1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Thought may be good to have a central topic about the new dynamic weather maybe settings or presets you've found work or are just fun.

There's seems to be many variations and lot of testing etc.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Always thunderstorms With dynamic weather settings May 8, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Online Servers with mandatory pitstops and dynamic weather? Apr 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Does your league use Dynamic Weather? Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.1.1]Championship not using dynamic weather and track? Oct 28, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Dynamic weather and AI strategies? Jun 17, 2019
    ACC User Interface 1.0.2 - struggle with dynamic weather AND random track conditions Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Dynamic Weather Logic Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Variability in dynamic weather always gives the same result Apr 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Storm weather and dynamic setting? Mar 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Dynamic weather / condition changes dont work and cause chaos. Jun 11, 2017
    Suggestions Dynamic weather Aug 12, 2015
    General modding discussion Shadow (not supposed) dynamic rendering Feb 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Not so Dynamic track Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dynamic resolution scaling Jul 16, 2020

3. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Adding to this, what the first hotfix will address is the lack of proper rain probability when cloud levels are high but the starting track is set up dry.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

The only setting I have used so far is using clear with a 100% variability in custom event, rain will appear in a session along the route, been running it at x12 and x24 at the Nurburgring would be really good but the AI don't like T1 in the wet.
    Tried using the Custom setting which through all the session the weather never changed, also I used the standing water on track at 10/15% which over 2 session never disappeared, which I find odd.

5. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I didn't tried 0.7 yet but what is concerning me is that on the video below when the guy is driving at the drying looks like the car is rising a considerable amont of water spray (see the last minute).
    Is the spray effect already tune up with the amont water layer on a particular track spot?
    I think it was at previous versions. But again I may be missing something, maybe it's a fresh dry line. Anyway the amont of water that rear tyres are drainning looks a little off.

6. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Temperatures i think should can go to 0° c and for now 10° c is the minimun limit. 40° as a max temp is ok for europe but 10° think is a bit to high.

In any case great implementation of dinamic weather and setting new standarts for simulation.

7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Can the temps be set to random or do you have to designate a predetermined value?

8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Keep in mind we simulate the weather that you can found on the tracks when the series is visiting.
    Sure you can find -10°C at the nurburgring, but not when the Blancpain is visiting.
    Why we don't give a wider range? The tyres (the real ones we simulate) are manufactured to work in a big temp range, but not extreme.

9. admix

admix Gamer

@Aristotelis
    Let's say the sky is cloudy but it hasn't rained yet. Does the dynamic weather, regarding the transaction from dry to intense rain, have a precise transaction that goes from dry, light rain, heavy rain and then monsoon, or can it happen that from the cloudy sky and dry track you pass in a matter of a minute to an intense rain without intemediate stages (as often happens in reality)? In other words, can it happen to be surprised by an intense rain without first having a warning to light drops of rain?

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Practically, yes. Though intense rain requires some serious cloudlevels, but yes it's possible.

Being more precise: I don't understand the question. Appearantly you think in weather card slots, or something like that?
    I suggest to have a look at the rain graphs in this post: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...rating-multiplayer-esports-event-notes.55894/

You see the gradients of dry -> rain are very different based on both the variability and the roll of a dice. The slope will linearily increase with the time multiplier, and higher variability settings can (and will) cause almost binary clear - thunderstorm conditions. So yes, the weather system can make a sharp transition within a few seconds, if that answers the question. The probability to see this is another story, except you really overdo the settings.

11. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

First of all, congrats for the update, it is just awesome.

Now a question about the dynamic weather that I believe hasn't been asked/answered. Is it possible that we have light rain in a part of the circuit while the other one is still dry?

andrea.chiovato, Kopiller and mms like this.
  12. Aristotelis

No.

Tim Meuris, R. Iván, Dookie and 3 others like this.
  13. mms

mms Alien

Is this something planned for the future? Just asking, I'm fine with both possible answers ;)

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  14. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

But will it be possible? Not necessary at all but nice if not too much complicated to do or too much to handle

EDIT: Ninja'd lol delete this if you want

15. Aristotelis

I don’t have the answer to that guys sorry. I know I would love to but right now as you can see from the changelog we are really trying hard to make ACC a great game and there plenty to do.
    Work won’t stop with v1.0 so... who knows but that’s not a promise

16. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

Thank you very much for the honest answer, you guys are doing an awesome job. congratulate everyone in the office from all of us please!.

17. mms

mms Alien

Thanks for the answer, appreciate it. It would be a cherry on the top of the cake, but I'm already unable to handle the dynamic weather, so I can live without it :D

18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

It's great because it's exactly what happened to me yesterday on my first try on a costum race weekend. With these kind of settings I saw no changes.

19. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I have a proposal @Aristotelis , why not have another option in the weather, RANDOM, so you will not know what to expect (for no matter which type of game mode)?
    I mean Random Dynamic of course.

20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Random. Would take all predictability away making it authentic

Ignacio Prieto and its.me like this.
  21. Yes 100000+

Ignacio Prieto likes this.