1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Some car dashboards have temperature shown.
    And you can see temperature colours and not actual temp. numbers On hud app

2. Arckeron

Arckeron Rookie

Hi,
    is there some solution to have the rake value ?

3. Borbor

Borbor Racer

first fiind out what the susp travel is when you're sitting either in the pits or prior to moving at the hot lap

Ride height channel is this expression in motec (assuming bump is positive):

'Excel Ride Height FL' - ( 'Susp Travel FL' - 'Excel Damper Zero')

so if statically your ride height is 55, and your zero position at rest is 14mm (for example), and under braking it moves to 21mm, net it's a 7mm compression. Thus making your FL height to be 48mm

Do that for all four corners of the car and then simply average FL and FR to get the front, RL and RR to get the rear. Avg Rear - Avg Front is your rake.

Brado23 likes this.
  4. hi, can you explain how to create the ride height channel?

5. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Which of my post above are you having problems with

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6. [QUOTE = "Borbor, post: 1034598, membro: 107490"] per prima cosa scopri che cosa è il viaggio del sosp quando sei seduto ai box o prima di muoverti al giro caldo

Il canale di altezza del giro è questa espressione in motec (supponendo che l'urto sia positivo):

'Excel Ride Height FL' ('Susp Travel FL' - 'Excel Damper Zero')

quindi se staticamente la tua altezza di marcia è 55, e la tua posizione zero a riposo è 14mm (per esempio), e in frenata si sposta a 21mm, al netto è una compressione di 7mm. Così facendo la tua altezza FL sarà di 48mm

Fallo per tutti e quattro gli angoli della macchina e poi semplicemente la media FL e FR per ottenere la parte anteriore, RL e RR per ottenere la retroguardia. Avg Rear - Avg Front è il tuo rake. [/ QUOTE]

with this post

7. Borbor

Borbor Racer

8. [QUOTE = "Borbor, post: 1034606, member: 107490"] lettura pre-requisito:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-tricks-to-make-it-easier-to-use-motec.55706/

Spiego il concetto dei canali "excel" qui.

dopo aver ottenuto il foglio di installazione, è necessario andare all'editor matematico (ctrl-m) per iniziare a scrivere i propri canali. [/ QUOTE]

very interesting, but I don't find the vehicle id to go to change in the motec folder

AzuosCruz likes this.
  9. Borbor

Borbor Racer

[​IMG]

lower left button

10. You're right and I can totally understand how it sounds like I say the curves themselves are homologated.

When I said the curves are homologated, I should have said the specification of the dampers' parts. Without changing those, there isn't any possibility for a drastic change in damper curve other than the built in adjusters. My mistake.

11. Borbor

Borbor Racer

But that's the thing. The internals are not in the homologation docs. You can't change the curves without changing the shims and piston.

12. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Like the direct implementation of a MoTec Interface - but the limitation to max. 30 laps should be removed. Anyone who can handle/interpret telemetry data will be able to keep track with regard to available disk space as well ;-)

13. niuqudejuqi

niuqudejuqi Rookie

I just have z1dashboard and it can't support by acc
    So i haven't read the type temperature once

14. JKI

JKI Gamer

Is it planned to implement live motec telemetry for the current available channels? :)

15. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Just a question to Aris: can be taken in consideration a suggestion to implement a GPS position channel in Motec?. In AC1 with the acti pluggin it was really usefull, because you could compare the lines of two laps. It was pretty easy to identify wich line was the optimal at every corner. Can be possible to add 4 channels with IMO temps of the surface of the tyres or this info is also locked under an NDA?.

I experencied sometimes that two laps from different sessions don't match distance. I mean, it is like if one of the session data had an offset in the lap distance axis. If you review a breaking point in T1 the breaking point has an offset, in T2 happens the same in the same amount, in T3, T4... always by the same amount. I know that I can manually put an offset to a lap, but it becomes a nuisance after a while. Sometimes it even shows that I'm braking where I know for sure that I was with 100% trottle pedal position. A possible bug?.

seb 6th gear likes this.
  16. Is it possible for the data files to be saved when you return to the pits, rather than at the end of the session? Currently, the data cant be analysed mid-session to determine if the car is improving or is worse or to determine what to improve on the car without quitting the entire session. Which makes practice a little redundant, other than driving around in circles hoping for the best.

17. Borbor

Borbor Racer

You can compare the lines of two laps using corner radius

18. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Please explain how. The closest I can think is comparing steering positions, but even that won't tell the true story having in mind the slip angles and the variation of grip with speed. Maybe something can be done to know the position of the car using both lateral and longitudinal G and elapsed time and using the start of the lap as the (0, 0) coordinate, but it must be very convoluted way to do something that a dev can do with the addition of a single channel.

19. Borbor

Borbor Racer

You use the channel's inverse. It's clear as day after that. How early / late the turn in is, where the Apex is, whether it's a tighter line or not.

20. Borbor

Borbor Racer

looks like this in a real world sample. two different drivers, two different lines (obviously different results). You can see how the two people take a different approach to the corner. Black turns it in later, sharper and has a later apex than red; and the red has an overall wider arc.
    [​IMG]