1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SRO E-Sport GT Series

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes. I did a bit of digging for the top times, and indeed the consistency is shocking. You can see something happening in Lap 2 sector 2, but it's a consistent ~ +0.14s for all of them. Possibly something in the tyres.
    (and yes, the current table looks legit and plausible, though everyone has to prove his lap with a replay file in the end)

chksix and Salvatore Amato like this.
  2. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Yes agree that hotstint with fixed setup is good.

Would be interesting to see the replays though, not in the sense that they need to prove anything, but to learn :)

cobrettee, chksix, Echo_29 and 2 others like this.
  3. Agree.
    If I have to compare to FPS games I find being fast is like the K/D and the consistency is playing the objective.

Mostly playing the objective is way more important. You can really turn around a match with that

Then there are people that have 22 K/D AND they play the objective and you are f***** :D

Guidofoc likes this.
  4. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am 34 seconds off from the fastest time in the 10 min stint using the controller. I reckon it's not that bad for controller driving with everything turned off.

5. Hany

Hany Alien

So I heard it possible to change the default aggressive setup while being on track through the ini file.

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

While I still can see that ;)

7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Haha I made it a point of honor not to be over 10 seconds away from the top time and I managed for a while but.. then the aliens engaged warp speed :eek: I am almost 12 seconds behind the n.1 .. 12 seconds.. he could stop for a selfie and I'd still be behind. Damn. I will try again, for my dignity!
    Given that I was driving at about 1:49.8 average, and I need to make up around 2 seconds, 1:49.6s can do the trick. The thing is I have to avoid making mistakes for 10 minutes.. ok maybe there's a new mod car in AC I need to try instead :D

(And now that I think about it.. the fastest guy made like 1:47.xxx with 62 liters in the tank for 10 minutes. Wow)

Still, this made me realize how important is to learn ALL the points of a corner and not just the braking point. As always happens, with practice I have learned the first few corners of Monza rather well, which means 1) braking point 2) turning point 3) apex 4) exit point. On other corners I just remember the braking point and.. try my luck. The difference is night and day.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    chksix and D.Jankovic like this.
  8. trutya

trutya Simracer

there is a lot of room for improvement... too bad the agressive setup is a bit too agressive for me.
    i was (on friday) like 9,7s off the total time but i messed up one of my laps, doing only 50,8. the consistency is still not very good, it varies between 49,4-49,8.
    if i could do all my laps in the 49 flat that would be really nice, i'd be pleased with that. but seems not possible :D

9. Pani De Pani

Pani De Pani Gamer

I realize how to improve your times in special events by a very inocent way. I will tell only to the devs but surely they know it.

10. iCeBreaKer008

iCeBreaKer008 Rookie

Nah, it´s no secret that you can do many things to do faster lap times in the event.

You can heat the breaks and tyres before reaching the parabolica or you can even can burn a lot of fuel before starting.
    A lot of ppl for sure are trying to cheese (or cheat if you wanna call) their way into event.

I got to ask to the devs, are this thing allowed? I hope not...

By the way, can I ask for the next event that we can be able to edit only the eletronics by the setup page? It´s very annoying to have to set the eletronics everytime you restart in the cockpit :p
    I know there is a lot of things more important at the moment, but I got to say this would be a life saver in this events XD

Edit:
    I can see heating breaks and tyres normal, because even real life drivers do this in races and qualys to get better performance, but burning fuel stopped before start the hotstint I feel like is too much for this kind of event. Just my opnion.

11. trutya

trutya Simracer

what i only do is set TC to 4, and warm up brakes and tyres before the parabolica. no fuel burning.
    (also used to set the brake balance more and more to the front, from 61,4 to 61,8-62, but it might be my driving style. the rears used to overheat. the curse of agressive setup.

12. Pani De Pani

Pani De Pani Gamer

I speak about other thing, the gain is real, but i can be wrong because i dont try to replicated. PM send and i will not say any more

13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I guess there are good reasons for having to submit a replay.

14. guys where to submit it? is there still time? can I post it here XD??

15. Si.

Si. Simracer

@Minolin I’ll never be one of the top times but I’m thoroughly enjoying using the CC feedback to help me improve, from a starting point of around 1:53/54 I’m now able to run consistent 1:50’s/low 1:51s with the standard setup. Only a couple of tenths off a 1:49 now :).

Congrats on designing such a great system of feedback.

Kopiller, cobrettee, Guidofoc and 2 others like this.
  16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Still tells me I need to register although I did... :/

17. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Do we get to see the replays afterwards for research pourposes :D?

I managed to do some 1.48.5xx laps but not a whole stint. Obviously people could do better than that and mantain consistency but taking a second per lap is daunting.

PS.: Are people burning fuel? I did heat my tyres and breaks but to stay stopped and burn it all down well ...

18. cobrettee

cobrettee Gamer

played around with example times one would need to match the top time(not that i am anywhere close). I just love the challenge it presents though and with this rating system my consistency has improved substantially.

lap 1 - 1:48.230
    lap 2 -1:47.901
    lap 3 -1:47.812
    lap 4 -1:47.799
    lap 5 -1:47.555
    lap 6 -1:47.398
    Total - 10:46.695

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  19. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@cobrettee I don‘t think its possible to improve so much every lap just by the fuel burned or so - so my feeling is that the top drivers drive 5 extremely consistent/similar laps except for the first one maybe marginally slower. I myself managed to do 1.48.2 (with 60L of fuel) but unfortunately always had the occassional 1.48.8 inside the 6 laps so did not make it to the top.

@Devs I think it would really be cool for all of us to see the top 10 (or top 3) videos on Youtube afterwards! Would even be further great marketing for SRO & Kunos and a great opportunity for us to learn (and for the top X to show off :cool:)!

chksix and cobrettee like this.
  20. cobrettee

cobrettee Gamer

@Chriss yeah was just playing with the numbers to get to that total time - i have only had one session where i broke into the 1:48s for 2 laps with the rest low 1:49s and then proceeded to add 1.8s at ascari on the final lap :mad: would love to see sector times as well..just for research :D

Salvatore Amato likes this.