1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Apologies to the AC community & the Kunos development team

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Coanda, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I would like to apologise to the entire AC community & the Kunos development team for publicly airing my views on some unpleasant topics. I can not change my views however I can change my behavior in the public arena. I realise that most of us come here to enjoy sim racing and to have a bit of fun and alleviate some of the stress from our daily lives and all I did was take that away for some people.

I have recently been diagnoses with extreme Hypothyroidism (hashimoto disease) and for a person that has never taken daily medication this particular medication is really messing with my hormones & sleep patterns. I also have a new baby due to arrive in the next week or two. Some of you will rightly say stop making excuses and that is fair enough, I will take that on the chin. I acted like a d!ck...

For what it is worth I am truly sorry to anyone that was affected by my behavior.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Apologies for a noob question... Apr 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Apologies, I don't mean to be demanding Sep 7, 2017
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4 Enduro Club - New solo driver endurance racing community Apr 22, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room Who want to join our community? Apr 1, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACC PS4 PS5 soon PC - 10tenths Racing Community - New Season Jul 30, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Any community 24 hours of spa? Feb 21, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Simrace.pl community - 8 Hours of Bathurst - 05.03.2022 Feb 17, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EGT Canada - Great racing and a superb community Feb 9, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PLR - Pro League Racing community, new season starts in January! Dec 2, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room 10Tenth's Racing Community. Aug 26, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room german speaking community? Jul 7, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room oNiD Community Racing - MX5 Cup League [simracing.gp] Jun 9, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room oNiD Community Racing - Championships and One-Off Events on SRGP (NA & EU) Apr 30, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions CONSOLES COMMUNITY UPDATE: FEBRUARY 3RD, 2021 Feb 8, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Lets make a causal racing league/group/community Jan 6, 2021

3. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

All you have to do is recenter correctly the picture of your avatar, and we are all fine. :p

4. ignission

ignission Simracer

^^ This was what bothered me the most. o_O

5. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

What's wrong with his avatar?

6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

See post #2

7. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Don't let the rats break you, Winston ;)

bondyboy likes this.
  8. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Wow, not often you see any kind of apology on the internet, nice one. Good look with your new arrival.

9. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I do appreciate your honesty, but I don't think an apology was required.

Coanda, doamf, mr Switchblade and 5 others like this.
  10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Take it easy, m8.

Coanda likes this.
  11. Rudski

Rudski Alien

You asked this question in another thread but I thought instead of hijacking it I would reply here. You asked earlier, why does a hospital want to give my new born baby a Hep-B shot, when the mother and father were tested and show negative?

The reason is simple, the time an adult is exposed to Hepatitis-B and the time it can be detected in a test is four weeks. Even though the mother might have been tested there is no way to ensure that she wasn't recently infected and it's best to give the new baby a vaccination shot. If a baby contracts Hep-B at birth the virus can cause long term liver disease such as Cirrhosis.

Coanda, AurusCE and Radfahrer like this.
  12. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

And then you have the balls to go and apologise .
    Eh, no worries, Coanda, we all need to vent from time to time .
    By the way, are you a musical man ?
    If yea, check this out (helped me a bit of the way battling sleeping disorder) maybe it helps you too .

Coanda and Son like this.
  13. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Never apologies
    Let the world feel the whole weight of who you are, let them deal with it
    -- John Eldreidge

14. Turk

Turk Alien

That quote wouldn't go down to well in a court.

After_Midnight and tjr like this.
  15. 1nProgress

1nProgress Rookie

Thank you so much for posting this ^. Having the humility to share your story alongside being self-reflective is a beautiful thing.

All the best with your health and new life journey with the baby!

Coanda and tjr like this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for the supportive comments :):cool:

Yes & no. I am hopeful to one day fulfill a childhood dream and learn how to play the drums. e-drums for my current environment will hopefully make that a reality however like many high end luxury items cash plays a important part in our decisions. Thank you, I do appreciate the link. To be honest I have battled on & off with insomnia for most of my adult life. It is not enjoyable when it kicks in hard. Over the years I have tried a few tricks to lessen the blow and music therapy has been one of them. Mainly pure isochronic & binaural tones. I have also tried adjusting household lighting temperatures, limiting screen time (previously not easy being a coder), natural supplements, herbal teas, evening time dietary changes which are counterproductive to my fitness needs, exercise, more nature time, reading and also meditation. I find daily deep long meditation coupled with isochronic or binaural tones works best for me however these days I can not always fit this into my daily routine for whatever reason. Thyroxine medication is not helping my cause at the moment however maybe too much ACC is the real problem here :p

Thank you for the kind words. I also believe self reflection is a good thing. Maybe I can be accused of too much self reflection at times. I guess life is about finding that balance. Humility, whilst I thought I had some, after living in a 3rd world country for almost 5 years I quickly received a dose of reality and was shown what real humility is. Unlearning my western ways has been a real journey and work in progress.

