1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Better communication on steam forums

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by john oliver, Apr 2, 2019.

1. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

at least let people know at what stage the game is, got people crying about missed v1 release.
    but no word from the devs ever on steam.

bad
    communication give kunos a bad rep

Raklödder likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is the PS5 version better? Jun 20, 2023
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC in VR, better Win10 or Win11? Dec 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions AC was better Acc Apr 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Better Driver Rating System for ACC [Seriously, stop] Nov 23, 2021
    ACC Tools For those who want better FFB! Sep 25, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Which is better? T-LCM and Simgear loadcell kit Dec 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I have Series X , now is better ACC ? Nov 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Better frame rate since GT4 pack loaded? Sep 18, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Which is better, dedicated button box or multi-func. wheel hub? Aug 31, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer if xbox gets pages and pages of official servers why can't pc use more for better organised racing? Aug 9, 2020

3. Adastros

Adastros Racer

you try to summon locker pankykapus or what?

4. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

?

5. Adastros

Adastros Racer

he will lock your thread

6. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

that will just confirm bad coms from kunos.
    i for one don't mind delays but if you take a look at steam forums it's in an outrage lol

7. Adastros

Adastros Racer

OK maybe you're right, idk but don't build hate, build hype:D

8. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

i'm not trying to build hate, just giving the devs a heads up. they really need to talk to their buyers on steam.

9. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I have noticed all the bad post's going on over there as well lol.

10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

People acting as children, it's not a big deal.. We are only the 2 April.
    It's little crazy.

I'm sure now that Kunos will comminucate very soon with all these post :eek:

LATE4APEX likes this.
  11. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

it's threads like this popping up all over the place
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/805550/discussions/0/1769259642879387005/
    all kunos have to do is pop on the steam forum and say a few words to assure people, but they don't.

it's not very professional behavior from both sides

BlueMind likes this.
  12. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I was surprised by the high level of engagement during v6, but now it's just radio silence.

13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Radio silence is a good thing :)

14. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

I don´t want to censor free speech, but whining about 1.0 is really not helping. The same thing happened when 0.6 was delayed, and how did that ended? Well, pissed developers, bad mood in the forums and blocked/eliminated threads. Do you want that to happen again? Not me, at least, I can tell you that.

I´m the first guy who is hyped about the final release but constantly seeing threads with people discussing why or why not we have news from Kunos is quite boring already. Ok, their communication strategy may not be the best, but with two companies such as 505 games and the SRO behind the game, it´s most probably not Kuno´s fault at all. We all know that these guys are working very hard with ACC, and at the end, they´ll deliver. Therefore, wait, be patient. After the delay of v0.6, it was almost impossible to have the game released on time, given the ammount of code that had to be rewritten.

This said, you can keep complaining if you what, but not me. I´ll just keep enjoying the game as it is right now. It may not be perfect, but I´m having the time of my life with it. Thanks.

LATE4APEX and chksix like this.
  15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Also steam forums dont need better communication because every since thread and you can check it yourself. Is negative and all the positive stuff gets no replies people there just want to ****-talk the game. So there is no point of even trying to moderate steam people there can be lucky their threads show up on main page and devs are not censoring them as some other do... and put the general topics on other page and barelly anybody see them

LATE4APEX and carlossanchez97 like this.
  16. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

hi guys, in the last week end i was on a track day in italy with my 911 and there was a stand of AK informatica with AC for people willing to play it.I spoke with the guy asking info about ACC release(they are kunos partner) and he told me there are about other 3 releases with new circuit and cars before the final release. He told me the final release could be in summer.This is what i was told and i share it with you.

trutya, mikendrix, LATE4APEX and 6 others like this.
  17. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

To me, that is fine if that is the case, I would be happy with that.
    But I would rather hear it straight from the horses mouth, rather than having to rely on someone who has heard it from someone else, who (probably) in turn heard it from someone else.

trutya likes this.
  18. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Nah, I can't imagine the Live Event to be held on EA version...

19. Turk

Turk Alien

Do people really use steam forums? I've been using steam for a long time and would never go into those forums or value the reviews. Like how many people would Kunos be speaking too?

The bottom line is Kunos investing time in Facebook, twitters and the whatsitcalled app is going to reach much more people and have much better return than arguing with disgruntled customers on steam.

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Gladly it's not always about returns. I'm on the steam forums quite frequently, and tend to contribute (if I have something to contribute, which is not always the case).
    But ya, it's one of the less pleasuring experiences sometimes ;)

Adastros, Turk and carlossanchez97 like this.
  21. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

i'm mot complaining i am just pointing out the issue caused by a lack of dev communication. i don't care if the game is delayed, it needs it.