1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VoiceAttack Software Review

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Coanda, Mar 21, 2019.

1. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

So the D-pad doesn’t work in VR? Sorry I just was wondering cause yeah that is a major pain if that’s the case, but I know Kunos will fix it

2. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

DPad works in VR but not for selecting options on the MFD. But they told they are working on it.

3. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

That would be great of course, but how would it be possible since MFD options are selected from the arrow keys ?

4. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

It would probably only work if Kunos opened up access to the datarefs for each control in game.

mikendrix likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I do something similar in F1 2018 however you can call this via a single voice command as a lengthy macro can be recorded with all the actions required. For example you could make one voice command to add 1 PSI to all 4 tyres for the next pitstop. First you always tell the macro to go to the first MFD page as a reference point so then it knows how many pages to change to find the appropriate pit strategy page. From there it would be a case of programing in each directional movements to make that PSI change to each tyre. You could then have multiple call the commands like "All Tyre Pressures Up One", "All Tyre Pressures Up Two", "All Tyre Pressures Down One" etc... Another good one to do is have a command "Add Fuel 10" or "Add Fuel 40" this way you would not have to use the d-pad to push 40 times to the right whilst driving. I currently have one that does large brake bias increases & decreases which works fairly well. I haven't programed the MFD as of yet however I will play around with it to see what I can do. If I get some meaningful call I will drop you guys a v3 profile file.

eracerhead, chksix and Pheebau like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I've just been chatting with the VA developer on steam. VA currently allows macros to be written via a controller button press however it does not allow a controller button to be activated via a voice command. Currently only keyboard & mouse functions can be activated by voice however he say there is an in depth workaround if you follow this guide:- https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=463.0

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Actually that part might be difficult the way the current MFD is setup in ACC.

8. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Anything is possible, if I get ACC,(to see how it works) then I`ll have butchers at programming VA.
    I use it for Elite Dangerous, with star wars samples playing after when I`m issuing commands.

chksix, Mike1304 and Arlo like this.
  9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Now that ACC supports keyboard assignment I assume there is no need for this workaround anymore?

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

As I am waiting on a replacement wheel I still find great value with VA as I cannot map every function to the GPAD and I would prefer not trying to go hunting for keys whilst driving...

11. Whitestar

I just meant that instead of trying to map a voice command to a controller button (using the workaround), can't you just map the voice command directly to a keyboard key instead? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to achieve. :)

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For example I have all TC, ABS, ECU, Lights, Wipers, Ignition, Motec Display changes mapped ti voice commands... When I get my hands on the new fanatec F1 V2 wheel UI will be able to map a lot of these functions to the wheel.

13. Whitestar

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have a blown CSW v2 and waiting a DD2 so in the meantime I am using a xBox One elite GPAD. I have a BMW GT2 and Clubsport GT wheel rim and I am looking to buy this wheel rim....

[​IMG]

Sorry matey you have lost me on the POV GPAD comment...?

15. Whitestar

Ah, I see what you mean now.

When you say "I cannot map every function to the GPAD" you just meant that there simply isn't enough buttons on the controller (i.e. you need more buttons).
    I misunderstood and thought there were some specific functions that you weren't able to map. :)

Just disregard the wheel comment. I somehow missed the word "Blown" in your sig and thought you were using an Elite P1 wheel with your CSW v2 wheel base.

Coanda likes this.
  16. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

@Whitestar VoiceAttack still has tremendous value in VR, when you can’t see the keyboard. Esp. for chat, complicated pit choices etc.

Pheebau, Whitestar and Coanda like this.
  17. Whitestar

Of course it has. Who says it hasn't? :) I use it myself in ACC and several other games and it's brilliant.

I suspect what prompted your comment is that you may have misinterpreted (or I wasn't clear) my initial comment:
    With "this workaround" I wasn't referring to VoiceAttack but the workaround that Coanda posts about.

As in:
    [​IMG]

:)

eracerhead likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Its all good matey I think we are all on the same page. We like VA :)

Whitestar likes this.
  19. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Apologies; I was reading the forums with an uncaffeinated mind. This has since been rectified. Carry on...

Whitestar likes this.
  20. Whitestar

Indeed, it has obviously the voice commands but also the functionality of apps such as JoyToKey. A great all-in-one package.

Heheh, no worries. I regularly suffer from those symptoms myself. ;)