1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Keeping the thread alive, and just as a small plea to the already overworked devs, it would be nice to see TrackIR support in the rewritten upcoming (0.6) release. If not, then hopefully in the final release version.

WardogZ and tjr like this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'm thinking about investing in trackir5 with a 32:9. It would be nice just to use for mirror checks so hopefully one day it is supported.

warth0g likes this.
  3. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Yes agree, I’m eyeing a 49 inch super ultra wide myself and track ir would be perfect with it

Coanda likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Off topic:- The question im asking myself is do you go with the current 3840x1080 144hz 1ms version or wait for the new 5120x1440 120hz 4ms version to arrive sometime this year? It would be hard to power one of those 1440P monitors for gaming however the way I see it it should be slightly less damanding than 4k with 7.4M pixels compaired to 8.1M pixels rendered. Dual rtx 2080ti would should do it at 120 FPS however they are ridiculously priced.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I was able to put TrackIR working, with a walk around.

FreePie to emulate mouse to be used with free cam.

Only 2 axis, at cockpit you will have external sound, F7 free cam key conflit with F7 TrackIR precision key (enable first free cam then TrackIR).

Tutorial FreePie video found in youtube:

I made a small video, not at the driver sit but as an spectator. :) At least it will be good to do some videos.

6. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

Has anyone got FreePie to work with their EDTracker ?

7. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

No. Tried this after 0.6.0 and it did not work for me.

mister dog likes this.
  8. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Bump! Any news on Trackir/EDtracker progress this month?

Sean, tjr, Nox and 1 other person like this.
  9. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Anyone managed to get "look with wheel" to work in 0.7? Still hoping for TrackIR support with the full release.

10. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Bump !
    Keeping thread alive.....

KillZoneGB likes this.
  11. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I'm assuming that there is still no workaround to get this working yet?

12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I’m crossing my fingers that is something saved for the very last moment, but we’ll have it at some point.
    I do really miss using TrackIR and have to use virtual mirror, which I do not like (nor the radar), because I can’t see the mirrors due to the FOV I use and the static cockpit. :(

KillZoneGB and mister dog like this.
  13. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Track IR is really a must.

14. mister dog

mister dog Alien

15. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

So I did take the plunge and bought a 49" ultrawide monitor. It's awesome, but would be awesomer with TrackIR :)

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hate to admit it: yours is bigger than mine. But mine is still quite impressive with 34". Would love to try out TrackIR. Money is ready...waiting patiently for devs to implement it.

warth0g likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

wicked screen, nice one mate! Got my eye firm on the upgraded 1440p 120hz version due out sometime this year. Dunno if I can poeer it with my 1080ti. Very much doubt it. Curious what FOV you using for future reference?

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Nice!
    I’m thinking you went for one of the Samsung/Asus 3840x1080?
    I presume you’re not playing that far from the monitor, around 70 cm?
    If so, what do you find of the pixel density?

I’m asking because Samsung announced a 49” 5120x1440 FreeSync and LG a 38” 3840x1600 GSync at CES 2019 and I’m tempted but I wonder what card will then must be used.
    My card handles quite well a 34” 3440x1440 but the new Samsung CRG9 will be a whopping 50% increase and even the 38” is 25% more pixels for the GPU to process, although both have a similar pixel density to a 34” 3440x1440.

19. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

must have!

20. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

I am getting an EDTracker soon, mainly for flight sims, so I would appreciate head tracking support here as well. Hopefully it can be done.