1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Praise the helmet cam!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Guidofoc, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Being myself an orthodox sim racer I have always been driving in cockpit view. No bonnet cam. God forbid the chase cam. But one beautiful day I decided to try the helmet cam in ACC. Now I see the light! I cannot thank enough whoever at Kunos decided to add this to the game. It just made driving in ACC so much more fun! For a single 21:9 display this is fantastic, the rotation of the camera when turning allows me to see the corner apex much better even with my low FOV of 30 and the movements during acceleration and braking make driving much more alive. Going back to the standard cockpit cam now feels like dying a little. Just give the helmet cam a chance guys, it is phenomenal.

Grazie mille.

Oh and BTW, is there anything similar in AC? CM / Shaders patch?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Praise to Kunos. Sep 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions One-minute praise: the Nürburg at night Sep 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Unsolicited praise for Assetto Corsa from a pro Jan 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room In praise of the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport Feb 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room All Praise KS Developers Dec 22, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Hallelujah and praise cheezits Oct 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room RD's season update on race sims praises AC Aug 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nurburgring praise thread Mar 1, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Helmet cam without G forces? May 20, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Disable neck motion when using camera with helmet overlay in VR? Mar 29, 2023
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Here is a solution to (temporary) remove the helmet in helmet view in VR Jun 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Helmet View Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Virtual mirror in helmet view Mar 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR5 does not work with Helmet & Front views! Mar 11, 2021

3. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I love real head movement in AC, but I find the movements in Helmet Cam in ACC a bit too much (they give me motion sickness)….Is there an option to tone them down?

5. HerbertSaupee

HerbertSaupee Rookie

Totally agree with you! love the helmet cam.
    It gives a realy reality touch, because thats what a drivers head in a race car does(leaning left and right). This cam is the best compromise between VR and normal driving on a one screen setup, i think. And i have 21:9 too, greeat imersion.

Pernando Alomso likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Does helmet cam have working virtual mirror yet, kind of needs this as its pretty hard to race in some cars if you can barely see any mirrors. Other then that the helmet cam is pretty cool but I can do without actually seeing the helmet on my screen, the motion is pretty decent.

Guidofoc likes this.
  7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Agree, it would be nice. I have to tell you though that I finally decided to not use mirrors at all: radar + map does the trick for me. Also, I avoid the stress of checking the mirror all the time. :D I did quite a few races with that and it worked perfectly well. I check the map to see which cars are approaching, and for close battles the radar gives me all the info I need. Of course it is not very realistic.

8. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I rely solely on radar and 'look back'. I'll use the mirrors once track IR is sorted (pretty please! ;))

9. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

If the view had a virtual mirror then it would be my standard, go to view. I'm not quicker in any way but I'm more consistent in hitting my apexes.

10. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

My only problem with helmet cam is that depending on the settings you use, the helmet itself, wheel and your hands could get in the way and ruin my view. What I like about this camera settings are the movement, so it would be nice if we could hide the helmet and wheel.

DiRTMark likes this.
  11. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Sadly, this doesn't make you faster.
    So if you are looking for having fun, use the helmet cam, but if you are looking for the best performance, you'll have to stick with the hud cam.

12. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

You can get it much better than default by using pitch amongst others to improve the view. The default is very dashboard facing.

13. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

But that's what I mean, I don't use default settings. After changing settings the stuff I mentioned still get in the way, so simply having the option to remove them like you do in the regular cockpit view would be enough. Or add an "enhanced movement" option to regular cockpit view which does the same as the helmet cam, both works.

14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Hmm after getting used to it I have the same speed as before and more enjoyable driving so.. no going back for me. I feel that whatever view or FOV angle you choose it's just a matter of getting used to it.

15. Turk

Turk Alien

The helmet cam feels very weird in VR. It's like you've got a big bucket on our head because you can see down under the helmet.

KillZoneGB and emill910 like this.
  16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I’m going to tease a bit :D and say that TrackIR is the helmet cam fully upgraded with the added plus of full control movement in real time.:)

Although, I’m not a fan of helmet cam because how it changes pitch with braking and acceleration, besides being a constant reminder and a teaser for not being able to use TrackIR, which would add total liberty of axis movement according to what is needed in each situation.

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I dont use it. I appreciate Kunos added it for some users. For me it's like I am driving with my head in a fish bowl.. I have never used TrackIR however I am hoping to give that a go one day mainly for mirror checks..

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I don't like it either. Playing on a regular screen by default it makes the road to far and too tiny (24' screen though...)
    So I decrease the FOV, it zooms in but then I have two giant gloves almost blocking my view each time I turn the wheel. :p
    Dashboard cam is the best for me on pancake screen.
    Obviously, cockpit cam in VR.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  19. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

Thanks for the hint. I´ve checked it out yesterday and set it up like my former cockpit view. So the wheel and hands won´t disturb the view needed just a bit pitch and height correction. Really immersive cam!

20. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

It's great but the movement is too much I want an option to remove or tone down the movement.

f0ff0, Epistolarius and Ciccina2016 like this.
  21. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

A question: what does the 'dashcam' slider do? I've moved it from 0% - 100% but can't see any difference...
    Am I being blind to something?