1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ECU maps implementation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. corey.rogers

corey.rogers Gamer

Hi, great work on ACC. Can we get an update on this thread for the Nissans?

Thanks.

Kopiller, Mydriaz and PiretSS2000 like this.
  2. FramedOne

FramedOne Rookie

The same request here: what are the wet ecu maps for the GTR?

The wet race we did at Monza with 24h simulation might be the best thing ever. 0.6 has made a world of difference.

MathMilitary likes this.
  3. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

Not sure why, but it looks like running out of fuel in the end of a reace is becoming a habbit for me recently.
    The time to calculate the amount of fuel is also sometimes short and I had quite often the situation where everybody is already starting and I am still in the setup screen doing the math.
    However, usually when I realize that I am not gonna make it, it is already to late but nevertheless I am trying to fiddle around with the ECU mapping.

As this is not equal for all cars, I thought it might be good to have some sort of printed quick reference.
    For those who find this also helpful please feel free to use it.

Attached Files:

Andy_Yorks, Thx1137, Elneidar and 6 others like this.
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

@Aristotelis could you please update first post with the nissan's ECU maps? Also.. i know they are probablly similar hut would be nice to know

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Updated Nissans, sorry for the delay... very VERY busy days.

Madsen, Dookie, chksix and 4 others like this.
  6. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Did some testing and seems that ECU map setting has very little effect on fuel consumption. Much better results by changing driving style :)

7. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

Nissan got added to the quick reference.

Attached Files:

8. Nox

Nox Racer

@Aristotelis Will the ECU maps be displayed graphically in the setup menu in the future, as ABS and TC?

l.g Nox

9. corey.rogers

corey.rogers Gamer

Thanks

10. No wet maps for the gtr?

11. Agentep97

Agentep97 Rookie

That's awesome!

12. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

I would use ECU Map 3 - 4 in the rain for the Nissan

13. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

so today I played a little bit with ECU map on a 30 minutes MP race at Nurburgring (dry conditions )
    I used std setup which comes with 60 Ltrs.
    Not knowing if I could finish the race I started with engine map 3 from the back of the grid.
    During the race I switched to 2 in order to get closer to cars in front of me and then map 1 when there where 5 minutes left.

I am questioning if what I did makes sense or is the better setting map 1 and put 10 litres more on the car.
    Despite being correct or not, it was quite immersive playing with the ecu mapping.

Maybe it does not make any sense in a short race like 30 minutes.

what are your thoughts?

I would imagine also that the engineer suggests the pilot which map to use depending on the race scenario or are them on their own?

Tim Meuris, PiretSS2000 and fnegroni like this.
  14. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Unless we get a engineer that covers all of this, I think that your approach is good enough. Need to save fuel? Lower ECU map of the dry/wet depending on conditions. Trying to do normal race pace? Map 2 or maybe 3 if the car has a lot of maps. Want to overtake or put a gap behind you? Map 1 all the way.

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

i guess in sprint races (no refuelling) it's adviced to put more fuel onboard and use map 1, in endurance races you can spare fuel with lower mappings when you are stuck behind slower cars, (or if you have enough gap to the car behind you) and you can gain the position in the pitlane with shorter refuelling

Tim Meuris and JamesHants like this.
  16. Aristotelis

BUMP!
    First post updated with all new information about ECU and throttle maps.

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Pace Car map, is it new? (perhaps I didn’t noticed before), and will there be a pace car? (mandatory question :D)

18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Good stuff! Might also be worth fixing the typos under the Ferrari maps - in the 5-8 wet-map section, it still lists them as 1,2,3,4 ;)
    Edit: oh, I now realise the Jag and Mclaren have the same issue :D

19. Aristotelis

Yes I'm an idiot! :oops:
    Thanks for finding out m8 :)

Neilski likes this.
  20. trutya

trutya Simracer

it was there earlier too ;)

Luis Branco likes this.