1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI thoughts (skill & aggressiveness @ 100)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

perhaps you haven't seen real life blancpain but backmarkers never just move out the way, they can in fact hinder the lapping car a hell of a lot, although saying that there should be a little bit where they yield in game, but to completely let the passing car through easily very rarely happens irl, its not like F1 where they cry like a baby if the lapped car doesn't park up in a neighbouring country to let them through

2. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

Fair enough, but I do not for a second believe they would be blocking and dive bombing up the inside to un-lap themselves. I’ve never seen Blancpain GT but i’m very familiar with touring car racing, and even in series like V8 Supercars or BTCC, where door to door bashing and dangerous driving seem to happen a lot, lapped cars don’t completely ignore the leader when they’re coming through. I’m not asking for the ai to competently surrender the racing line, I just want them to back out when I try to pass them, they have no reason to hold me up, it just ends up slowing us both down.

Pulley likes this.
  3. hunt3r972

hunt3r972 Rookie

Why the hell is the AI doing this ? Why he is not taking the inside when I leave room for him instead of driving straight into my car ?

Watch the BMW in front of the ferrari ! it is doing what it is supposed to do, but in my case it's just focusing on its line and nothing else. This 85% skill 50% aggresivness ...

Stepy likes this.
  4. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

My AI thoughts since 6.2.
    Don't mind the concept of AI blocking as in real life but I've been taken out several times by them blocking far too late [almost alongside and the pass properly set up, not a late move on my account].
    A couple of times after pit stops [Monza] I've come up behind a car in the section after the first chicane and the AI car suddenly slows down to nothing causing an accident.
    And why does the car your following in the rolling start always lag behind the one it's following, making it impossible to stay with the car you're meant to be alongside.

5. Leclettico

Leclettico Gamer

This!

6. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

I'm not saying it's working well in game, but this is an element of multi driver racing that does happen - sometimes a car will start with a slower 'am' driver and will change to a 'pro' later on. Obviously in many cases that Pro starts his or her stint behind lots of other drivers and may need to unlap themselves, especially as they may be racing for a win in a different class to the lapping car.

This may not be the reason why in game, but it does mean it can't be as simple as "lap down, don't challenge".

Would be ace in the full game if there were different personality types to take this into account, that lets pro drivers challenge to unlap and am ones be a bit more generous with space.

TheRealJuralumin and menos | M6 like this.
  7. pavano

pavano Simracer

The same applies when you try to lap them. They don’t let you by, no, they even try to block you.
    First time, I rammed into one of them because I thought it would let me pass

Leclettico and TheRealJuralumin like this.
  8. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I run AI 100, aggressiveness 0. At 0 aggr AI still is competetive, tries to overtake you as hard as at 100, but does less stupid moves hitting you in places where there is no place to overtake. No dive bombs anymore wit 0.6.x. Ive commented this also before, but again: does AI aggressiveness have any effect at all other than make AI more stupid?

9. TheRealJuralumin

Here’s a great example from real life of a driver getting out of the way of a faster car during qualifying. All we need is for the AI to just slow down slightly and leave a gap, it would certainly make qualifying a lot less frustrating.

EDIT: I appear to have accidentally posted it twice due to my slow connection.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  10. TheRealJuralumin

Here’s a great example from real life of a driver getting out of the way of a faster car during qualifying. All we need is for the AI to just slow down slightly and leave a gap, it would certainly make qualifying a lot less frustrating.

11. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

The AI in RF2 do this very well they will almost run of the track trying to give you room to pass.

12. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

AI = 100/70:
    I was driving the BMW and obviously too slow.

Attached Files:

13. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Maybe they engaged the Jason Plato mode for some AI? ;)

LeiF likes this.
  14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Since 0.6.4 even passing the slowest cars in the grid is nearly impossible for me at Monza.

Approaching some turns the AI almost stops (esp. 1st and 2nd chicane and when you are too far behind) so you mostly hit them but out of the Parabolica its acceleration is unbelievable! In combination with another very early breaking before the Parabolica of the AI I am not able to stay close enough on to start/finish almost every time.

