1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

You may want to hold back on that as the EDTracker only has 3 degrees of freedom (3DOF - pitch, roll and yaw). It doesn't allow lateral or vertical movements of your head which is useful to be able to move your head up and down to see over the aircraft instrument panel and move forwards and backwards to zoom in on instruments. Something like Opentrack (free) with an inexpensive LED clip (or completely free with an Aruco tracker) has 6DOF and is much more flexible.

2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

As Vortex19 writes, there are free alternatives. I use OpenTrack and strap to my headphones an old phone running FreePIE IMU to get 3 axis of movement. I suggest you give it a go.

3. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

But that still only gives you 3DOF which is fine for racing sims but less useful for flight sims. As I said earlier, Opentrack with an Aruco tracker gives you the full 6DOF and works surprisingly well. Best of all, assuming you have a webcam, it's completely free and weighs a lot less than having a phone strapped to your headphones.

4. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

You can try FaceTrackNoir: it' s a cheap and quite effective solution
    Regards :)

5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, I'll look into that myself.

6. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I like FaceTrackNoIR and used it until about a year ago. However, I found it had a very slight delay in response (a little like over-damping) even on the lowest settings. Opentrack response seems to be instantaneous, it has more options and it's completely free. Plus, it seems to be more actively developed than FaceTrackNoIR.

cr4wl3r0 likes this.
  7. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Thanks for the info:
    I keep fingers crossed in hope ACC will support some sort of headtracking for use with my single 32" curved screen....
    Best regards

8. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

EDTracker is on its way. I did my research and I understand its limitations that can be partially solved using pseudo-6DoF via OpenTrack. By the way I used to have a TrackIR 5 which I sold after I stopped flight simming a couple of years ago. I went with ED now mainly because I always had problems with background lighting with TIR (and I suppose they are the same if not worse for other camera based solutions), which was extremely frustrating. And I'd need a decent webcam.

I actually did try it with AC and for some reason it kept disconnecting on my phone. I didn't even troubleshoot because it was simply uncomfortable. And having my phone at hand while flying can be useful.

I tried FaceTrackNoIR before I bought a TIR5 back then ~6-8 years ago. I didn't really like it, it kept losing my face and it was unusable in the dark. I am sure it's better now, but for decent results I'd have to buy a new webcam (I have like 10+ year old cheap webcams, as I don't use them) which would end up from a financial point of view in the ballpark of an EDTracker with more potential limitations.

9. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Oh, my thread from 9 months ago, I expected nothing and still I'm let down.

10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Sorry it took a while to reply. I’m using a FOV of 30 in ACC which seems to work great

Yes, it’s the Samsung. I like it very much indeed. I’m about 32 inches from the screen as it’s mounted to my rig and the pixel density seems fine to me. ACC looks pretty great, particularly the fireworks at night when you finish a race! Raceroom. Also looks incredibly sharp on it, the car models look fantastic.

I thought about waiting for the 4K version - but I think I’d struggle to power it with my current 1080ti setup which is new, and won’t be upgraded for some time. You have to compromise somewhere I guess but honestly, it doesn’t feel compromised, it feels awesome, I absolutely love it. Would highly recommend.

Luis Branco and Coanda like this.
  11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I agree, to go up in resolution and needing to go down in graphic details/options really isn’t taking benefit of using a bigger monitor.
    You have the monitor roughly as far as I have mine and it’s good to know the image is sharp up close.
    Like you I think it would be a struggle to run ACC at 5120x1440.
    I’ll run a test with DSR to check how’s the performance with a higher resolution but I don’t doubt it will be quite noticeable.

warth0g likes this.
  12. Nox

Nox Racer

I hope it comes with 1.0

13. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Hi guys,
    I "accidentally" found out centering the VR stuff works via the freetrack protocol. As long as I didn't miss some magic going on there, I suppose ACC understands the freetrack protocol. Maybe only in VR, but it might be worth a shot.

Second thought: Maybe VR mode "nohmd" is an option?

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Thanks for the suggestion but none of the VR launch options are make any difference for TrackIR use :(

15. JTS

JTS Gamer

I'm really missing the lack of Track IR and the continued lack of comment from the devs is not boding well for this at all.

I'd be happy with some rudimentary support that we can tinker with ourselves if need be. Give us the option to beta test for them.

Nox likes this.
  16. Nox

Nox Racer

Hello Team Kunos!!!
    Could a developer comment on this, does Track Ir support yes or no?

cr4wl3r0 likes this.
  17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm way, way, way, way (I could write it countless times :D) off my confort zone, but if I had to guess if I'm reading it properly, I would say that UE 4.22 nDisplay allow he use of TrackIR.
    I just don't know enough to know if this is really meaningful to TrackIR support or is just my wishful think working:D.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Rendering/nDisplay

18. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Good luck with that.

cr4wl3r0 and Nox like this.
  19. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

To be fair, ACC is a wonderfully involving sim, even without some very eventually welcome features: trackir support, deeper graphical damage modelling, debris, ........ a wonderful blonde on the start grid :)
    Probably the lack of trackir support would be a big evaluation mistake, but I' m ready to try to play without it.
    What I can' t understand is Devs silence about this simple question.
    This silence makes me feel quite disconnected from the Creators, so I ask them to kindly answer............
    Thank you