1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I thought i was going crazy also :D noticed that also.

But idk what could affect that..could be server thing with track status being gripy even when it shoudnt be etc. So i did not bother reporting it

Edit: Aris also what i noticed while runing wet tires and they were red on hud app while runing the dry track i did not spin out at all tires were still griping i did not check how slow i was but still on slicks a bit of yellow on hud app and car goes crazy :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  2. Erik Frisen

Erik Frisen Gamer

Yes but everything else is slippery, cornering and throttling is like it should but braking is somehow barely effected by the weather and tire compound. It is also like this in offline so there must be something else.

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Best would be to open a bug report thread and see what they say

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

:) :) So much fun. Last lap was after chequered flag.

5. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

And this is what ACC needs :)

eRacer212 likes this.
  6. iVG

iVG Alien

Was that from the race last night?

7. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Today

8. iVG

iVG Alien

@Mitja Bonca watching the 3 hr race in the wet Monza now, I see that people are doing 2:03 only leaders going sub 2:03. Here's the timing also stream available on youtube
    https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/watch-live#live-timing

Rain has pretty much stopped and even though there are some 46 cars on track, track is still very much wet after more than 20 minutes racing. Also times seem to be a good 10 seconds off of what we would get in AC for similar conditions. Definitely something wrong with ACC wet grip.

9. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Watching already :)
    Bortolotti in its own class.

and this things happen to:
    [​IMG]

MsportDAN likes this.
  10. iVG

iVG Alien

Yeah definitely much much slower than what you'd expect in ACC. We would be on slick by this point.... Undeniably damp conditions are off in ACC

MsportDAN likes this.
  11. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You need to take into account the really low temperatures there, and the absence of any sunlight hitting the track.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Was about 6c ambient 5c track at the start of the race I think. We dont actually have in game temps visoble in the current build. But if you run a wet track and much higher temps it would dry out much quicker and slicks would work much better with more chance of getting some temp into them.

13. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

The minimum temperature you can set ingame is 10c. At least in Monza. Also, we can't control humidity, it was around 99% this morning.

14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Yeah all in all the laptimes in real life are way slower in these conditions as in ACC. Today was a good reference though. Would be nice to see a bit of an alignment in ACC within one of the future updates.

15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure corrections will be made, but you can't really compare this race with what we have in ACC since weather conditions can't even be replicated in the game!

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Which is the point? You should be able to since that's the sim's purpose.

Lower temperatures than ACC allows is one point.

Then there were super slick wet conditions in qualifying even after the rain let off, which doesn't seem to be a thing in ACC unless you set very high wetness without rain as custom weather. And even then kerbs, painted surfaces and the oily rubber on the racing line don't seem to make much of a difference.

The wettest settings for weather in ACC are pretty difficult to drive but it does seem that - naturally - the system needs some further adjusting.

17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Might be that the different conditions compensate some seconds but we have multiple examples now which show that you are much faster in the wet in ACC compared to real life.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I didn't say the system doesn't need to be adjusted. I just said today's race can't be used as a comparison because conditions were a bit extreme. But I'm sure ACC staff took a lot of data from today's race and will use it to make ACC better :)

Luca Zari likes this.
  19. iVG

iVG Alien

Conditions weren't at all extreme. The rain stopped before the race started and an hour into the race - there's still wetness everywhere even though there aren't any puddles on the racing line due to water being kicked out by the 40+ cars. That's not far off of 10C and damp track on ACC. Yeah, a few degrees lower maybe? 7C instead of 10C? Okay cool. Now explain how I can lap sub 1:55 on damp Monza pretty much on slicks vs. 2:00+ lap times on wets. Please try replicate it in ACC and you'll see how much easier it is to drive even on slicks when the rain has stopped and just after a few laps you can slap on the slicks.

Here's an example of how no raining it was:

Go to 2:27:50

Freddie Seng and Mitja Bonca like this.
  20. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

My observations: when the track was rubberized the day before and the next day it rains, the track becomes very slippery in trajectory.
    8 degrees can drastically lower the grip if the use tires range is at the limit.