1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[SUGGESTION] For the user's forum

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GRFOCO, Mar 25, 2019.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Hi guys.
    After reading treads like this:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-good-online-racers.55517/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...there-is-a-wrecker-thread.55515/#post-1032325

I think could be good for us show in our forum's signature or image/avatar, our ACC Driver's profile.
    I mean, i believe that could be an useful information for our community know and recognize a forum's member when he is in the same our server.
    My Nickname here is GRFOCO but in acc i run with another name, my real name and noone know me as player (so noone know if i'm a good or bad driver, if i'm a gentleman or a wrecker, and so on...). I bet that i've run many races with many guys here on the forum without know who they are.

Why do this?

Simple.
    If i run a race with other 29 unknown guys, i only can share some thought and some opinions in the game's chat at the end of the race... nothing more. But run the same race recognizing some forum's member can be useful for obvious reason while we are ingame, and also for come here and discuss / share / talk about our experiences, our mistakes, what has been good and what not.

So, in the end this can be just a little info, not for share our real/fake names (who cares?) but for recognize ourselves and hopefully improve the quality of our hobby.

I start to show here below, in my signature, my ACC name. If you think this can be useful for us, you can do the same.

Suggestions and other are always welcome.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] allow mapping "View Left/Right" to an axis Feb 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] HUD Improvement - split HUD element Jun 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [SUGGESTION] able to run and save multiple championships Dec 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [Suggestion] Randomization of AI grid Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [SUGGESTION] Reconnection to the server Nov 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Effect/meaning of settings on setup screens Oct 14, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Apply current pressures from tire menu to Pitstop and global press. up and down button Sep 17, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] In Game Chat Option Enable/Disable for Leagues Sep 6, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Fuel Widget Sep 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions [suggestion] Title from preset in textbox Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [Suggestion] Server Browser & Advanced Filter Improvements May 18, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [SUGGESTION] - MP Timings, Leaderboard, Ghosts.. Mar 7, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [SUGGESTION] Scroll between ratings Mar 6, 2019

3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Actually, I think that at some point all ACC user profiles should be made public through the official website. Maybe that would make some people behave, just out of pure embarrassment.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Son and GRFOCO like this.
  4. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I can't imagine how many privacy laws worldwide that would break!

ConvexRook and tjr like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

It would depend on what people agreed too. It could be a simple tick box, share or don't share.

In a way Racedepartment has already gone down this road by requiring real names to access their servers. It does create a better sense of community in that people aren't random, they have a name and you can find and talk to them after the race. But that is a restricted community, you have to pay to be part of it and play by the rules to stay active.

If people want to take part in leagues and such they will have to present some sort of traceable identity. I think for the most part my name is the same across most sim platforms. It's either my name, or some version of my nickname Turk (steam ID is revmeturk).

6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

How many privacy laws does iRacing break?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes, obviously it's free and it's a personal own choice.

F.e. iracing do this from... ever. You can use you real name or just register as "Mr. Brown".

But, real or fake doesn't matter, the point is another:
    Here on the forum we have a "XX" name.
    In ACC we have a "YY" name.
    For sure, someone right now is using the same name, but almost 99% use different name. It's possible that many times we play together without know, and for a community this is a little bit a shame.

The point is link, or at least recognize user's forum to user's game.

That's all.

8. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Well, instead of writing the names here, and try to remember them, wouldn't it be easier to write some kind of tag, or code, in front of our names in ACC?

for example [ACF] "OUR NAME", or ACF-"OUR NAME"

ACF= Assetto Corsa Forum

So each time we see someone with that tag in front we know he is from the forum. it is true that anyone can copy it anytime.

GRFOCO and Turk like this.
  9. dek

dek Racer

I always use the same Nick when Racing or using the sims forum. In all Sims it's the same. It's a short version of my real name that I do use in League racing.

I do that because I have nothing to hide and I want to be recognised as the one I am. Even if I do mistakes, i want to be responsible for that.

It's like real racing for me and I stand for what I am doing.

Regards

Sorry for my bad English by the way.:D

10. Turk

Turk Alien

If there is some sort of profile in the game we may be able to link to it from here and display some stats.