And even you got side by side suddenly the same AI is able to use magical breaking at T1 to prevent getting passed while the car in front of that breaks at 200m again which makes you at least hit this car.
    It's definitely annoying!

BTW I am 1-1,5 seconds faster than these opponents. But I can't pass - particulary not without contact or risking my safety rating. That was way easier before 0.6.4 (maybe too easy).

Dear Lord - have mercy! Please help us and make them not taking us for a fool!:(

15. Pheebau

Pheebau Gamer

Getting pushed by crazy AI more than I want - especially at the start of the race but here is a video of AI pushing me in a straight line where am close to 200mph - it was set at 80/80

Jump to 2:06

16. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

I am about 0.6 - 1 second slower than the fastest AI in practice at Monza (100% skill 0% aggressiveness).
    Overtaking in a safe way at Monza was never easy if you race against opponents who are on a similar level than you - it was always a game of drafting and fainting, trying to push an opponent into driving defensively, loosing pace and even make mistakes.
    Overtaking at Monza therefore was always a game of patience and focussing on driving your own perfect laps instead of doing hotheaded stupid attempts.

I find that with 0.6.5 at Monza with 100% skill 0% aggressiveness I get EXACTLY that from the AI - the AI pace is SPOT ON and the lap times the fastest of them do is SPOT ON.

What is still a HUUUUUUGE issue is the AI initiating contact that results in spins or bumping the human off track and still doing all the well known, old, typical AI issues as pileups, keeping the foot on the throttle in 1st gear when they are bunched up instead of easing off and letting the crashed car in front of them sort out the crime scene.

The most frustrating of these issues is really what feels like the malicious attempt of an AI behind you to do pit maneuvers in a very precise and calculated way in slow corners on humans.

THAT SH!T HAS GOT TO STOP! ;-)

The pit maneuvers are really disruptive. One can live with the AI drivers being dumb and getting themselves into those epic pileups.
    One can live with them having slight contact here and there, even giving you a bit of a bump in the braking zone.

One cannot live with the AI doing pit maneuvers on you every single (EVERY SINGLE) AI race at Monza you attempt.

In practice and qualifying sessions when the AI is more fanned out and you run into single or a pair of AI drivers this seems to be no issue at all actually.
    It really is only when they are racing in a pack and a human is in the middle of it.

So far I was not able to complete a single AI race at Monza (and I drive very defensive and careful not to squeeze anyone or cut AI off as I know how bad they interact with such behavior).

In most cases the AI does a pit maneuver in slow corners on me. This is very frustrating, in fact so frustrating that I rate public server races at Monza with those kids that don't brake for T1 and take out the entire field in T1 more safe and overall more enjoyable experiences than racing the AI.

17. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

You said it well, nothing to add. Fully agree. I also use 100,0 for AI and still they do these stupid stunts.

menos | M6 likes this.
  18. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Forgive me, but I would like to see ai opponents randomly making driving mistakes as IRL happens........... ;-)

Pheebau likes this.
  19. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Especially the back field AI seems to be unpredictable due to huge deviations in their breaking behaviour. That's why it is very difficult to follow them and prepare a clean overtaking move.

I would really like them to be a bit slower in the corners or let them accelerate a touch later. But the time gap comparing the top level AI with those slower ones is caused by irrational breaking. When they want to prevent being passed, suddenly they are able to break like an alien or at least one of the top guys which makes them unbeatable when you want to get through.

20. Stepy

Stepy Racer

A few things i have noticed about the A.I
    1. when pitting the A.I is slower going down the pit lane then me (with the pit limiter on, Monza , Zolder) , but have these really fast pit stops roughly about 6-8 seconds quicker than player.
    2. @ Monza braking too much into turn 1 , braking/slow on the exit of turn 1 , slow through variante Ascari chicane.
    3. Weaving around when trying to overtake another A.I on the straight.