Thank you for taking the time to write your explanation. I do understand your point & I understand Cirrhosis of the liver. Someone very close to me has this disease. The mother & I have been house potatoes for a few months now and we are not into needle sharing, swapping sexual partners (well as far as I know :D) and not fulfilling any midnight vampire cravings therefore I am fairly confident this will not be an issue day 1. If need be I would prefer not to further agitate our baby just minutes after it is born with a 3rd shot. The 5/6 in 1 vaccine which includes hep-b is scheduled at 1/12 months of age.

If you are happy to keep this civil dialog going I am also curious about what your thoughts are on the criticism given to the 10.4 mg of Propylene Glycol & 10 mg of Polysorbate-80 found within the 1 mg Vitamin K shot given at birth? Are those numbers correct? According to https://scienceofmom.com/2015/11/09/are-the-ingredients-in-the-newborn-vitamin-k-shot-safe/ they are... Polysorbate-80 pops up in most vaccines and has some criticism that it may contain residual amounts of Ethyelyn oxide & 1,4-Dioxine and that it crosses the BBB (blood brain barrier). This is where I am confused by the following statement:-

Source:- https://scientistabe.wordpress.com/tag/polysorbate-80/
    "If we go back to the manure anti-vaxxers say, the amount injected via vaccines is enough to cause a barrier opening. According to John Hopkins University Institute of Vaccine Safety (http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/components-DTaP.htm), the expected concentration of polysorbate is lesser or equal to 100mcg or micrograms. Thats 0.1mg per dose. If we assume such dose is injected to a newborn (average weight ~3 kgs), then the amount injected is about 0.033mg/kg. Thats 2700 times less than what has been reported to induce a BBB disruption."

Which source is correct? Is it 10.4 mg or 0.1 mg per dose?

Others have criticized P-80 links to HPV, HCG vaccines and sterilization of women or increased chances of abortions mid term, particularly in 3rd word countries which I now live. Public voices and some doctors have also suggested tetanus vaccines were used and contained HCG vaccines (see next statement).

"What really raised red flags about this so-called tetanus vaccine was the highly unusual inoculation schedule. This vaccine demanded five shots over two years -- a schedule that isn't used for tetanus.
    "The only time tetanus vaccine has been given in five doses is when it is used as a carrier in fertility regulating vaccines laced with the pregnancy hormone, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) developed by WHO in 1992." explained Dr. Ngare.
    Furthermore, the vaccine was only being given to women of child-bearing years, not men or women beyond the age of fertility.
    As Dr. Ngare explains, the same vaccine sterilization campaign was used in 1993 in Mexico and both Nicaragua and the Philippines in 1994. WHO attempted to bring it to Kenya in the 1990's, Ngare says, but the effort was stopped by the Catholic Church.
    According to Brian Clowes of Human Life International, the United Nations is not refuting the laboratory testing and confirmation of HCG in the vaccines. Instead, it claims some vaccines were "contaminated" in the manufacturing process -- an absurd claim that no reasonable person would believe because HCG should never even be anywhere near a vaccine manufacturing operation unless someone put it there deliberately."

Here are some interesting studies in humans & rats:-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?orig_db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=Food+Chem+Toxicol+[Jour]+AND+183[page]+AND+1993[pdat]

https://www.fasebj.org/doi/abs/10.1...ce&volume=7&maxtoshow=&andorexacttitleabs=and

I understand Propylene Glycol is very much another hot topic as it is found in the anti-freeze of car radiators. Yes it is found in many processed foods (which I avoid), alcohol, some ice-creams and cosmetics (which I avoid, except for Saturday night :D) and is not it's more toxic cousin Ethelyn Glycol which is more problematic for internal organs. The FDA (which you already know I do not trust) has this listed as "generally safe for consumption". From what I know the laws in Europe are tighter on the amounts that can be used in foods and alcohol. What are your thoughts?

I believe an oral non synthetic Vitamin K only alternative can be given over the first few weeks of birth however it maybe less effective depending on sources you read and it is not always readily available depending on where you live and the mother may not qualify for it depending on her pharma drug routine.

As always no baiting, I just want to receive different peoples perspectives, links and science before we make our difficult decisions because depending on the pediatrician we have seen there is also some varying information given.

Anyway, ironically Mercury once said... "The show must go on!..." Back to ACC!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019