1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Google Stadia could be great platform for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by 1nProgress, Mar 20, 2019.

1. 1nProgress

1nProgress Rookie

Just watched the keynote reveal of Google’s new cloud gaming service Stadia and it is really quite impressive new tech. Lots of barrier breaking leveraging 10.7 teraflops per instance cloud computing with interactive YouTube integration.

For sim racers, this can drastically lower cost entry point by not needing the expense of high end PC hardware to get 4K gaming.

Think ACC should investigate how this could work as a dev platform option. Thoughts?

Salvatore Amato likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room [Off-Topic] - Help with Google Chrome Oct 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What tracks would you like to see Kunos add? (Google Survey) Jul 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Google scanned race tracks Oct 31, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Google cardboard advice Dec 20, 2014
    Tracks modding Help in creating a track from Google Maps May 7, 2014
    Liveries BMW E30 Gr.A/DTM Google Play Fantasy Skin May 3, 2014

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Sounds interesting, the idea that gaming as a service will become normal. But what about the Internet connection? Don't you need a fast connection to send 4K of data over a network? I mean in racing sims multiplayer is sustainable because there isn't an awful lot of data sent over the network (cars position, speed, direction etc), and even with that there's some lag. Not sure how it compares to sending 60-144 frames per second at 4K. Or is there some new and revolutionary network architecture that they are bringing to the market?

4. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Cloud Services will always lack good inputlag.
    Then think of your own internet.
    In Germany it is impossible because most towns doesnt offer fast internet for all peoples.
    Modding cant be done see AC1.
    You dont own Games and if the Cloud Services takes it down, bye bye Game you love.
    GTR2 or rf2 still get played :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

Good points.

I can also see the benefits in using this type of service.

But if the future of gaming is cloud service gaming, I am not looking forward to it at all.

I can understand that most of the gamers who always play multiplayer probably wouldn't notice much difference in not "owning" their game locally on their own PC.

But for me, enjoying the flexibility and freedom of being a single playing gamer, I do not look forward to having to rely on a stable connection or availability of a service, or even the availability of other gamers connected to the service, in order for me to load my game.

Deatroy likes this.
  6. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

well... If so....then that's a nail in the coffin for the gaming industry. that coffin has 2 nails already.

7. it's pretty obvious this is one of the most probable future for gaming... it makes sense from almost every point of view... but I guess games that require ultra-fast input timing and accuracy such as racing games will be the last to leave the physical platforms for cloud based solutions.

But really exciting to see Google behind this.

SlimCharles, Jack0, rauf00 and 10 others like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Google = DARPA o_O

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I wonder what's going to happen to modding if this is the future of gaming.

10. it'll go the way of the dinosaurs I suppose.
    But it's really too early to call it. We have to see how Google implements this and how strict they'll want to be with it.
    Hopefully they won't follow the example of the major console producers when it comes to strictness.

Deatroy and AurusCE like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

5g may change a lot, even in germany. we cant stop this and i am sure its a great chance but will cause a lot of headache (usual behaviour of mankind in general...)

12. 1nProgress

1nProgress Rookie

Google is claiming a network architecture that will deliver 60 FPS at 4K with a 25gbps internet connection that is ‘box’ independent and device flexible (phone, tablet, PC, TV). They introduced their own wireless game pad that helps bridge the experience.

They ran live demo jumping across all of these devices including a low end PC to make the point that it’s not reliant on local processing power. If you have time, here is the full keynote, and if you only have 15min watch this video summary.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

5G will give you headaches alright. Permanently. Along with many other things o_O:confused::(:mad:

14. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

Most likely these types of gaming services will become the norm.

There are benefits to gamers, and also game developers have more control.

I look at cloud gaming similar to the way I see autonomous cars. I am suspicious about the possibility of a future where we may eventually live in a world where driving our own cars will become illegal. I would rather there be no computer-driven cars in existence if it is the only way to guarantee that legislation will not inevitably ban humans from driving on the roads.

If we can continue to have a choice regarding whether our gaming is local or cloud based, I wouldn't mind.

However, the technology of such cloud based services are impressive.

15. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

I do not want to drive with this Google Controller.
    I can imagine this will work properly with titles like Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider etc.
    For single player titles the input lag migth also be not that important.

Especially for SimRacers it could be quite difficult to support hardware like wheels, button boxes and but kickers etc.

16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I don't like the idea of subscription based games (where you don't own your game) or renting hardware time from big corporate monopolies.

17. Audioslave

Audioslave Gamer

Not for me, thanks....

18. Actually I think driving simulators are not likely to become cloud based soon. Can you imagine having 100+ ms of lag not only on the visuals but on the force feedback and inputs as well? I think most cars would become very challenging to drive, and catching slides would be almost impossible.

19. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

When I read the article yesterday I immediately thought about Gaikai.
    Two of the founders were actually my colleagues in a consulting firm. They sold the company to Sony for for $380 million USD.
    Not bad to have an idea like that in 2008! Would you ever bet on something like this at that time?
    Great to see such a success story from people you know.

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

21. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

All is cool but it so reminds me of "Ready Player One", brr.