1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Monza hates me

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by warth0g, Apr 13, 2019.

1. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

i know it’s one of the mainstays of simracing, but I just don’t understand the love for Monza. It’s lots of straights and a couple of chicanes and I find it impossible to get into an enjoyable flow with it. Basically, I suck at Monza, which wants to kill and humiliate me at every turn.

I’ve tried almost every car there. I managed a high 1:51 there with the Lambo but can’t do it consistently. Low 52s in the bmw which I’m more comfortable with so will stick with it.

I know these are laughably slow times, but I just have no idea how to improve. I think I’m losing time particularly in the lesmos and maybe on that last chicane that leads onto the parabolica.

Given the scarcity of tracks in ACC, I can’t just ignore Monza, so if anyone has any advice to help me lose some time here I’d be grateful!

Marceline likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC vs iRACING at Monza GP Jun 25, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Please prevent going straight on Monza May 8, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Meatball flag glitch Monza Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Physics Honda NSX Evo can use positive camber at Monza Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza - Wet (Rain) | Hot Lap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:56.823 Oct 6, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB ACC Big Grid Monza 8/12/21 Aug 27, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars replay helicam white line track boundary shines through cars "z-index" issue Monza Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer [POSSIBLE CHEATER] Aston Martin V12, Monza Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza | Track Guide | Tips to be faster May 20, 2021
    ACC General Discussions War at monza May 15, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza | Hot Lap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:46.848 May 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Monza lap times suddenly slowed. Apr 24, 2021

3. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

That’s the beauty of Monza, easy to learn, difficult to master. Not many corners but nailing them is key, focus on exit speed to improve your times so slow in and fast out...

4. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

exactly this, at first glance monza looks easy peasy but is not, the chicanes and the variante ascari are hard to do right and fast, you can kill your fast times pretty easily
    took me a few days to be able to do 1.48.167 ( my pb ) my average time floats around 1.48.800 to 1.49.XXX on the lambo, and the lambo is a ***** on the kervs

mr Switchblade and warth0g like this.
  5. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Maybe watch some videos of one of the Blancpain pilots : Romain Monti

He plays ACC on Monza on this one :

chksix, mr Switchblade and warth0g like this.
  6. iVG

iVG Alien

Here's my 1:48 capable set for the BMW that you might find helpful.

Attached Files:

warth0g likes this.
  7. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, I am probably carrying too much speed into that last chicane in particular so probably killing my exit somewhat.

Thank you, I’ll try that!

8. Changing setup will most likely not improve your time. The aggressive setup is all you need to go fast, I did a 1:47.0 with aggressive setup lambo and with most of the other cars I also got them well into the 1:47s just on aggressive. To get these times, it requires a VERY precise lap and I often screw up trying to pull a time like this. A few things I found while learning monza is:

In every chicane, you must try get the fastest exit possible. Do not run too deep on entry, make sure you can pull back enough to give you a good line on exit. I found after getting a better line through the second chicane, I was gaining 3-4 tenths. You want to narrowly avoid bouncing on the sausage kerbs.

Coming into the first lesmo make sure you arent slowing down too much, brake a bit and turn into the corner trusting the car, dont accelerate too early but you can afford to run right over the exit kerbing.

Lesmo 2 for me is one of the most painful corners ever lol. You cant afford to get on the grass on exit or it'll mess your lap up a lot. You want to brake just before the 50m board and narrowly avoid the inside kerbing. You can use the kerbing a bit but it might make your car unstable on exit. Use as much exit kerbing as you need without going on the grass.

Coming into Ascari, you can cut the first kerbing on the left a lot which should give you a good line to the exit. You might want to shift up early halfway through ascari so you can fully accelerate without worrying about the rear getting away from you. Dont use much kerbing or any kerbing when you are turning right in ascari and then on exit you should be able to use a little bit of the left kerbing for a better line. You should be foot flat through the exit of ascari.

The parabolica is kind of straight forward but you want to carry a decent amount of speed into the corner, keep near to the apex, gradually accelerate and get your foot down as soon as you know you wont run wide off the track limits.

Like said before, easy to learn but hard to master.

9. iVG

iVG Alien

Maybe aggressive is good for you but as the title suggests - it is very aggressive in most cars. For someone who is struggling to brake the 1:52s, I wouldn't recommend it. I personally wouldn't use it for a longer race... That's why I suggested mine which I consider to be half way between safe and aggressive and still returns better lap times.

Skaven Zverov and Si. like this.
  10. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

Im definitely not very good but hiting brake points and trail braking into chicanes is the key going below 52's. My personal best is 49:5 with pretty much default aggressive setup using bmw m6.

11. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

My personnal best is "1:49:815", very hard for me too.
    I would like at least to win 1 sec : )

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    warth0g likes this.
  12. Si.

Si. Simracer

@warth0g I’d suggest using the standard setup with the Lambo, I set TC to 4, ABS to 2 and Brake Bias to 58, I find this gives me a very stable car which is good under braking.

I then set CC to the active rating and used the information from that to understand which corners I was good at and which need most improvement (i.e. “quite slow”). Doing this I have gone from 1:51s to consistent 1:49s. CC really does help you improve and the whole rating system is one of my favourite things in ACC. In terms of multi-player I can still get good results as being consistent is just as important as being fast, one trip into the gravel can on average ruin several fast laps quite easily.

13. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Well thanks all. I've run a few laps this morning and I've got fairly reliably into the high 1:51s. even getting as low as 1:51.45 - which was a miracle lap. How the hell you guys shave another 3 or 4 seconds off that is something I'll never understand! But I'd be so happy if I could just get into the 1:50s consistently, that's the benchmark I want to set for myself. I think if i got down to those sorts of times then I would at least be able to run OKish in multiplayer races. I might also try and beat the AI at 90%, that's probably the first objective.

I just love this sim, only ACC could have got me to start to appreciate Monza, just phenomenal. I'm literally dreaming about it at night, and checking the forums first thing in the morning. Needless to say, my wife doesn't share my passion for it :-(

14. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Yes, the lambo would be my second choice. I am a bit quicker but I feel more confident in the BMW. i will try your suggested setup changes in it though and see if that feels better, thank you. Switching focus to CC is also a good call, I do find that very helpful (nice job @Minolin the ratings system is perhaps ACC's biggest innovation!)

Minolin and Si. like this.
  15. Adastros

Adastros Racer

you should link your video ;)

16. Ok I can agree with that but even the safe setup is good enough for around 1:47- 1:48 times. It's important to learn to drive the car properly and then make fine adjustments after. The lambo is probably one of the most unstable cars on aggressive. Change setups to your needs but don't go overboard because the default setups are good enough at the end of the day.

srymateslovv likes this.
  17. I dont have a full video of the lambo lap, some of it is in this video:

I have a full video of a 1:47.2 I did in the 2018 Nissan. (Skip to 0:35 for the lap) Hope it helps in some way:

18. iVG

iVG Alien

Most definitely true. Stock sets are good enough and even the safe ones are good enough for well under 1:50 on Monza. Dunno, maybe a different perspective would help him go quicker I thought...

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id say if your around 1:52 then setups not your issue as its quite possible to go under 1:48 with the defaults. Just use a setup your comfortable with and can keep in control.

Monza is a great track because it really shows the importance of fast clean exits. Mess up any apex you can lose .5 or more by the next brake point.

My best tip is to not chase time on entry until you maximise your potential with all exits. Key is to hit apexes and get on power as clean and soon as possible this is where you will find the 4 seconds from 1:52 to 1:48 to go under that you will need to find the last few tenths on entry.

The probpem most people a bit off pace have is they try to push the braking limits when this is where the most risk and smallest gains are.

Braking 5 meters later and naiking a corner is a tiny gain less then .05 but be half a meter wide of the apex you will lose 1 second. So there is no point risking 1 second time loss to gain .05 until you have no more time to gain on exits. ;)

20. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Slow down to go faster.

sissydriver and Poguinhas like this.
  21. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

T1 costs massive amounts of time. I'm trying to find my best way through that chicane.