1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car and setup discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by JnJ | Rayleigh, Apr 6, 2019.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Hey guys,

I couldn't find a thread where we can discuss cars, car behaviour and also setups, so this thread is for this exact purpose.

I'd already like to start with something that I don't get my head around. I drove a lot at Zolder (Kunos official server) so I have some practise on this track. I can get 1:27:xxx with the Lambo but with the 488 the best I seem to be able to do is a 1:29:xxx. The weird thing is that the 488 feels so much faster and more agile. Since there aren't long straights the Lambo shouldn't have a big advantage concerning its top speed. So where is that coming from? Anyone else experiencing anything like that?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes after loading saved car setup Jul 15, 2022
    ACC User Interface car setup screen May 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Patch 1.7.10 and Car setups from CDA Mar 25, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Tyre Set Won't Apply To Car In Setup [User error] Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Frustrating: Bad saved setups moving from qual to race in career mode May 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Zolder car setup Apr 5, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.7.6 setup loading crash car Mar 8, 2021
    ACC User Interface option to have a personal saved setup for a specific car Jan 6, 2021

3. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

What’s the current setup for each?

4. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Standard aggressive

5. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Have you loaded the MoTeC telemetry for each? Can you see at what speed you enter the corner before the longest straight?

6. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Nah, I haven't done exact analysis yet. The problem with MoTec is, that you can't overlay laps from different cars afaik :/

7. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

But you can take note of the entry and exit speed: if the speed of entry with the lambo is lower but the max speed is higher, you can tell there’s a performance difference there. So use the MoTeC to take notes. Then compare the notes. Then go out there and see if a different line gives you a higher speed.

In iRacing the ‘lap comparison’ widget gives you ‘splits’. In MoTeC you can create your own splits: start with the split where the longest straight is: that will give you the biggest gain

Pheebau likes this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The F488 is a VERY fast car, but there's a trap. It feels "easy" and fast and can get abuse. The driver, tends to take it for granted and indeed it will do acceptable laps even if you don't stay 100 focused.
    The Lambo on the other hand, demands your full commitment. It is fast, but only if you drive it properly fast.

So, focus on the F488, it's a prototype. Work on your mid corner speed. Brake maybe a little sooner, go in in coast and go on the gas as soon as possible. You certainly think "yeah thanks a lot, I know all of that", but start focusing on the basics and you'll find out that the F488 has more to deliver and you where probably taking it for granted because... hey it's fast and easy.
    Finally remember, just because the F488 can be very point but easy to control, doesn't mean that this kind of driving or setup is fast. A bit of understeer and traction, gains you tons of time with these cars.

baguisand, cooknn, doamf and 4 others like this.
  9. Borbor

Borbor Racer

You can overlap in motec

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

10. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

How?

11. iVG

iVG Alien

Good point. Think people don't realise that ACC is a lot less about hotlapping than it is about consistency and sustained pace over a period of time. I personally found the 488 being the most 'in my spirit' car. Think my best lap on Zolder is high 27s or low 28s but as I said, I never focused on pure lap time with how I set the car up. I instead focused on consistent pace because who needs a real fast lap followed by a 'binned it in the sand trap' on a 30 mins race? Yeah, nobody.
    Here's what I've got, give it a try if you want:

https://ufile.io/vp1bs

Just make sure you drop it in the right folder in Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Setups\ferrari_488_gt3\Zolder

12. Borbor

Borbor Racer

What do you mean how. You open two data files, go to the data tab on the side and pick on as your reference and choose the other as #2 in black.

13. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Actually I also rather focus on consistency which I find much harder than getting ONE really good lap. But still you don't want to be consistently slow and at least for the quali session and taking into account the starting procedure it's not that worst thing if you can hit a very good lap ;)

I'm gonna give that setup a try, thanks. I'm not that much into setups because I get frustrated pretty fast since often I don't really feel a change :/

I might have a look at what you mean later but afaik you can only open the data of one car at a time

14. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Yup, sure

15. iVG

iVG Alien

It's not slow by any stretch of the imagination. Can still get pole with it 8 times out of 10 on a decent server. What's funny is when I get beat to the pole, the guy usually runs lambo with very aggressive setup. Spins after a laps or two on the high curbs. Fun to watch. You can definitely tell when someone is running very aggressive. Did an hour race in Monza last night and my tyre pressure were within .3 of each other and tyre degradation was within 1mm of IMO. Was doing 49s with 100l of fuel and down to 47- low 48 with less fuel and worn tyres. Tyres had at least another 30 mins left on them.

Coanda likes this.
  16. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

On what @iVG says, I'll add that you need a setup that has a balanced tyre degradation. For example, if you start with a oversteery setup on the lambo, you'll be very fast for the initial 5-10 laps assuming you can handle it, but as the race go on, the rear weight bias car will wear the rear tyres more and more, making the setup more and more oversteery.

zeva, Coanda, iVG and 1 other person like this.
  17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Generally there seems to be people that favour out-and-out speed over consistency. They are rarely making through any length race without wiping out. Consistency is king (to a point).

18. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Tried your setup and I'm 4 tenths faster. But I can't tell if this is really thanks to the setup or me getting used to the track more and more x). I managed a 1:29:1 so pretty close to 1:28:xxx. I noticed that I struggle at the exits of corners, especially the last chicane and the turn before (not only with your setup rather with the 488 altogether). It's like my rear has absolutly no weight and either I have a very slow and stable exit or if I hit the gas a little harder, TC kicks in and makes me having a bad exit or I even have to countersteer which ofc results in a bad exit.
    It's very likely if not sure that I'm doing something wrong but especially the BMW feels so much easier to get good times with than the 488 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. iVG

iVG Alien

It's the nature of the mid engined car. Moment of inertia is very different to a front engine car. But if you keep going you may find another few tenths on that track. Once you're under 29s you are quite quick I would say. There's not much to be found under 28.5 on zolder. There is but not much.

20. iVG

iVG Alien

Forgot to say you can ride the curbs pretty comfortably through the last chicane with my setup. Putting a wheel up on each curb give up to 2-3 tenths.

21. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Yea that is pretty much my initial approach. Maybe im not sensitive enough with the gas pedal :confused:
    I'll keep trying anyway :)

Also thx to @Aristotelis for the tips :)