1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. I don't know if it's been discussed already. Sorry.
    A few days ago I had a great experience in MP at Monza, a 30-minute race started in full sun with a storm arrived at mid-race. I managed to pass many guys because it started raining when I was at Ascari, I could put on the rain tyre before hell came.
    It was fantastic. Also driving in the extreme wet.
    The only negative thing was the transition from sunny to cloudy, the transition was not smooth, just as if the light had been turned off step by step. I don't know if it was because of the time multiplier. All I know is that that server has a great value of weather variability.

2. Poloman

Poloman Racer

Well,we could use an offset for the temps,as it is already done in other game,the main issue is the constant raining in most of the tracks at winter.

But still,if it can be done with a simple plug in,i dont see whats the big issue for you to implement.

3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Typical answer from a non-developer :)

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

4. Meanwhile in monza this weekend are expected 9°C :eek:

5. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

I only can put my dinamic weather temperature dial setting in 10º or more :oops:

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Franc Pisek likes this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

2 cars have slicks and struggling. Bentley and lambo

track looks dry!
    wets 2;01 slicks 2;05
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8 sided die

mr Switchblade likes this.
  8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

1;58 just done on slicks fastest lap!

9. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I believe in the game when the track is way wetter, there still is no need to put on wet tyres as the slicks have too much grip. Whereas all the real life drivers are on wets once its raining.
    Even cold under pressured slicks give too much grip on heavily wet tracks in ACC.

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

This race really makes me wish we had dynamic racing line. When the track was wet everyone stayed to the inside both on entry as well as on exit of the first chicane, then as the track was drying they were slowly creeping more and more to the outside of the chicane. If we had that in game it would be awesome.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I think is almost perfect in ACC!
    Note, in Monza today is sub 10deg, and some use try tires, we in game always +20deg (most of the time), so much hotter conditions. Maybe just some small adjustments are needed, and these will Aris collect in this weekend.

I`m sure it will happen in 1 year time.

Luca Zari likes this.
  12. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

One question, i maybe missed the answer on forum, will fog be part of the weather? Or Blancplain aren't driven while fog is up?

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

someone asked aris a similar question few pages back. Think his reply was "first things first". or something to that degree.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  14. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Sure, that's true. if it comes, cool. They have a lot to work on until release.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For possible future DLC's you may need to expand. :D Here is VLN yesterday.

Also I am fairly sure a few years ago Bathurst 12hr had 40c ambient and 60c+ track temps.

They actually had less trouble at hot Bathurst then cold Nordschleife as in the snow safety car probably led most laps.

It also can snow at Bathurst but never when they race there, the 12hr is in summer and 40c+ is not that unexpected same as very cold at temps at Nurburgring or Spa any time of the year.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    PabloVND likes this.
  16. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Wasn't it red flagged ?

18. @Minolin
    Do we have any chance to get dynamic (depending from actual racing lines) dry lines and dynamic rubbering lines in release version?

19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I wouldn't imagine so otherwise it would be there from the start and I imagine a ton load of new coding.

It's no biggie for me as long as it fundamentally works. As most times the lines are the same anyway, even in rf2 I don't notice that much variation in lines.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  20. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

I'm okay with predefined dry and rubber lines. Placement of those lines need a bit of a improvement in some corners but i have no problem with them not being completely dynamic.

Freddie Seng and MsportDAN like this.