped cars, even if they are parked or going slowly, this is supposed to be a Simulation not an Arcade Game. I want realism, ACC is supposed to bleed Realism, making it impossible to be interrupted by Back Markers will ruin the Realism no end, simply put it would be dreadful. No, not even as "an option for servers" either, if people can't learn to move out the way when Blue Flagged or faster drivers learn how to pass a lap down car then how is anyone supposed to improve their race craft? by driving through a Ghost car? No No No.

Did I mention I'm heavily against this idea?!

6. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

They will be eventually weeded out with the Ratings System.

R. Iván and DzelRacing like this.
  7. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I agree !
    The root of the problem is the philosophy of MP and rules. Ghost cars is just a patch.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  8. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Hear hear.

9. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I feel this is only really relevant in open public servers where wreckers lurk. I honestly don't think its needed if the slower cars are clean and are just not able to keep pace.

Lapping and getting lapped are all part and parcel of racing even more so in endurance racing. I have to agree that there needs to be an artificial way to keep the wreckers under control too but surely the ranking system will do that when its all working properly?

10. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Totally agree

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Lapped cars have ghost, yeh lets make this the easiest sim possible, or is it just the lack of ability that some can't drive..

12. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Needs penality, severe rules like everything in life, some people are like a child.

And it's not just about slow cars, fast cars are also a problem (it's not a time attack mode, attention must be paid to the traffic).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    andrea.chiovato likes this.
  13. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Totally NO to ghosted cars, what would it be next? Teleport to track whesn spinning? No thanks "the real driving simulator" already do those things.

In my opinion, in an official race, any stuck car on the road, should trugger the safety car, and it is is stuck somewhere not dangerous, a full course yellow.

In fact i think that when someone quits the game, the car should not disappear, dependig where he quits, SC or FCY and then disappear.

And if he quits in the middle of the road, but the car was able to move to a corner, a penalty for him

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I agree for stuck or stationary cars, they should just be transported straight to the pits after 30 seconds of non activity.

R. Iván, Guidofoc and Arlo like this.
  15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I would prefer a formula that gives penalty points to someone who under blue flags hits a car that is one lap ahead. Or there could be penalty points for both cars, but double penalty for the lapped car. I know, it's a bit unfair but in the end it's up to the people being lapped to get out of the way.

More importantly, the situation will improve once ACC offers live events with mini-leagues or similar, both because of match-making and because we will race for points and that will make everybody more focused.

Also, yes totally agree with automatically removing from the track any car that sits there for more than 30 seconds.

chksix likes this.
  16. I think nobody mentioned the track re-joining, which is the less respected "rule" in my opinion.

Ben Lee and Jacobs like this.
  17. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I agree, however creating a rule for that would be quite tough I’d have thought as you would need to take into account so many factors, unless you just did a broad rule and said you can’t rejoin at a greater speed than 40kph or something.

18. It is not a rule, it is good common sense, yesterday I was bumped out on the first lap (I was fighting for first place, happens), I had to wait for everyone to pass. It's a matter of safety.

19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

What people seem to always forget is Public racing will never change... you will always have accidents and random wreckers. That is in any game.. like cheaters in any other games..

When game releases when rating is working
    also when people start organising the races championships something like SRS in AC, proper races will fast split up from wreckers. And no more worries..

People are overreacting a bit now.. and caring about rating witch does nothing for multiplayer atm is just usless. Relax enjoy the game and have fun in races even if you get spun. Check video thread i just posted 2 videos yesterday and i got spun on both races and fought my way back..ended up being so much fun

Only thing where you should care about your rating is CC and CN rating..witch can help you drive better

20. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

only ghosting cars I would vote for is when cars are intentionally driving round the track the wrong way , so after x seconds going the wrong way on the track you would become a ghost car which means normal race incidents/spins you wouldn't ghost