1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Q1 release promise broken, yet no new date communicated? EDIT: there is a date now

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Apr 12, 2019.

1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

The should release at the end of June

2. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Not a bait that's how i play the game maybe it's too hard for you so you assume i'm just trolling but NOPE.
    If you can't drive in a game without assist then you are actually bad don't blame software or hardware it's 100% you.

3. pRojectop

pRojectop Gamer

If you cant wait 1 month than you can go iceRacing :)

4. Maybe a proof about your drifting skill would be nice ;) Let ACC look arcade'ish...

BTW: FFB is NOT this kind of driving aid.

5. ▣ HiTzz

▣ HiTzz Gamer

More like *cough* Irenting *cough* sorry for my terrible flu :rolleyes::D

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It would be hard to make yourself look more stupid, I dont think you succeeded there. ;)

LeDude83 and Jebus like this.
  7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

What would make it even more impressive is that he doesn't even seem to own ACC. :eek:

jaxx_za and After_Midnight like this.
  8. Right :confused: Maybe he's talking about an other game then...

9. Whoa you are right! We are all breaking the first simracer commandment: "Thou shalt not use TC and ABS (even if the real car has)"

Forgive us Father for we have sinned

swannyuk likes this.
  10. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

11. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

i own the game lol otherwise why would i even be here? i'm in no way talking down on game it was a comment for troll who thinks acc has bad ffb.

12. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

you can use TC and ABS if you want but that won't make YOU a better driver the electronics are doing the work for you.
    i hate the use of TC and ABS in real thing as well but since i can't change the rules there atleast i can change rules in my own game for me.
    fact is tc and abs makes driving much easier and it removes individual drivers skills and negates car characteristics there is a reason top racing sports dont have TC and ABS because they want to prove that they are best in car motorsports (F1,rally,DTM).

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Lol, GT3 cars are designed to use TC and ABS. Just look at your laptime, 1:52... Just turn on TC and ABS mate.

Micii1, LeDude83 and chksix like this.
  14. It has nothing to do with seperate driver skills. Even the fastest ones would use systems like ABS and TC if possible.
    You are simply wrong here. For example in F1 the ABS is not allowed to slow down the cars and create the possibility for overtaking in breaking zones. No human can react like a 4 channel racing ABS system. No one. You included.

Welcome to the reality.
    ...and no need to thanks ;) You're welcome :)

anthonylroy, Oblit0r and chksix like this.
  15. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

yes tc and abs are better than humans BUT whats the point then? it takes huge amount of driving skills away remove human from racing then let computers do the work since i'm 100% sure that computers are better than humans.
    I'm not here to set hotlaps i just wanna enjoy the car fully by my self since i cant buy my own gt3 car yet a sim will do just fine plus i never said i'm the best so stop assuming and read properly.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  16. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

yes it was not a hotlap lol never said it was.
    plus can u see the conditions ?? it was set on heavy storm maximum settings possible and if you can do better by using assist and think you are better then fine i dont care what you think TC and ABS are assist and will always take individual driver's skill out of the game/sports.

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's not that you're a little bit off pace, you're over 10 seconds per lap off pace (guestimation, will try after the SRO eSports race ends).
    Like I said, GT3 are designed to use TC and ABS, running without them will put you in a BIG disadvantage. Not only that, you might be a risk on track to others in terms of easier lock ups and running in the back of the person in front, traction loss and spinning coming out of corners and overall being slower on track because you're not able to push the car to its limit.

Just turn on TC and ABS when you drive a GT3 car. Even Nicki Thiim says ABS in racing sports is for pussies, but he does race with ABS turned ON, because that's simply the reality of driving these cars.

18. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

sigh i dont think can understand what ive just said lets try again
    it was not a HOTLAP there is still room for improvement sure not to mention it was on practice mode not hotplap mode.
    If you got proof of 10 or so seconds faster laps on same EXACT conditions show it.
    risk? what risk? this is a game and on top off that i was playing alone in practice mode lol.
    i'm not denying the capabalities of tc or abs BUT it will 100% takes lot of skills out of racing drivers FACTS might as well remove human from racing all together since computers will always be faster than any human on earth considering its developed completely.
    I dont care what real drivers use its a game i will choose whatever settings i want i'm not saying im here to compete i just want to have some fun thats it tc and abs will never give me satisfaction of driving all by myself with all my skill put to test.
    Also on hotlap event on zolder i had timing of 1:30:1 with no assist top one had 1:28:5 not fastest but considering i'm new sim driver using no assist on old g27 i'm quite satisfied with results.

19. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

It's been a while since I've seen one of those posts like "I'm such a badass because I drive GT3 cara with assists off, TC and ABS are for pussies".
    So far I'm enjoying the discussion.

To be honest I agree with @A-Jin , not only do I drive with TC and ABS off, but I also drive with 0 wings all the time. Downforce takes all the skill away from the driver, so I just use the aggressive setup, set TC, ABS and rear wing to 0 and slide the Lambo around like an arcade game.
    If you guys don't agree, maybe just GIT GUD.

chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  20. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

TC and ABS i think where banned be certain series not because it made it easier for drivers, but because it offered race engineers and drivers to gain unfair advantages because the authorities at that time had no control over the software. Since TC and ABS was banned in F1 it did not really affect the race standings in general.