1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia raytrace real option for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by PabloVND, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

I know that in a simulation high and stable framerate is primarily needed for a decent experience and also that raytrace these days is mostly still reserved for tech demos and expensive super cards but, as some of you already know lastest nvidia drivers add compatibility for raytrace with 10 series cards. Is that partial compatibility and also low performance expected but on the other side and surprisingly i be able to select medium raytrace in shadow of the tomb rayder and surpinsingly with a residual performance drop. The improvement is very noticeable in shadows adding tridimensional deepness and most surprisinly at residual performance cost for a gtx 1070 ti.

Maybe some escalable raytrace is going to be inplemented in some elemets on ACC and will be interesting to see results if the performance penalty is as low as it was in my test.

its.me and Luca Zari like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game will not launch - stuck 'Initializing UI' when Nvidia surround is enabled. Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality nVidia 522.25: 5-10% performance boost on 3080 Oct 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Possible Nvidia dual drive causes fatal crash Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality NVIDIA 512.XX vs 516.XX Aug 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Windows11 + nvidia surround in game resolution issue Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer [resolved - nvidia driver] Track-specific game freeze in both Single Player and Multiplayer Apr 13, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality NVIDIA performance overlay Mar 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting return to menus and monitor blank - not optimum mode [Nvidia driver "feature"] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting F11 toggling full screen and framerate issue on nVidia Oct 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck on AC Launcher if Nvidia Surround enabled Oct 19, 2021

3. its.me

its.me Racer

I am interested in this topic as well. But no single comment on ray tracing from Kunos so far.

4. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

Wonder if it would be a possible solution to provide proper mirrors (i.e., angle changing with head movement and showing parts of the player car), and how that would perform compared to the current ones (which really hurt framerate in spite not looking very nice at all)?

For other stuff, I can't say I really care in the near term - given the choice I'd rather spend the GPU power on other things. But I'm sure in a few years time when the hardware catches up to the graphics engine it will look really great.

5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I have already difficulties to run ACC with others compinent in VR without compromise ( and I have a good PC)... :confused:
    But why not..

I think that the RTX demo on ACC was not made by Kunos but by Nvidia.

Yes, but really, we do not need that to simulate reflexion on a surface (screen space reflection are limited but works fine).
    It's cool to see this kind of thing but for example, Iracing, or Pcars 2 doesn't have ray tracing. And however, these games have dynamic mirrors. It's probably a waste of performance like use a bazooka to kill a fly.

Also I know, ray tracing is not just about reflexion in real time, it's about how light bounce around the scene, how much a material reflect light etc.. but for the moment, it's really shy (from nvidia). Ray tracing is more that what we have seen for now. I'm not as excited as PabloVND.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  6. Stekelly1980

Stekelly1980 Rookie

They should add it as I'm hoping that if my rig can't do it then my future rig will. Future proof!

its.me and mr Switchblade like this.
  7. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

I can not comment, sorry :p

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien