1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Q1 release promise broken, yet no new date communicated? EDIT: there is a date now

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Apr 12, 2019.

1. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

"i didn't make any excuses" sounds like someone who is making excuses.
    You wanna use assist use them it's just a game enjoy.

2. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You tell me I make excuses, I just explained the situation. I'm not ashamed of the assists kicking in.
    And I will definitely keep on using the assists, especially in wet conditions. Maybe you should watch this morning's Blancpain qualification and you'll understand why.

3. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

They use assist just because of rules says and they say so because there are lots of gentlemen drivers who are competing in same race it's more for safety because let's be honest these assist make drivers life wayy easier.
    No pro driving series(dtm,f1,rally) use abs or tc because they got skills and want to make individual drivers make their impact more big.
    Assist are good for road but if you are into racing then it's your job to drive car fast and by doing that you are actually agreeing to any future problems,risks etc.
    You wanna use cuz they make game easier and you don't have to be that careful or that precise throttle control.

Poguinhas likes this.
  4. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

DTM had ABS back in the days (not sure about TC), F1 used to have TC and rallying had both (wasn't very useful though). They are banned for cost cut reasons, not for some "driver impact" things. When series has car development allowed these can get very costly and make gaps between teams bigger.
    If you just smash the inputs you are using TC/ABS wrong. They can save you in difficult conditions but mostly they help you to optimize your inputs close to limits.

5. I'm not sure about DTM because barely watched but like I said:
    In F1 ABS and TC are forbidden to slow down the cars. For no other reasons.

6. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

So post same lap timed without any tc and abs.
    TC and ABS takes CORE driving skill away if you can't realise that you either lack knowledge or just are ashamed to use TC and ABS and justifying it in racing.

7. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Thats one way of saying that it helped drivers to gain speed.
    They are called as ASSIST so it makes car driving easier FACT.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  8. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Rally never had any TC and ABS thats one of the major reason people have mad respect for them

9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Correct, as in the Blancpain series, it is allowed to help less than professional drivers compete.

With DRIVER ASSISTS, you wouldn't be hearing the term, "rain master" as much at all.

A-Jin likes this.
  10. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

****in finally someone who gets it.
    Yes with TC and ABS you have to drive the car but without them it's whole different story.
    If i have to use tc and abs in a ****ing video game then how good of a driver am i?

11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Never ending discussion about the abs and tc lol

If you dont want to use them dont use them nobody is forcing you. If you loose because other guy used the tc and abs dont bi*ch about it. If you win gj. End of story.

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Mostly agree.

Now if you are competitive and or winning without any DRIVER ASSISTS in ACC, then that is making a statement.
    And I'd be shouting it to the world, but I don't think that would happen.

I don't think anyone is saying you HAVE TO use DRIVER ASSISTS, just that you will be at a big disadvantage.

I personally use ABS and TC, at very low values, because without some, would be impossible to compete in the rain for example, or even AI at 100%.

Do I like having to use DRIVER ASSISTS, no, I think lowers the drivers skill requirement.

Am I being stubborn by using low TC, and then have to watch how I apply throttle, sure, but I enjoy that challenge.

ABS in F1 did not make the cars faster, sure the driver could brake later , but they were still limited to ultimate cornering capability of the car for the speed through a corner.

Dude, friendly advice, you don't need the **** to make your point.

13. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

I don't race i just drive in practice and do some hotlaps not to compete but just for fun.
    My ping is very bad for online

14. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/

Also you have to check:

FORUM RULES

HOW TO ASSOCIATE YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT

the process is very simple. Basically it's a 3-steps process.

Your forum user has its own password in order to log on this forum. Remember it.

Go on the external accounts page and click "Associate with Steam". You will be automatically redirect to the official Steam website. Here you need to log in with your Steam credentials (that you use with Steam client too). Done that, you will be automatically redirect on our forum again. Last step: it will ask for your FORUM PASSWORD. Put it into the text field and the process is done.

chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  15. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Just because you don't use ABS and TC does not mean you are a better driver, F1 does not use them Primarily for cost reasons ,it gives to many advantages to teams with more money , GT3 cars have theses assists because the production cars have them. I get sick of people boasting about how they don't use traction or ABS because they are such good drivers and don't need them. I bet every professional driver including F1 drivers would prefer TC and ABS over no TC and no ABS. there are probably 5% of the worlds real racing drivers who would put in a better time without TC and ABS. They probably make racing safer for 95% of all real racers , and who can argue with that

chksix, DzelRacing and LeDude83 like this.
  16. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Wrong abs will always make car faster no matter which sports it is the later you brake themore speed you carry before corners less time spent on braking=more faster times simple as that.
    Have you seen f1 onboard with TC and ABS ? they lean on it everytime you can literally hear it. that ain't driving skills that's just electronic helping him.
    Still it's still f1 but for gt3 class which are not that fast compared to f1 it's meh i don't like.
    I don't race online because of my bad ping i just enjoy driving the car on different conditions doing some consistent laps thats it.
    maybe race with ai but thats taxing on fps and i don't like that.

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You don't even know what my throttle control is like, in those conditions TC kicks in when you barely press the throttle, long before you reach the maximum amount of throttle input before breaking traction when TC is turned off.
    I use them because they make me faster, I can drive on the limit more and because it makes me safer.

Am I a real racedriver now?

You oughta really get off your high horse because you come across as condescending as f**k.

18. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Another one who doesn't understand english.
    I never said i'm best or better than someone but i said if you can drive car FAST without assist then you are better driver.
    Yea cost is ONE of the reason but not only one to ban assist.
    Assist takes lot of driving skills out of the sports and drivers would only choose it because they want to win.
    Winning is primary goal they are not there to boast who is better driver.
    They want to win thats y they will use TC and ABS because it will make driving much easier.

19. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

What happened man you lost so much time there.Proving my point TC makes things easy.
    Thanks

20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Everyone knows it makes it easier, I even told you that you were slow because you DIDN'T use assists.

It's like talking to a door... Good day, I'm out.