1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Monza twitch stream... holy cow... you guys just raised the bar

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Slowbloke, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Adastros

Adastros Racer

o_O

2. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

From a graphics being close to reality perspective acc blows iracing out of the water and that was the original point I was trying to make.

Multiplayer wise I doubt acc will be able to compete with iracing but I would be happy to be wrong.

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I wanted to make similar post but here we go.
    I love the esport of acc its fun..

BUT:
    • Hosts need monitors in front of them so they dont spin on their chairs left right left right in to the big screens.
    • Quality of game was sharpened to much From some angles game looked bad
    • UI hud(brodcasting screen) should get some overhaul till the next one. To match the overlay attleast
    • Race format should be a bit longer. 20minutes its to short to have any good races
    • Stop replaying release trailer 5 times in a row (i loved that trailer but i started to hate it last night :D so manny car trailers just fire those up)
    Just some of the little things but for the first time its great..

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

To me, in this side, there's no competition.

Iracing is the best, by far, for broadcasting and "real feel".

Said this i'm still here into ac because several reasons, bla bla bla, i prefer the ac / acc package in the end, hands down.
    But there's no shame imho, to said that in some areas ir or other sims are better.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

This can all be done in ACC using the broadcasting tools, I guess. It's just a matter of time.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

D.Jankovic likes this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I hope this!
    In that case, acc will become even better than now. I like, i love acc.

But i speak only for what i can see now, and imho, now, the target should be ir.

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Agree. It's completely unnecessary. Commentary is to listen to, not watch.

Turk and Ricky Reject like this.
  8. Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  9. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

You are correct IRACING is much better at the moment but ACC is still young

10. admix

admix Gamer

About the graphic no, but he's right about the "television experience".

I think IRacing is better especially in terms of the "movement of framing", much more real. While ACC's camera, in its subjective shots, always points firmly at the geometric centre of the car, and even in side-by-side duels it is able to keep at the centre only the car taken as subject, iRacing seems to have more human and realistic "movements" and is able to have a more general shot of the group of cars around the subject. I think this is the very difference which makes the feeling more real.

11. Turk

Turk Alien

I ended up watching a lot of the streams. I thought for a first attempt with half finished software it was very entertaining. The commentators did a good job, I'd agree there's no need to see them.

The only thing that annoys me is those camera angles that zoom in way too much, it happened in AC too, there's no advantage to getting a close up of the cars wing mirror as it drives past. Hopefully cameras can just not do that and it will improve the broadcasts instantly. When you watch the iRacing vid above it doesn't zoom in that much and it looks better.

12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I've not been able to see the streams but a personal gripe of mine is that the cameras most often don't mirror real life. Instead they follow the locked car by jumping corner to corner as the car passes by. The view gets rather sterile that way.
    Put the cams in the same positions as IRL and transition the view as IRL. If no camera can see the car for a moment just show the general pack meanwhile.

mr Switchblade and Turk like this.
  13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes a bit this, but also the real external cameras (like TV images), many presets camera ( all with the same TV style), chopper cam which is by far the best to show a fight, and the possibility to use a total free cam in a very easy way from the broadcaster on the fly.

A very deep and satisfying system, that obviously need a proper direction and organization behind. But the final result is there.

________

Come back to acc we have a HUGE step from ac, no doubt. If only we could have more cams (and more tv-like)...

mr Switchblade likes this.
  14. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I tried watching, but 20% of the screen was displaying two guys that for some reason has to be in shot all the time. One of them kept screaming into the microphone as soon as a wheel touched grass so I had to turn the whole thing off...sorry :\

Racert46 and Raklödder like this.
  15. Psit

Psit Alien

You must be fun at parties. :)

Kopiller likes this.
  16. Todays stream was made better than yesterday's. Thanks to Kunos, Chris and Paul.
    Paul reminds me IMSA commentators: he never stop talking. But i like it. This makes game streams closer to real racing tv streams :)

And yep, it will be nice to have tv-style cameras in ACC.

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

we already have TV style cameras "F2" one set of cameras without cinematic and 2nd set of them with cinematic. plus onboards on "F1" and "F6"

mr Switchblade likes this.
  18. Thank you. Well, its time to take some more screenshots :)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

the TV style we have now aren't so great sadly.
    I mean, they are a bit "tv-style" and a bit "videogame-style". It also depends from the track, in some are better, in some other are not so good.

Son and mr Switchblade like this.
  20. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Game looked much better today on stream. Oversharpening and oversaturation was gone. Can't wait to see 2nd round.