1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VoiceAttack Software Review

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Coanda, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For those who are not aware of this software I would like to share my experience using it. I have been using VA for a few months now and I have to say it is a really nice add-on to sim racing. It's easy to setup and also particularly handy for GPAD users that are either bound by the current ACC button mapping limitations or hardware that does not have enough buttons for binds. VA simply works by voice commands and you have a lot of freedom for what you want to do once those commands are recognised. I use this software with F1 2018 with 100% success on call commands. Currently in ACC my call commands are 90%-95% successful. I have made some tuning adjustments to the settings + pause delays between each step. It's great as it allows you to concentrate more on driving rather than finding buttons. I have not tried VR however I think this would also benefit them a lot.

I am not associated with this software in anyway. You can pick it up cheap on steam.

As example here is my current ACC profile.

va.jpg

2. TDS

TDS Alien

can you send me your acc config file please?
    Thanks !

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Sure thing. File attached :)

Attached Files:

mr Switchblade, Pheebau and TDS like this.
  4. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I use it for DCS, but strictly for comms. It would be great in ACC to tell the pit crew what tyres and how much fuel you wanted before pitting, but I doubt that would be made possible.

chksix, TDS and earlyapex like this.
  5. Fabrice77

Fabrice77 Rookie

This is exactly what I was thinking of. I use VA with x-plane to talk to my virtual copilot, and it would be great to be able to communicate with the pit in ACC. If an interface to configure the pitstop using keys is available, it should be doable.

AurusCE, Coanda and mms like this.
  6. Pheebau

Pheebau Gamer

Thank you @Coanda
    Will be particularly useful for VR

Am using Crew Chief as a chief and spotter software in other sims - hope they make it available on ACC (currently works in AC)

XettMan, Arlo, Coanda and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Good tip!
    have used voice in simracing before
    in VR cant even type sorry :) so this will be great

Coanda likes this.
  8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Guess Kimi's VA did'nt quite work...

Yeah it's old, but still funny :D

issor, SYBER1AN, ShredatorFIN and 3 others like this.
  9. max21

max21 Racer

@Coanda

Thank you so much for the suggestion!
    I will definitely try it with VR.

max

Coanda likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

My new VoiceAttack ACC v2 profile

Attached Files:

Pheebau, Ciccina2016 and TDS like this.
  11. Coanda likes this.
  12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Could this also be a workaround for the MFD, which doesn’t work in VR yet, to manage and prepare pitstops (fuel, change tires...)?

KillZoneGB likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't know. Can you bring up the MFD menu at all in VR?

14. Y22 Rydr

Y22 Rydr Rookie

If you map a button, yes. In VR you can’t navigate it (or at least I have not figured out a way)

15. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

The MFD is the new menu in the bottom left ?
    If so it's yes, in VR we can switch the different menus : leaderboards, electronics etc, but we can't interact with any setting (or I didn't find how to do it).

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@mikendrix & @Y22 Rydr - According to the v0.7 change log. I don't like your chances getting around it and I don't have VR to test it for you. Sorry guys...

"NOTE: the MFD navigation in VR is not yet functional, thank you for your patience."

mikendrix and Y22 Rydr like this.
  17. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Thanx !

18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Voice commands in VR would be realistic and awesome. Like calling the pit crew and telling them what they need to do over the radio.

MerlinCooper likes this.
  19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

These voices softwares work with shortcuts, buttons, keys etc
    But if the commands are in the MFD, how could it be set ?

Maybe a voice command to switch the MFD panels ?
    Then use voice commands for the arrow keys ?
    Something like :
    "MFD" "MFD" (until the panel we want)
    Then :
    "down" "down" "right" "right"
    "down" "down" "left" ... etc ?

It would be tedious, I would prefer the Dpad of my G27

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  20. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I was thinking more of a direct access to commands via voice. "Pitstop, tyres, repair suspension" or "Pitstop, wet tyres, wet setup".

Arlo likes this.