1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Suggestions after 0.7.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by arkoudadis, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkoudadis

arkoudadis Gamer

Hello drivers,

I'm making this post after i had more than a couple of races in open and closed servers (RD)
    I want to suggest some addition and/or changes for the future.

Note: I have not read every thread and what i will suggest maybe already have been suggested.

• Standing start (i know very well that this is not a format that it is supported by blancpain gt series but when you have to do with public servers and people that have no idea what so ever, i think it would be a descent addition to help make the race start a bit more safe.)
    • It would be great to see some kind of change in the short "formation lap". Right now drivers at the start of the grid have pretty much no restrictions and jump waaay ahead even before the start of the race. Maybe move the start of the formation lap couple of hundred meters back or have the cars start artificially (as an option). Thats a major issue atm since nobody respects the double file rolling start procedure.
    • I would love to see some better communication options. Obviously the menu is made more console friendly but i really believe that something like original AC menu layout (in race) would be much easier to work around .
    • Voice communication is a feature that i feel is necessary and i dont think thats not in plans but im throwing it in here just in case.

Now for some even more picky option that it would be nice to see in the future
    • Setup sharing in game. Although it pretty easy atm since you dont need to restart te game for a new setup to show up, it would be nice a more native feature.
    • Kick option would be great :p
    • A friendlist/invite
    Thats all, propably many of the feature are getting worked on but i felt the need to share my thoughts.
    I do believe that ACC at this stage is really great sim and cant wait for thing s to come!

Note: For any admins that feel this post should not exist in its own thread and it should get moved to somewhere else feel free!

Good luck and hope you have a great weekend at Monza!

Son likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards My Suggestions for Rating & Leaderboards [v1.6.2] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface UPDATED! My Suggestions for UI (inc. pics) [v1.7.4 until v1.8] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality suggestions for VR users Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP server suggestions Mar 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay MFD suggestions Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Again a few suggestions to make the game more engaging Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Issues and Suggestions for MP UI concept Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Suggestions Please Jun 4, 2019

3. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Maybe a "test drive mode" for friends, family which does not affect the rating : )

trasgu, BlueMind, Relf and 7 others like this.
  4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I don't even know if ratings are affected by free practice. Lord knows how long I have been sitting in the middle of the track and at weird locations and driving backwards while trying to take cool photos. I have the ratings tab disabled in UI and at this point I'm even afraid to enable it back look at mine. xD

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yes they are. OP expect this thread to be locked.

6. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

My suggestion after the great 0.7.x is simple: 1.0.0

7. trutya

trutya Simracer

option of adding AI cars in practice mode

trasgu, Relf, Ch4rL1E and 3 others like this.
  8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I would like to drive with the same setup.. to see who drive better..

9. iVG

iVG Alien

We've had this in AC since the dawn of time and it doesn't work. Argument is as follows - some people don't understand the setup screen and refuse to learn - think locked setups will give them the opportunity to show who the 'real' driver is - truth is gap gets even bigger.

10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

You are right, but i don't think people don't try a personal setup... i think someone is very very strong in setup and you can't take him. But is true... that's the real world.

11. iVG

iVG Alien

Generally the one who is very very strong in setup work is also very good in understanding how the car works and is able to not only use setup to suit the car to his preferences but also changing his style when necessary to suit the car. But that requires the assumption that there is such thing as driving talent, as some people seem to think it is not a thing.

trasgu, Aseeth, Freddie Seng and 2 others like this.
  12. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes it's true, I won some races but there weren't any phenomenal riders who gave me a second per lap. When I see fast riders coming behind me, I let them pass because "Resistance is useless, you will be assimilated" (BORG). I
    don't know if it's the correct translation.. in italian is "La resistenza è inutile, voi verrete assimilati".. :D

Aseeth and Arpadian like this.
  13. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Resistance is ‘futile’ that’s the correct translation.
    (Futile pronounced ‘fiutail’ if you are Italian )

And I do same, if I see someone clearly faster than me I let them past.

Fixed setup works to some extent but can be incredibly infuriating especially if you already have a setup you like and have to adapt again.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  14. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Once the setup screens became accessible in VR I started fiddling with the dampers to make the cars eat the curbs better. Not sure I'm quicker yet but I get more confidence when attacking the corners. My point is don't be afraid to try editing the default setups. Remember to save under new name though :p

15. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Ok.. Resistance is futile.. thanks. About setup i don't think i can do better than preset setup... i just change something in the preset.

16. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Yo, they think they are the "real" driver but they are wrong its me. On my PC. I school them but they refuse to learn. The gap is so big its more than a lap. <mikedrop>

Anyway I disagree with this post :)

17. iVG

iVG Alien

Word salad.

Aseeth likes this.
  18. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

As anyone who has ever played an online game knows, everyone worse than me is "trash," or a "noob." Everyone better than me is a cheater/hacker. Well since you can't really call hack in sim racing, you've gotta blame setup or lag or whatever else we can come up with to protect our fragile human egos.

trasgu, Dookie, Freddie Seng and 2 others like this.
  19. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

For me it's quite simple in general regarding the whiners. People who cry the loudest in online competitions have the least validation or receive the least appreciation for their persona or what they do in real life. If you'd be an accomplished person in your everyday life, you would not waste energy complaining so hard about something like this.

mikendrix likes this.
  20. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

In truth we must recognize that there are really strong driver. When someone beats me (especially in Zolder where I can't get below 1.30) at the end of the race I congratulate him and tell him "you were too fast for me". It is also true that sometimes in acceleration it seems that someone has 100 horses more than you but is probably due to better setup or few TC.

21. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry, no hard feelings but no wishlists.

Cote Dazur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.