1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #121 – The Summer before love.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.34.941 - X1X

[​IMG]

I’m still a nervous wreck on every corner not knowing if I’m gonna make it or end up on the grass. 9 times out of 10....I’m on the grass.

2. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Improvement

Ok it's an accident. In a panic I kept the ghost behind me. Don't even remember how. Didn't think I'll be in the 1.36 at the end of the week I was so bad at it. It's not 1 clean lap out of 10 like you Lexisxbone it's one out of 100.

Attached Files:

3. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

My first lap was 1.34.044 and the second lap was 1.34.027. So you were right the second lap was quicker!
    The whc is a great place to be able to share my excitement for simracing so I'm just glad to be able to add to the discussion.

Just to be clear I downloaded the setup from the setup market, and the author of the tune is Matthieu Labbe. I just modified the fuel and tire psi from what I remember. So none of the ideas about setup are my own, and usually never are cause I just don't want to put the time into making a proper setup. Even on a basic street car I think I could take an hour or more of testing, whereas an F1 car would probably take days. I'd rather use the time I would spend testing and comparing to just race/hotlap because that's more fun for me.

StyleF1re, leli9, sissydriver and 5 others like this.
  4. Gijon

Gijon Simracer

Improvement
    1.36.537 Xb1
    3-26-2019_5-50-31_PM-lwws1brt.png

5. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-3-26_20-21-18.png
    Driving well for a nervous wreck Lewis! Must be the grass. Interesting tip.

6. Small improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-3-26_21-38-33.png
    I've now done all of the corners satisfactorily, just not on the same lap.
    The car seems to know when things are going well, so will grab the brakes and lock or unlock the diff depending on what spits you off fastest. Into a corner I find I have to brake, then wait and see what happens, then carefully apply the throttle a little bit and wait to see what happens then and repeat, if I'm still on the track.:D
    Can you adjust ride height/ spring rates on the PC version anyone?

sissydriver, leli9, 365gt and 4 others like this.
  7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

The tip is stay away from the grass. Otherwise, like me today, you’ll end up doing more restarts than laps,
    The car is so unpredictable and seems to behave differently on every lap. Well that’s my excuse anyway.

8. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.34.027 Pretend racer PC
    2- 1.34.941 Lewisxbone XB1
    3- 1.35.050 LeiF PC
    4- 1.36.235 Total Wrytoff PS4
    5- 1.36.537 Gijon XB1
    6- 1.36.652 Emmanuel Tubbiolo XB1
    7- 1.37.178 Sissydriver PC
    8- 1.37.898 Laughing Gravy PS4
    9- 1.38.607 DriverModFTW XB1

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

The brake unpredictability is probably fade. I'm guessing the fronts fade faster than the rears as they are doing more work so it is like the brake bias shifting rearward in hard braking zones as the front brakes become less effective. Adjusting brake bias might help and braking a bit earlier and easing off the brakes as you approach the corner will surely help, IIRC it is at low speeds it can bite a bit under braking. On power it should be pretty stable, it has fat tyres and mid engine, understeer can be an issue though.

10. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-3-26_22-31-58.png
    Finding that an outlap after pitting for tweaks helps get the eye in for the stormer-ish hotlap:D

StyleF1re, leli9, sissydriver and 7 others like this.
  11. leli9

leli9 Gamer

1:34.054 ps4
    20190327_015414.jpg

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.34.681 - X1X

[​IMG]

Thought I’d have one last attempt before throwing the towel in.

13. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Ok. I may talked to soon last week. Think I gonna leave it there. Even when I think I've done an amazing lap I am 2 sec slower than my PB. I even restarted the Xbox thinking there is a bug ..
    The only way would be to find time to do 200 laps and get a lucky one.

14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

lol, yeah I just had another go, it's not getting any better.. I think I surrender, this track man, I just hate it so much!

I think I need to start from scratch with the setup really for this car, but to do any worthwhile setup work really need a bit of consistency first and that just eludes me here :)

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1.36.637 improvement

1 36 637 121.jpg

at zandvoort with toyota one spin.
    what comes next???

;)

16. leli9

leli9 Gamer

Improvement 1:33.853 ps4

17. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.33.853 leli9 PS4
    2- 1.34.027 Pretend racer PC
    3- 1.34.681 Lewisxbone XB1
    4- 1.35.050 LeiF PC
    5- 1.35.818 Total Wrytoff PS4
    6- 1.36.537 Gijon XB1
    7- 1.36.637 Sissydriver PC
    8- 1.36.652 Emmanuel Tubbiolo XB1
    9- 1.37.898 Laughing Gravy PS4
    10- 1.38.607 DriverModFTW XB1

18. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

1.36.795 / PS4

Assetto Corsa_81.jpg

The title to this thread is hopefully a sign for things to come! I'm still not quite over Valentine's and have been relying on motorcycling, Assetto, and rock music to break the cycle of anguish. Anyway, I think the GT40 is perfectly suited for this track, but this combo isn't being kind to my right leg since my brake pedal still puts up some resistance with the mod. Put in five to six laps over twelve minutes and called it a night.

I'm also disappointed that DiRT Rally 2.0 isn't functioning properly with my Fanatec CS 2.5 + DriveHub setup. Only works with the Universal Hub and not the BMW wheel. And even then, the video playback and gameplay lag as immensely as a YT video playing at 0.2x or 0.3x speed. Works just fine with a regular DS4 controller though! I also came to find out that one of the pre-owned Move Controllers I bought doesn't even hold a charge and I misplaced the receipt for it. Can't even play Beat Saber for the time being! If our local GameStop doesn't take it back for an exchange at least then I'll just buy another pre-owned controller and smash the defective one with the fattest brick or rock I can find nearby. I wanted to run it over with my car or even motorcycle, but there could be dire consequences if I follow through there...

Also put this sticker on my motorcycle. Sure many of you here can relate! haha

Life Sticker.jpg

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@StyleF1re - hope you stay healthy (never had a faster "bike" than in the picture below, but i am to crazy to survive on two wheels....)

[​IMG]

owned the 200 with 10 PS, and we used it for >1500km trip to the ardeche in france and back....we were young

20. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement ish

1.34.344 - X1X

[​IMG]

Keep Loosing around half a second on turn 5 and 6, just can’t seem to control this car.